Hi, whenever I power my phone off to charge and turn it back on i notice when I go into my task manager it shows you tube active. I don't even use you tube so how can I stop this from popping up?

USMC97
    12-30-2014 08:35 PM
    Greenify. Rooting and freezing it. Rooting and uninstalling it. (I'd freeze it first, though, to make sure some other app isn't running a process in the Youtube app and won't work without it.)
    kanesmith41 likes this.
    12-30-2014 09:04 PM
    Hi, whenever I power my phone off to charge and turn it back on i notice when I go into my task manager it shows you tube active. I don't even use you tube so how can I stop this from popping up?

USMC97
    Side Question: Why do you power off to charge? Just curious.
    12-30-2014 09:06 PM
    It charges better powered off.

USMC97
    12-30-2014 09:24 PM
    It charges better powered off.

USMC97
    If you have quick charge enabled and use the quick charging brick it will charge just as fast .
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    12-31-2014 10:19 AM
    Is that true that the Note 4 charges better when it's powered off? Mine charges 0-100 within about an hour to 75 minutes. If it charges better powered off that means it could be fully charged in about an hour which would be astonishing. My wife and I have a debate about whether you should turn it off to charge it but I assumed since it's 2014 that batteries and tech was more advanced than what she says it is.
    akutch34 likes this.
    12-31-2014 12:16 PM
    Mine charges faster and seems to last longer. I can go just about 3 days without charging mine. I'm just not married to a phone like most people, that's one of the reasons I just turn it. Each to it's own.

USMC97
    12-31-2014 03:52 PM
    I do.

USMC97
    12-31-2014 03:54 PM
    The phone draws a fixed amount of current during charging. (If there's a fast charge mode, there are two distinct amounts being drawn at different times.) If the phone is using part of that current (IOW, it's turned on), there's less current going to the battery, so it'll take longer to charge. Basic electricity 101.
    01-12-2015 12:53 AM
    but I assumed since it's 2014 that batteries and tech was more advanced than what she says it is.
    The laws of physics haven't changed in the last few years (or the last few billion years either). If one amp is going from the charger into the phone, and the phone is drawing 1/4 Amp, the battery is only getting a 3/4 Amp charge. (The amount of current the phone can draw is fixed by the circuits in the phone.) Change the numbers into milliamps so there are no fractions and it's second grade arithmetic. (It doesn't charge "better", it just charges faster.)

BTW, letting the battery drop to 0 is a great way to make the battery makers rich. You lose about 3/4 of the life of the battery by doing that. Charge at the 50% point for longest life, or 40% if you want to stretch it without shortening the life too much. But discharge down to 0 every day? The battery won't last a year.
    01-12-2015 01:00 AM
    The laws of physics haven't changed in the last few years (or the last few billion years either). If one amp is going from the charger into the phone, and the phone is drawing 1/4 Amp, the battery is only getting a 3/4 Amp charge. (The amount of current the phone can draw is fixed by the circuits in the phone.) Change the numbers into milliamps so there are no fractions and it's second grade arithmetic. (It doesn't charge "better", it just charges faster.)

BTW, letting the battery drop to 0 is a great way to make the battery makers rich. You lose about 3/4 of the life of the battery by doing that. Charge at the 50% point for longest life, or 40% if you want to stretch it without shortening the life too much. But discharge down to 0 every day? The battery won't last a year.
    I appreciate the advice. I do have to say though that I wont be following any of it. If I have to replace my battery within a year, i'll gear up and prepare myself to drop that $25 for a new one. I never let my battery get to 0, but I also don't stress about it either. If batteries were $100 i'd do every bit of research I could to make them last, but for $25-$40 i'm not going to spend my life sweating every time I see my battery percentage go below 40.
    01-12-2015 11:10 AM
    Every phone I've had for the last... 5? 6? years goes to 5% or dies completely on a daily basis or almost daily and I've never had to replace batteries or have issues holding a charge. I work long hours and don't have the luxury of charging often-- nor do I see the need. Phone lasts me all day, that's good enough for me (=
    01-15-2015 09:40 AM
    Every phone I've had for the last... 5? 6? years goes to 5% or dies completely on a daily basis or almost daily and I've never had to replace batteries or have issues holding a charge. I work long hours and don't have the luxury of charging often-- nor do I see the need. Phone lasts me all day, that's good enough for me (=
    Ruk isn't saying it means 100% that your battery will die .. It is just known that these batteries do not need to drain that low / isn't good for them. Just like they say fast food is bad for you -- but doesn't mean you're going to die instantly from eating it .
    01-15-2015 10:31 AM
    Ruk isn't saying it means 100% that your battery will die .. It is just known that these batteries do not need to drain that low / isn't good for them. Just like they say fast food is bad for you -- but doesn't mean you're going to die instantly from eating it .
    exactly my point
    01-15-2015 05:06 PM
    exactly my point
    It still isn't wrong for him tell people about a better way to condition it -- since it is actually better to do it the way he said. We are here to help people with the best knowledge we know / have available. People are always welcome to do things how they please .
    01-15-2015 05:08 PM
    It still isn't wrong for him tell people about a better way to condition it -- since it is actually better to do it the way he said. We are here to help people with the best knowledge we know / have available. People are always welcome to do things how they please .
    I'm sorry you feel that way... I never said it was wrong. I simply expressed my personal experience. I thought that was an acceptable thing to do.
    01-15-2015 05:20 PM
    I'm sorry you feel that way... I never said it was wrong. I simply expressed my personal experience. I thought that was an acceptable thing to do.
    It is 100% acceptable. I am just stating as to why he said what he said -- because it is true... but isn't a law .
    01-15-2015 05:26 PM