Hey folks,

Now that I've sort of fine tuned TW with:

- Disabling all animations (e.g. 0) under Drawing in Developer Mode
    - Force GPU Rendering in Developer Mode

I'm not getting any lags with TW, happy with it so far. Very smooth.

Battery life is good.

Is there still a need to use Nova (or any othet Launchers)? I used Nova back in Note 2.

What do i lose if i use other Launchers?

'OK Google' still works in TW without the Google widget on desktop.

I like the SPen and SPlanner so i don't want to lose any of their built in functiinalities. I think Samsung did a great job on these 2 apps.

Any functionalities or widgets that are specific to TW?

Cheers.
    12-30-2014 10:21 PM
    Ugliness?

I like the SPen and SPlanner so i don't want to lose any of their built in functiinalities.
    They work with Nova.

There shouldn't be. I don't mean I guess there aren't, I mean there should not be. A widget is an app. It should work on any launcher. (There may be some not visible in Widgets if you're not running TW, but that doesn't mean you can't install them in Nova.)

And if there are, a launcher isn't like a ROM, it's just an app. You don't like the way Nova works, clear the default on Nova, hit the home button, press TouchWiz and press Always and TW is your default launcher again, just the way it was set up when you switched to Nova.
    12-30-2014 10:44 PM
    Just the fact that I can add up to 6 apps on the home bar (not sure what it's called) and move the app drawer to the center is enough for me. Why Samsung doesn't let you do that on TW is strange (at least I couldn't find it in the settings). But Nova let's me customize size of apps and let's me have more with the same screen real-estate. I'm really happy with Nova.
    FullAuto67 and Harlemknight like this.
    12-31-2014 12:08 AM
    I tried another launcher when I first got my Note 4 (think it was Google Now, but I'm not sure) and I noticed a few widgets had vanished. I really like Samsung's stock clock and weather widget, but that was gone. Also, S Health widgets weren't working properly.

It's really a trade off. Try another launcher and if you see something is missing that you were using before, ask yourself if the new UI is worth having to download another app or widget to replace what you lost.

The S Pen is mightier than the S Sword.
    12-31-2014 09:50 AM
    I use Nova prime and am extremely Happy. If you are Happy with tw then stick to it. Personally, gestures and speed of light are the best features of NP to me.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    12-31-2014 02:40 PM
    The good news is that you don't have to live with the decision. As aforementioned, you can try something like Nova and see if you lose any functionality that the TW launcher brings. ...like...can you still minimize/resize apps by dragging down diagonally when not using TouchWiz? My Note 4 is not near me to try it but it was a cool feature the rep @ AT&T demo'd.

from the S5 💸
    12-31-2014 03:25 PM
    I personally like touchwiz. I've used nova prime. However, I always end up coming back home 😊

Amazing Verizon Galaxy Note 4
    12-31-2014 08:45 PM
    I personally like touchwiz. I've used nova prime. However, I always end up coming back home 😊

Why? What about TouchWiz calls you back?

from the IV✒
    12-31-2014 08:48 PM
    Why? What about TouchWiz calls you back?

from the IV✒
    In some weird way I like the layout of Touchwiz. I just like some of the gimmicks that samsung offers. Sometimes when I get bored I will use nova. I like switching back and forth.

12-31-2014 09:12 PM
    In some weird way I like the layout of Touchwiz. I just like some of the gimmicks that samsung offers. Sometimes when I get bored I will use nova. I like switching back and forth.

Aaah. When I get bored I switch between different icon themes/layouts. I even made one that looks like iOS.

from the IV✒
    12-31-2014 09:45 PM
    Hey folks,

Now that I've sort of fine tuned TW with:

- Disabling all animations (e.g. 0) under Drawing in Developer Mode
    - Force GPU Rendering in Developer Mode

I'm not getting any lags with TW, happy with it so far. Very smooth.

Battery life is good.

Is there still a need to use Nova (or any othet Launchers)? I used Nova back in Note 2.

'OK Google' still works in TW without the Google widget on desktop.

I like the SPen and SPlanner so i don't want to lose any of their built in functiinalities. I think Samsung did a great job on these 2 apps.

Cheers.
    You won't be able to pin action memos to the home screen with nova.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    12-31-2014 11:11 PM
    I backed up my Nova settings, so it will be very easy to re-install Nova and restore the backup to Note 4 in no time.
    01-01-2015 10:17 PM
    Rocking nova launcher because the only thing I do lose is facebook messenger app chat heads but all functions of being a note are there but I get my added lay out customization

i hate big phones thats why i got a.. (phablet)
    01-01-2015 11:21 PM