Ok, so after much deliberation, thinking, and obsessing no thanks to my OCD, I finally broke down after Christmas and treated myself to a new Note 4 to retire my unreliable and completely crappy Note 3. Its a HUGE difference in the camera, like, so freaking amazing different its not even funny and the battery life is so far an amazing difference as well. And damn, that screen!!

However, I'm concerned with my T-Mobile Vietnam made Note 4 that it wants to basically "reboot" itself out of the blue. I've had it lock up on text messages, trying to work with facebook or it just decides to do T-mobiles "dingle jingle" in my pocket. I've only installed a few apps and already tried doing a factory reset but it wants to still reboot itself every couple of days for now, but im really concerned with it getting worse after the 14 day return/exchange policy

Thoughts on this?
    12-31-2014 11:22 AM
    Anyone?
    12-31-2014 12:06 PM
    That's not normal at all. Definitely consider bringing it back for a replacement.
    I've never had this phone reboot on its own.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-31-2014 12:15 PM
    Mine has never rebooted in two months of use. Don't recall any lockup.
    Replace it ASAP.
    12-31-2014 12:24 PM
    When you are doing a factory reset do you allow automatic restore of your applications during setup?

If so try it without doing that. Don't install anything and just use basic functions for several hours. If it still reboots then take it back, if not then it's likely an application that is causing the reboots and you now have the task of figuring out which one.

Or.... Take it back and if the problem occurs on the replacement you know for sure it's one of your applications. Lol.
    12-31-2014 12:26 PM
    uuuuunggg, this sucks! I had to exchange my Note 3 THREE times earlier this year and now I have to do it all over again for the Note 4? i'm so sick of this, This might be my last Samsung phone.
    12-31-2014 12:37 PM
    uuuuunggg, this sucks! I had to exchange my Note 3 THREE times earlier this year and now I have to do it all over again for the Note 4? i'm so sick of this, This might be my last Samsung phone.
    I agree with Muzzy996 above. Try what he suggests, as I also think that it's an app that's causing this. (Especially because you've had this before on other phones!)
    12-31-2014 12:58 PM
    Do a factory data reset and don't install any apps and see if you are still having random reboots

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
    12-31-2014 01:06 PM
    My Note 4 rebooted a few times when I first got it and loaded up a bunch of apps. I didn't think nothing of it cause at the time there were a few threads on here that said if you load a bunch off apps at once it may reboot. How many apps have you loaded off the sd card? Are all of them compatable?

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    12-31-2014 01:23 PM
    My Note 4 rebooted a few times when I first got it and loaded up a bunch of apps. I didn't think nothing of it cause at the time there were a few threads on here that said if you load a bunch off apps at once it may reboot. How many apps have you loaded off the sd card? Are all of them compatable?

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

I'm not using an SD card anymore. I've only installed GSM battery, facebook, onebus , ES File explorer, speedtest, swiftkey, LED light and bank account software. Not running live wallpaper either. Using fingerprint unlock scanner
    12-31-2014 01:53 PM
    I agree with Muzzy996 above. Try what he suggests, as I also think that it's an app that's causing this. (Especially because you've had this before on other phones!)
    There were A LOT more hardware related issues with Note 3, mainly wifi droppage, LTE connection loss, premature screen dimming, crap battery life
    12-31-2014 01:54 PM
    I'm not using an SD card anymore. I've only installed GSM battery, facebook, onebus , ES File explorer, speedtest, swiftkey, LED light and bank account software. Not running live wallpaper either. Using fingerprint unlock scanner
    Very close to What's I started out with. Like others have said...14 days. See if it persist. If it does...day13 lower the boom! The live wallpaper I tried really caused seriously lag and battery drainage.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    12-31-2014 02:33 PM
    I remembered I shut down some apps that seemed useless to may and never use, especially KNOX. Wonder if that is what is pissing it off
    12-31-2014 04:14 PM
    I remembered I shut down some apps that seemed useless to may and never use, especially KNOX. Wonder if that is what is pissing it off
    Not sure if application disabling sticks after factory reset, does it or did you have to disable it again?

Sounds like a software issue is a distinct possibility.... Not that disabling Knox is the reason though but if you're doing that what else are you modifying that we don't know about?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    12-31-2014 04:34 PM
    Read this on Knox, might be pissing it off. http://www.infoworld.com/article/261...-security.html
    I don't know, I just Googled it.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    12-31-2014 04:46 PM
    Not sure if application disabling sticks after factory reset, does it or did you have to disable it again?

Sounds like a software issue is a distinct possibility.... Not that disabling Knox is the reason though but if you're doing that what else are you modifying that we don't know about?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    Thats it for the few days i've had it. I'm pretty sure factory reset sets all software to run again.
    12-31-2014 04:50 PM
    Ok, so after much deliberation, thinking, and obsessing no thanks to my OCD, I finally broke down after Christmas and treated myself to a new Note 4 to retire my unreliable and completely crappy Note 3. Its a HUGE difference in the camera, like, so freaking amazing different its not even funny and the battery life is so far an amazing difference as well. And damn, that screen!!

However, I'm concerned with my T-Mobile Vietnam made Note 4 that it wants to basically "reboot" itself out of the blue. I've had it lock up on text messages, trying to work with facebook or it just decides to do T-mobiles "dingle jingle" in my pocket. I've only installed a few apps and already tried doing a factory reset but it wants to still reboot itself every couple of days for now, but im really concerned with it getting worse after the 14 day return/exchange policy

Thoughts on this?
    That's one of the perks of touchwiz. But seriously it should not be doing that, try getting it replaced.
    01-01-2015 08:17 PM
    Knox is not a single app, but a whole collection of apps and architecture, some parts of which you can see and a slew of others that are hidden. If you disable one piece, you are likely making it angry. The only way to remove it completely is to root your phone and delete every piece.

Unfreeze it and see if it makes a difference.
    01-01-2015 08:29 PM
    Allright well, I've done a factory reset and partition cache wipe and not disabled any apps via the application menu this time. So far I haven't seen it reboot, but part of me wants to still just exchange it for a new one with only 7 days left
    01-02-2015 10:25 AM