Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Just switched from the s5!

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I just traded my AT&T Galaxy s5 for an unlocked T-Mobile Note 4. I've read as long as the IMEI #'s don't switch in AT&T's system, I shouldn't really have any problems. Is that true? I've used unlocked devices before on AT&T, but it has been a while. I just want to make sure I'm not going to run into any problems!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Just switched from the s5!

AT&T won't care as long as you keep paying the AT&T Next (if you did that) or keep your line under the contract obligations (if you signed a 2 year for the phone).

How did you get your S5?

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site

Welcome! Are you getting LTE with the Note? Gotta make sure it supports the LTE bands.

Posted via the Android Central App

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site

AT&T won't care as long as you keep paying the AT&T Next (if you did that) or keep your line under the contract obligations (if you signed a 2 year for the phone).

How did you get your S5?

I got my s5 under the Next program. And of course I plan on paying my bill lol. Once I get my work bonus actually, I plan on going in and paying off my Next balance.

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site

Welcome! Are you getting LTE with the Note? Gotta make sure it supports the LTE bands.

Yep, the guy actually popped in my SIM card and made sure my data (which was LTE) and everything else was working just fine. I haven't had any problems so far!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I got my s5 under the Next program. And of course I plan on paying my bill lol. Once I get my work bonus actually, I plan on going in and paying off my Next balance.

As long as you pay the Next bill (each month) or pay it off -- AT&T doesn't care which phone you use. No worries! :). I would do that as well .. Just pay the Next balance off and then be month to month without a care in the world :D.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
As long as you pay the Next bill (each month) or pay it off -- AT&T doesn't care which phone you use. No worries! :). I would do that as well .. Just pay the Next balance off and then be month to month without a care in the world :D.

I wanted to know this as well when I received my BlackBerry Passport to switch between that and my Note 3. I just bought my Note 3 in September and decided to pay off the Next 18 month plan 2 days after I received my Passport (Black Friday deal) . I had to buy a MicroSim to Nanosim adapter to switch between devices. Sure, I don't get LTE with my Note 3, but that doesn't bother me at all.

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

I wanted to know this as well when I received my BlackBerry Passport to switch between that and my Note 3. I just bought my Note 3 in September and decided to pay off the Next 18 month plan 2 days after I received my Passport (Black Friday deal) . I had to buy a MicroSim to Nanosim adapter to switch between devices. Sure, I don't get LTE with my Note 3, but that doesn't bother me at all.

Kinda of topic, but do you like the passport?

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site

My only problem so far is it seems like my SD card slot doesn't work. That was the 1 thing I didn't check before trading phones. Not that it's a huge deal since there is 32gb internally. But now that I'm thinking about it, who do I contact regarding the warranty? With at&t phones if I had a problem they would send me another phone as a courtesy 1 time replacement.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

Kinda of topic, but do you like the passport?

Yes I do. I'm an HTML Designer and use the phone to check the email templates I design for the Web version or mobile version with the wide screen. I love the Hub, the keyboard., battery life is Outstanding. It's my daily driver. Apps aren't a problem for me because I downloaded Snap and have access to the Android Apps plus Google Play Store.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site

My only problem so far is it seems like my SD card slot doesn't work. That was the 1 thing I didn't check before trading phones. Not that it's a huge deal since there is 32gb internally. But now that I'm thinking about it, who do I contact regarding the warranty? With at&t phones if I had a problem they would send me another phone as a courtesy 1 time replacement.

Have you tried a different SD card in it?

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site

That's what I plan on doing. I'm picking up a new one tomorrow just to be on the safe side. It worked just fine in my s5.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That's what I plan on doing. I'm picking up a new one tomorrow just to be on the safe side. It worked just fine in my s5.

Possibly try re-formating the SD card in a computer?

You said the note 4 was from tmobile? You may have to go through them, I don't think AT&T will want anything to do with warranty replacement.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown