Note 4 Weight

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
First, let me say that I LOVE my Note 4. It's a Beast.

A beast indeed. I switched from a Note 3 and one of the things I immediately noticed was the difference in weight. The Note 4 is heavy. It feels heavy (especially when using it one-handed). I note (pardon the pun) the weight whenever I use the phone. Is that little bit of aluminum (or aluminium, as John Ivy likes to put it) really adding that much weight?

Of course, it's just relative, it's not too heavy to use but it does make it less comfortable to hold to me and I find myself feeling relieved when I use my comparatively feather-lite S5.

Anyone else notice the Note 4's increased heft?

from the IV✒

Last edited:

adock22096

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
It's heavier than the iPhone 5 that I had before this. But in my mind the added heft makes it feel more premium than the feather light devices.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The Note 4 definitely feels premium. I don't like a device that's too light either. The iPhone 5/5s definitely feels better with a case to me...it's too light by itself.

from the IV✒

heathersimon

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I came from a Lumia 1020, which is both heavier and smaller than the Note. So, uh... No. I didn't notice any increased heft. :D

It feels "just right" to me for its size.

(Also: "Aluminium" is how those crazy Brits say it, and they think we're weird!)

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think I only noticed the weight because the Note 3 was notably lighter. The Note 4 is one solid phone and I'm very glad it doesn't feel cheap.

from the IV✒

ahutchga1972

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
This is the first Samsung phone that actually feels solid in my hand. My husband's previous Galaxies all felt cheap, like a Fisher-Price toddler toy. That's why my previous phone was an HTC M8: premium feel. I was pleasantly surprised by the Note 4.

Posted via the Android Central App

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Try strapping one of these on your backside, talk about Junk-in-the-Trunk!
Robot Check

I have one of those ZeroLemon batteries and 3 days without a charge is cool and carrying around a BRICK in your pocket gives you a lot of confidence when you find yourself in a sticky situation. :p Energy save mode could likely realistically give you a couple weeks battery time. It does double the weight of the phone.

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Ha of you think the Note 4 is heavy try holding a Blackberry Passport. I had one and it was a great device but a little to wide and heavy.

Posted via the Android Central App

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Heavy? That makes me chuckle a bit. Look at it this way. Now you don't have to go to the gym anymore. Save some bucks. But seriously, at least no one is complaining about build quality anymore (remember those plastic and fake stiching ).
The phone is only 4 grams heavier than the iPhone 6+ and about 8 grams lighter than the nexus 6. Seem to me like someone is trying so hard to find something to criticise

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Heavy? That makes me chuckle a bit. Look at it this way. Now you don't have to go to the gym anymore. Save some bucks. But seriously, at least no one is complaining about build quality anymore (remember those plastic and fake stiching ).
The phone is only 4 grams heavier than the iPhone 6+ and about 8 grams lighter than the nexus 6. Seem to me like someone is trying so hard to find something to criticise

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Not at all. The comparison is to the Note 3. The Note 4 feels heavier. My question was Why? Is it too heavy to use? Certainly not. Is it worth mentioning? Sure.

from the S5 🔋📱

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I definitely notice the extra weight, especially in a pocket or purse. I'm not one that's into the "premium feel" thing, so there's no benefit to the added weight for me.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
From a physics standpoint the Note 4 is more dense. Lots more stuff in a smaller volume.

Not at all. The comparison is to the Note 3. The Note 4 feels heavier. My question was Why? Is it too heavy to use? Certainly not. Is it worth mentioning? Sure.

from the S5 ????????????

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
From a physics standpoint the Note 4 is more dense. Lots more stuff in a smaller volume.

from the S5 🔋📱

garrymcd

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Hmm.... I came from the Lumia 920 and the first thing I said when I got the note 4 was " I can't believe how light this phone is ". Anyone who has held a 920 will understand...

kobe008

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I came from a Galaxy S3 and the first thing I noticed was how light the Note 4 felt. Then I put the battery in and the weight doubled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz