anyone else use No Lock app and doesn't work on Note 4?

ImmaGhost

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else have the No Lock app and it doesn't work on your Note 4? I used to have it on my Note 2 and it worked perfectly and is a must have app for me. When I installed it on my Note 4 I have the widget but when I tap it to disable the lock screen it doesn't do anything. Does anyone have a fix to this or have a similar problem? Please let me know I really wanna use this app again :/.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Had a look, but in application terms, this app is ancient. Last update was in 2011! We are at least 2 x OS Further in development. Why not simply select "none" as your lock screen option. It is available.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) This type of app doesn't work on some phones. I don't have a Note 4, but that may be one of the phones it doesn't work on.

2) Tasker, with the Secure Settings plugin can control the lock screen, and Tasker App Factory can turn a task into an app you can put on the homescreen (or probably run from the lockscreen). Tasker is $3, but considering what you can do with it, it's extremely cheap. (The plugins are free.) My screen is totally unlocked when I'm home - press the power button and I'm on the homescreen. When I leave home, it has a passworded lock screen, USB debugging is off, mobile data is on, etc., etc. All I have to do is drive down he block - Tasker does all the rest. (There's a learning curve, but it's much easier than learning to write Android apps. And I say this as someone who could write a Windows accounting package in his sleep. I still don't know the Android environment well enough to write Android apps, but I have a whole slew of Tasker apps.)

@Bosbaouer:
That's too simple. :)

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
1) This type of app doesn't work on some phones. I don't have a Note 4, but that may be one of the phones it doesn't work on.

2) Tasker, with the Secure Settings plugin can control the lock screen, and Tasker App Factory can turn a task into an app you can put on the homescreen (or probably run from the lockscreen). Tasker is $3, but considering what you can do with it, it's extremely cheap. (The plugins are free.) My screen is totally unlocked when I'm home - press the power button and I'm on the homescreen. When I leave home, it has a passworded lock screen, USB debugging is off, mobile data is on, etc., etc. All I have to do is drive down he block - Tasker does all the rest. (There's a learning curve, but it's much easier than learning to write Android apps. And I say this as someone who could write a Windows accounting package in his sleep. I still don't know the Android environment well enough to write Android apps, but I have a whole slew of Tasker apps.)

@Bosbaouer:
That's too simple. :)
yes you are correct! :D:;)

Last edited:

ImmaGhost

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Had a look, but in application terms, this app is ancient. Last update was in 2011! We are at least 2 x OS Further in development. Why not simply select "none" as your lock screen option. It is available.

Aw that's really dissapointing. I've been using this app for my note 2 forever and couldn't be without.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rarry

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Wait for lollipop and get a Motorola Keylink, that looks like the ideal lock/unlock solution.

Posted via the Android Central App

ImmaGhost

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
hahaha nice picture. No, I know how to turn off the lock screen but I want to be able to use a widget that enables/disables it on the go instead of going to the settings all the time to do so. I used to use No Lock for my Note 2 and it worked perfect. It doesn't seem to work with the Note 4 tho sadly :/

With "none" selected, the power button or the home button opens directly to the home screen. No going to settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21