Why am I being asked to enter my phone number for Alert Messages in the Samsung Security settings?

sissiromy

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Enter Phone Number for Alert Message in Samsung Security settings

I just got my Galaxy Note 4 and I am trying to set up Security in the Settings mode. I selected SIM Change Alert and it asks me to enter another phone number with country code. I am from the US, and I entered 1 in front of the number with area code, but it kept telling me "Enter Country Code" and won't let me save that number. Could someone help? Thanks! Sissi.

I have tried 01 and 001 and it appears to be taking the "001" for country code, but then the message box says "enter text message", (it was displaying "enter country code" before it appears to accept "001") but there is nowhere to enter the text. If someone can try this on their Note 4 I would really appreciate it.

Last edited:

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Enter Phone Number for Alert Message in Samsung Security settings

Have you tried "01"?
Good Luck!
Ron

Aqua009

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Enter Phone Number for Alert Message in Samsung Security settings

I think you have to enter a plus sign at the beginning. It will then let you save it even if you don't enter a country code; so I don't know if that is the answer. You can test it if you want. I don't feel like pulling off my Otter cover :cool:

(In the below examples I did not use spacing between the numbers. I only did it here to try and make it more clear)

I think it would be like this... +011 555 555 5555
But I did try entering just the seven digit phone number and it allowed me to without a country code OR an area code... +555 5555

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463