Note 4:  Lollipop Lollipop Oh Lolli Lollipop-tooupiu.jpg
    “Last I heard, S5’s are getting the most attention for the update and will be the first target for launch, followed by the Note 4 and Edge. After that, they are expecting the Note 3 and S4 to be the next wave, and then after that attention will turn to tablets,” he added, posting an image with Samsung’s email that states the updates will start in January.

Interestingly, the rep said Samsung might be putting some pressure on carriers to speed up the release of the update. “I don’t have information on carrier specific tweaks, other than Samsung is whipping carriers and getting directly involved to ship updates faster. It’s already had somewhat of an effect on the S5 and Note 4, so we shall see,” he said.

With the Lollipop update, Samsung might also further streamline its bloatware apps, according to the Samsung employee, and combine “lots of things” together. “Some features will be added though, but I promise they’re really awesome and non-intrusive if you choose to ignore them,” he said.
    MightyMike and adegbenroagoro like this.
    01-01-2015 07:07 PM
    01-01-2015 07:18 PM
    I haven't heard of a single model of phone that hasn't had problems with Lollipop, so if Samsung isn't too badly bothered, I'm going to wait at least a few months after the last fix to the last bug has been released before I turn my perfectly functioning phone into a box of bugs. What can I do with Lollipop that I can't do with KitKat? Oh, right, not have "Material Design". Get another 30 minutes of battery time. Major ... er, totally unimportant changes as far as I'm concerned. Unlock the darned AT&T bootloader and I'd accept a few bugs. (And flash a bug-free ROM before doing anything else.) But make it look pretty? Sorry, I'm left-brained. If it works and is rooted, I'm happy. If I can flash a newer kernel, I'd be happier still. The Chordettes can keep the Lollipop.
    01-01-2015 07:23 PM
    I am one of those kind of people that absolutely love change. Sometimes the change does not necessarily need to be for the good either.

Myers-Briggs INTP big time.
    01-01-2015 07:37 PM
    Hopefully the part about less bloatware is true. I'd love a Touchwiz that's cleaner and more efficient.
    01-01-2015 11:05 PM
    I wonder if it will impact my Gear VR?

I know it will impact the camera.
    01-01-2015 11:25 PM
    Normally I would be first in line, but with what I hear about the bugs, I think I can wait, my phone is currently working EXCELLENTLY, no need to bugger it up right away. I saw what happened with iOS8 to too many people to make the jump right away.
    01-02-2015 08:02 AM
    I haven't heard of a single model of phone that hasn't had problems with Lollipop, so if Samsung isn't too badly bothered, I'm going to wait at least a few months after the last fix to the last bug has been released before I turn my perfectly functioning phone into a box of bugs. What can I do with Lollipop that I can't do with KitKat? Oh, right, not have "Material Design". Get another 30 minutes of battery time. Major ... er, totally unimportant changes as far as I'm concerned. Unlock the darned AT&T bootloader and I'd accept a few bugs. (And flash a bug-free ROM before doing anything else.) But make it look pretty? Sorry, I'm left-brained. If it works and is rooted, I'm happy. If I can flash a newer kernel, I'd be happier still. The Chordettes can keep the Lollipop.
    Apparently one thing they are bringing back is the ability to write from apps to your SD card again which would be a big seller for some people, I also read a bit about what the release offers in terms of performance (something to do with developer writing, but can't remember it's early).
    01-02-2015 08:04 AM
    Apparently one thing they are bringing back is the ability to write from apps to your SD card again which would be a big seller for some people, I also read a bit about what the release offers in terms of performance (something to do with developer writing, but can't remember it's early).
    Performance improvements come with the ART runtime which is the default on Lollipop, replacing Dalvik. Though I can't say I really see a difference on my Nexus 7 which has 5.0.1.
    01-02-2015 09:07 AM
    Not sure what that really mean? (write from App to SD), I am currently able to move apps to SD, is that not it?

P.S. The feature I am waiting for the most is the trusted device thing for my car Bluetooth, I know there are apps out there that do the same thing, however most only work with one type of security(like pin) and some need root to be able to work with pattern lock, and as far as I know none work with Fingerprint scanner security.
    01-02-2015 09:52 AM
    Just hoping it does not kill FoxFi
    01-02-2015 10:18 AM
    How do we get it...will it be OTA?

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-02-2015 05:01 PM
    How do we get it...will it be OTA?

Yes of course. At least if your carrier release it.

01-02-2015 06:32 PM
    I also am able to put all my apps on sd card. Every time I install a new app screen pops up to ask me if I would like to move it to sd card.

NOTE 4,, GO BIG OR GO HOME!
    01-03-2015 06:42 PM
    Lollipop - sure....meantime my Note 3 is still on 4.4.2...with no update in sight. I'll believe lollipooop on my Note 4 when I see it...
    01-03-2015 07:14 PM
    Lollipop - sure....meantime my Note 3 is still on 4.4.2...with no update in sight. I'll believe lollipooop on my Note 4 when I see it...
    My VZW N4 is on 4.4.4
    01-03-2015 07:19 PM
    Not sure what that really mean? (write from App to SD), I am currently able to move apps to SD, is that not it?
    With KitKit they took away the ability of just any app to generally write to external SD. As in, cloud storage can't sync to SD. Only system programs can write to the SD card. I lost the ability to backup and sync a lot of things when they did that.
    Nitro211K likes this.
    01-03-2015 09:49 PM
    My VZW N4 is on 4.4.4
    Note 4 was released with 4.4.4 for all carriers...if you reread my post that you quoted, you'll see I was referring to my Note 3!
    01-04-2015 09:23 PM