Anyone have Google music? Is it a subscription based service with multiple users like Rhapsody or do you purchase individual songs?

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    01-01-2015 09:39 PM
    I have it and you can purchase albums and songs, but you can download it to your phone also. It's 10 bucks a month, and I also have Rdio, which I'm going to get rid of now that I have Google play.

Galaxy Note 4
    Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
    Galaxy Tab 2
    Galaxy Gear S/ Gear 1 Tizen
    Galaxy Circle
    01-01-2015 10:03 PM
    I have it. Absolutely love it. No reason to purchase music anymore. I can download whatever I want whenever I want. Makes buying music (outside of paying for the subscription) pointless.

-Shawn
    Noting the world one S-Pen at a time.
    01-01-2015 10:08 PM
    I have Rhapsody, but got an offer for 60 days free Google music. Do you have an idea of how many devices you can have for $10 or $10 for one device?

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    01-01-2015 10:17 PM
    Oh...and thank you!

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    01-01-2015 10:17 PM
    I have Rhapsody, but got an offer for 60 days free Google music. Do you have an idea of how many devices you can have for $10 or $10 for one device?

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    I love Google Play Music. It has, BY FAR, more of the stuff I listen to than the other services I've checked out (except Spotify). I got in when it was new, so I'm locked into the $7.99/month pricing.

I also find the "radio" stations and variety to be better...less repetition than the others.

To be fair, I've never tried Rdio, but I have tried Milk and Amazon, and both their libraries are pitiful.

When just playing random stuff, the variety blows away Pandora and iHeartRadio.

I think you can't go wrong with a free 60-day trial. Check it out and use the crap out of it. If it's not for you, cancel it.
    01-01-2015 10:31 PM

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    Oh...and I'm not sure what the actual device limit is, but I think it's in the neighborhood of 10. I've had it on five with no trouble at all (but keep in mind that you can only deauthorize four devices a year, so don't be in a hurry to fill your quota.
    01-01-2015 10:34 PM
    Oh...and I'm not sure what the actual device limit is, but I think it's in the neighborhood of 10. I've had it on five with no trouble at all (but keep in mind that you can only deauthorize four devices a year, so don't be in a hurry to fill your quota.
    10? Even half that I would be Happy Happy...I have 3 and a laptop + 1 device with Rhapsody. Heck, we have 2 Rhapsody accounts cause my son got left out So he got the single deal...but that's still $21 a month. I would never have to deauthorize! Lol

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    01-01-2015 10:50 PM
    ...When just playing random stuff, the variety blows away Pandora and iHeartRadio.

I think you can't go wrong with a free 60-day trial. Check it out and use the crap out of it. If it's not for you, cancel it.
    I hate Pandora but I have a friend that loves it. I think you are correct...can't go wrong. Thanks folks!

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    01-01-2015 10:57 PM
    Yes...10 devices! just signed up. I have something to do tomorrow!

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    KreepyKen likes this.
    01-01-2015 11:17 PM
    Yes...10 devices! just signed up. I have something to do tomorrow!

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    To clarify, while any mobile device associated with the all access account can pin a playlist for offline playback, I believe that there is a one device limit on streaming from the cloud. So if one device is playing unpinned music and another device attempts to do the same then the first may get booted off (music playback stops). Pinning is great though, saves bandwidth when away from wifi and helps as a way around the limitations of multiple streams.

Of course since music isn't purchased outright you can't download the songs as MP3 files.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    01-02-2015 02:15 AM
    To clarify, while any mobile device associated with the all access account can pin a playlist for offline playback, I believe that there is a one device limit on streaming from the cloud. So if one device is playing unpinned music and another device attempts to do the same then the first may get booted off (music playback stops). Pinning is great though, saves bandwidth when away from wifi and helps as a way around the limitations of multiple streams.

Of course since music isn't purchased outright you can't download the songs as MP3 files.

Yeah...I read that. Since it's 60 day trial I'm gonna have everyone pin and stream like crazy to see if it works for us or Not. Rhapsody can only have one stream So we all just downloaded to our phones. I hope this works the same.

The biggest problem I have had So far is actually adding devices. There doesn't seem to be a straight forward "add device" that actually adds a device. I was in process of making sure app was up to date just to see if something was missing.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    01-02-2015 02:25 AM
    I love Google Music. I also got it in beta so locked in at the $7.99 a month price. To me it's the same as Spotify. .
    01-02-2015 09:51 AM
    Yeah...I read that. Since it's 60 day trial I'm gonna have everyone pin and stream like crazy to see if it works for us or Not. Rhapsody can only have one stream So we all just downloaded to our phones. I hope this works the same.

The biggest problem I have had So far is actually adding devices. There doesn't seem to be a straight forward "add device" that actually adds a device. I was in process of making sure app was up to date just to see if something was missing.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    Devices are added through your login credentials. When you log into your Google account and open Play Music, that device is automatically added to your account. Or for a computer, visit the Play Music site and log in, and that computer is added.

If someone else is logged into a device under their own Google account, they have no access to your Music account, and that device isn't authorized.

To put it another way, if you want to share your Play Music account with someone else, they need to be logged in as you, not themselves. Which means they would be logged in to your gmail, Google+, etc.
    01-02-2015 11:25 AM
    Devices are added through your login credentials. When you log into your Google account and open Play Music, that device is automatically added to your account. Or for a computer, visit the Play Music site and log in, and that computer is added.

If someone else is logged into a device under their own Google account, they have no access to your Music account, and that device isn't authorized.

To put it another way, if you want to share your Play Music account with someone else, they need to be logged in as you, not themselves. Which means they would be logged in to your gmail, Google+, etc.
    Hmmm....this is Not good. My little girl can't be in my Google+ or play store account. Lol...who knows What she would see or download. Can they sync your contacts? That's Not good. So basically 1 account = 1 user... and 1 user can have 10 devices?

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    01-02-2015 12:21 PM
    Hmmm....this is Not good. My little girl can't be in my Google+ or play store account. Lol...who knows What she would see or download. Can they sync your contacts? That's Not good. So basically 1 account = 1 user... and 1 user can have 10 devices?

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    Yup.

My wife has a couple of iOS devices so sharing works fine for me since she only needs my password for play music. That leaves me with 8 more activations for my devices.

My son is on Android so he has his own account.

sforsyth01 and MightyMike like this.
    01-02-2015 12:53 PM

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    Yep. That pretty much sums it up.
    01-02-2015 05:11 PM
    I use Spotify. It works perfectly and I can use it on any platform. I'm not sure if Google Music has any advantages over Spotify.
    01-02-2015 05:54 PM
    I use Spotify. It works perfectly and I can use it on any platform. I'm not sure if Google Music has any advantages over Spotify.
    Can't stream on multiple devices at the same time on Spotify. You can do that with Google Music All Access.

-Shawn
    GSOgymrat likes this.
    01-02-2015 07:42 PM
    Can't stream on multiple devices at the same time on Spotify. You can do that with Google Music All Access.

-Shawn
    To clarify, I don't think you can STREAM on multiple devices at the same time. You can play saved/pinned music on multiple devices at the same time though.

Posted via the Android Central App
    MightyMike likes this.
    01-03-2015 01:39 PM
    We're sharing one all access subscription among 3 people. As long as you trust them you can go into your account settings and disable all of the other Google services (mail, contacts, G+, etc) - just need to leave Play active.

Works fine on my wife's phone, but my daughter's keeps re-enabling to all the other Google services - which she doesn't want either.

MightyMike likes this.
    01-03-2015 01:44 PM
    To clarify, I don't think you can STREAM on multiple devices at the same time. You can play saved/pinned music on multiple devices at the same time though.

Incorrect. I have STREAMED on both my ipad and Galaxy Note 4 at the same time. Just checked now to be sure and it worked.

-Shawn
    torana355 and MightyMike like this.
    01-03-2015 06:50 PM
    As long as we can play saved music I am good with that.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    01-03-2015 06:58 PM
    To me there isn't really huge differences. I like Google Music since you can use your google account which I'm always logged into. Also I like how you can upload your own music if you want and stream that .. But anyone can do that (non all access subscribers).

There really is no advantage for Spotify or Google.
    01-03-2015 07:36 PM
    I've recently re-subscribed to google music all access, having used spotify for years, and I think i'll be stopping my spotify premium subscription.

I like the way google music suggests radio stations for you, it works easier with my sonos system, and you now get access to youtube music key with it. I also tend to find it streams better on mobile networks for me.
    01-04-2015 05:22 AM