Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Launcher Question

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Good morning and Happy New Year to everyone. I've got a question regarding replacement launchers for the N4.

Coming from an iPhone, it was nice to be able to change up the look of my new N4 with different launchers. I've been using the free version of Nova for a bit and find that it seems to run a bit smoother on my phone than both TW and Go Launcher EX. One thing I like about the Go Launcher, though, is the level of customization it offers (I'm using the free version of each to compare before buying the full version).

My question is, does Nova Prime offer a good bit more customization than the free version? Also, is there a different launcher out there that runs as smooth as Nova but offers the customization of Go EX? Something, for instance, that will allow a month-view widget (with the individual calendar items showing) of the stock calendar like TW (Go and Nova do not, at least that I've found, so I have to use Jorte).

Thanks for your help.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Good morning and Happy New Year to everyone....

My question is, does Nova Prime offer a good bit more customization than the free version? Also, is there a different launcher out there that runs as smooth as Nova but offers the customization of Go EX? Something, for instance, that will allow a month-view widget (with the individual calendar items showing) of the stock calendar like TW (Go and Nova do not, at least that I've found, so I have to use Jorte).

Thanks for your help.

Happy New Year to you! I have used the free and paid versions of both GoEx and Nova. I like Nova Prime best. Personally I think the gestures in Nova Prime make it well worth the $4. I don't use a calendar widget because with gestures the calendar is on my home screen with a simple pinch of the screen. I use Business calendar pro as my calendar. It comes with Widgets but I don't use them.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

heathersimon

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: Launcher Question

Happy New Year to you! I have used the free and paid versions of both GoEx and Nova. I like Nova Prime best. Personally I think the gestures in Nova Prime make it well worth the $4. I don't use a calendar widget because with gestures the calendar is on my home screen with a simple pinch of the screen. I use Business calendar pro as my calendar. It comes with Widgets but I don't use them.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Does the Business Calendar Pro give you a heads-up on upcoming meetings? I often find that with the default 15-minute reminder I have a tendency to miss meetings, especially early-morning ones or last-minute additions. I miss that the most about my Windows Phone; the Glance and lock screens helped me not blow off meetings.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

Does the Business Calendar Pro give you a heads-up on upcoming meetings? I often find that with the default 15-minute reminder I have a tendency to miss meetings, especially early-morning ones or last-minute additions. I miss that the most about my Windows Phone; the Glance and lock screens helped me not blow off meetings.

Sorry I missed this earlier. Yes. You can set it to notify you via pop-up , email or standard notifications...and I think text...I usually do the email. And as always you can repeat endlessly with the intervals you like.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

What iPhone did you have?

Posted via the Android Central App
iPhone 5. Loved that phone but really wanted what the N4 offered. Really digging the N4, too. I'm not really all that brand-loyal. Whichever phone manufacturer offers the best phone FOR ME is who I'll go with.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy