07-20-2017 11:24 PM
282 ... 89101112
tools
    Dangit, sorry new to the forum. Adding the Stopwatch & Timer app. I'm not rooted so, this is the best alternative for me. I'm only listening to my music a few hours at a time but it worked. Once you load the app, I do a soft reset and run the timer for a couple of hours, and boom....no more skipping.
    02-03-2016 10:44 AM
    Dangit, sorry new to the forum. Adding the Stopwatch & Timer app. I'm not rooted so, this is the best alternative for me. I'm only listening to my music a few hours at a time but it worked. Once you load the app, I do a soft reset and run the timer for a couple of hours, and boom....no more skipping.
    Be interested to hear if this continues to work for you - it didn't for the user who posted the workaround:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post4434893
    02-03-2016 11:02 AM
    Well, I haven't had time to go through all of the posts. What I can tell you is that my skipping occurred right after the display would go to sleep. When I first used the Stopwatch & Timer App, it didn't work. So, I did the soft reset and it hasn't skipped yet. I'll respond back if it skips but so far it has been great. I can also keep wifi, bluetooth, and GPS on so far. I also set my settings as one user mentioned earlier in the posts. Sound and notification - While locked - do not show notifications. Developer Options - prevent USB audio routing. There may have been one more but I can't remember. It's early in the posts. I'm using a Note 4 Edge.
    02-03-2016 11:37 AM
    Here is my update. It lasted one day, lol. Since then, it has actually skipped more than before. Garbage. Such a fundamental thing and android or whatever, Samsung can't get it right. So, annoying.
    02-05-2016 04:10 PM
    Update, I did a soft reset and the skips went away. I also quit apps in my apps manager that I thought weren't necessary. Annoying but it worked. Still ran the Stopwatch app.
    02-05-2016 04:54 PM
    Here is my update. It lasted one day, lol. Since then, it has actually skipped more than before. Garbage. Such a fundamental thing and android or whatever, Samsung can't get it right. So, annoying.
    Wow - at least the originator got 3 days before it started skipping again.
    02-05-2016 05:56 PM
    Well my 'solution' to this involved getting rid of the note 4 and getting the LG v10 instead. There are no skips or stuttering and the sound quality is also a lot better over bluetooth. If you can do without the s pen, i'd thoroughly recommend this phone over the note 4. The camera is far better, and there are some nice features, such as the second screen.
    I loved the note series but I'm fed up with samsung either removing features, or failing to address such a basic feature as this.
    02-11-2016 12:53 PM
    Yup. The skipping is coming back for be too. Sometimes bad, sometimes rare. Better get MM and it better fix this garbage. Unacceptable for a flagship phone from the #1 phone maker in the world
    02-20-2016 10:11 PM
    Yup. The skipping is coming back for be too. Sometimes bad, sometimes rare. Better get MM and it better fix this garbage. Unacceptable for a flagship phone from the #1 phone maker in the world
    By skipping, do you mean that the sound cuts out for a brief second or so?

If so, i only noticed that when i use Google Play Music. But when I'm watching Google Play Movies, Youtube or Pocketcast, i don't have any problems.
    02-24-2016 09:50 AM
    I have tried everything and it still skips for me. I absolutely LOVE my Note 4. So much so that I didn't feel my usual draw to upgrade to the Note 5 (will wait on the 6). This is my only beef with the phone....and it's a big one. I listen to music and podcasts a lot. Very very annoying.
    02-24-2016 09:58 AM
    By skipping, do you mean that the sound cuts out for a brief second or so?

If so, i only noticed that when i use Google Play Music. But when I'm watching Google Play Movies, Youtube or Pocketcast, i don't have any problems.
    The skipping I get is when playing music through any music playback app while listening with any of my Bluetooth earbuds - about once a minute, the sound cuts out for a brief moment (about a second). As I noted earlier, if I force the screen to remain on I do not get any skips (which is why you don't get it when viewing a video).
    02-24-2016 10:04 AM
    The skipping I get is when playing music through any music playback app while listening with any of my Bluetooth earbuds - about once a minute, the sound cuts out for a brief moment (about a second). As I noted earlier, if I force the screen to remain on I do not get any skips (which is why you don't get it when viewing a video).
    I understand. I'm listen thru bluetooth everyday and the occasional skipping happens only with Google Music. When i listen to Pocketcast, i do have the screen turned off. I'm using the LG HBS 750 bluetooth headset. I don't know if different headsets has a factor.
    02-24-2016 10:22 AM
    I understand. I'm listen thru bluetooth everyday and the occasional skipping happens only with Google Music. When i listen to Pocketcast, i do have the screen turned off. I'm using the LG HBS 750 bluetooth headset. I don't know if different headsets has a factor.
    I see the problem with a LG HBS 730 headset, JayBird BlueBuds X Sport earbuds, and 4 versions of TaoTronics and Cootree earbuds.
    02-24-2016 10:29 AM
    I've experienced the skipping, but it hasn't been that bad at all for me. Pretty rare, actually.

What does bother me are incoming notifications interrupting my music. I turn notification volume off when listening to music, but whenever I receive a notification, there's still a very brief interruption in my music. Anyone know how to fix that?
    02-25-2016 10:25 AM
    I just bought a used 2012 VW Tiguan. My wife has a Samsung S5 (5.1). Works fine with no playback issues on Spotify. My LG G4 (6.0) has consistent dropout issues when playing Spotify (even from local tracks, so not cellular connection). I've tried all kinds of settings. Nothing seems to address the problem. Bummed out because I was planning on getting rid of Sirius/XM.

Reading back thru the old messages, I found that some people had issues with music on external storage. That reminded me that I was streaming on my wife's phone, but on my phone I had downloaded the exact same playlist. I'm going to see if local v. streaming makes any difference. Anyone else notice this with Spotify?
    03-01-2016 04:15 PM
    Check this out
    Review of some high-end bluetooth headphones Bose AE2. The Guy wrtites:

Like most Bluetooth headphones, these have a range of about 30 feet, and they will cut out from time to time due to interference (Bluetooth signals actually don't pass through the human body as well as you'd think),
    So it would mean we shouldnt blaim, per se, android or any device with it on board, right ?
    03-05-2016 11:30 AM
    Check this out
    Review of some high-end bluetooth headphones Bose AE2. The Guy wrtites:

Like most Bluetooth headphones, these have a range of about 30 feet, and they will cut out from time to time due to interference (Bluetooth signals actually don't pass through the human body as well as you'd think),
    So it would mean we shouldnt blaim, per se, android or any device with it on board, right ?
    I use Bluetooth headphones and earbuds with other devices and never have a dropout. If I leave the screen on on my Note 4 when using Bluetooth I don't have any dropouts. Screen off - dropouts occur regularly. So I blame the device.
    03-06-2016 11:25 AM
    Well i must say now i remember that years back on my LG G2 running KK 4.4.2 had same situation like you. Screen off dropouts, screen ON + tweaked cpu/gpu min everything fine.
    Lets see how will behave my Ipod Touch 6gen which i ordered today. Really curious if changing operating system completely will affect somehow those annoying dropouts
    03-06-2016 01:23 PM
    Well i must say now i remember that years back on my LG G2 running KK 4.4.2 had same situation like you. Screen off dropouts, screen ON + tweaked cpu/gpu min everything fine.
    Lets see how will behave my Ipod Touch 6gen which i ordered today. Really curious if changing operating system completely will affect somehow those annoying dropouts
    Never ran into skipping on my Android Nexus 7's (2012 & 2013 models) running early Android versions through currently 6.0.1 (Marshmallow), my Asus TF700t tablet, my iPad Air 2, 2 different plug-in Bluetooth transmitters, or on my old Galaxy S III - it's been unique to the Note 4 for me.
    03-06-2016 01:34 PM
    Nope. Still garbage. I can make it skip on cue by pushing the phone against my leg with moderate pressure. Pretty sure it's related to whatever kind of G sensor the phone has. Just not sure if it's hardware or something in the software that causes this when it senses a certain amount of Gs. Regardless, it's unacceptable
    03-12-2016 11:00 PM
    Nope. Still garbage. I can make it skip on cue by pushing the phone against my leg with moderate pressure. Pretty sure it's related to whatever kind of G sensor the phone has. Just not sure if it's hardware or something in the software that causes this when it senses a certain amount of Gs. Regardless, it's unacceptable
    I get the skipping even when the phone is totally stationary (just leaving it laying on the table while listening).
    03-13-2016 06:11 AM
    It went away for a while but is back. I don't even need to use Bluetooth. Just streaming tunein for instance, through the phone speaker, sitting on the table. At various intervals, a spit, sputter and skip.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-13-2016 06:50 AM
    I have an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 5C and they run bluetooth smooth as butter. I have a Note 2 that stutters like crazy no matter what I do, using the same bluetooth headphones as with the iPhone. It's definitely an Android problem as you can see posters here posting problems with all the Samsung phones as well as LG and HTC phones.
    04-10-2016 07:48 PM
    Found a solution to this issue. A previous user comment that they thought the "skipping" would occur when the screen is shut off and the CPU slows down. I can confirm this. Here's the solution I used, but your phone must have root access.

Issue: CPU slows down too much when screen off, so Bluetooth headphones create a skipping sound when listening to music for example.

Solution:
    0. Pre-work: Phone must be rooted.
    1. Download a CPU Controller App (e.g. No-frills CPU Control).
    2. Open app and give it Super User Access. (Super User Access is a kind of access that can be provided to apps when your phone is rooted).
    3. Change the Minimum Clock Frequency or the minimum MHz the phone can go to. The idea here is that if the phone drops to a low MHz when the screen is off, by increasing the minimum MHz the phone has, then you can find a MHz level that will allow the headphones to stop skipping, while the phone screen is off. I had to change my default settings from 300MHz in the app to 883 MHz to stop the headphones from skipping. I did this through trial and error, by increasing the minimum MHz until the skipping stopped.
    4. If you find this works, then you might want to look for a setting that also lets this app start and apply these settings every time you boot up your phone.

Note: Rooting can be a difficult process. It takes time, and you need to educator yourself on how to do it properly. But it allows you to be able to apply fixes such as this, pretty easily.
    04-15-2016 10:14 AM
    Found a solution to this issue. A previous user comment that they thought the "skipping" would occur when the screen is shut off and the CPU slows down. I can confirm this. Here's the solution I used, but your phone must have root access.

Issue: CPU slows down too much when screen off, so Bluetooth headphones create a skipping sound when listening to music for example.

Solution:
    0. Pre-work: Phone must be rooted.
    1. Download a CPU Controller App (e.g. No-frills CPU Control).
    2. Open app and give it Super User Access. (Super User Access is a kind of access that can be provided to apps when your phone is rooted).
    3. Change the Minimum Clock Frequency or the minimum MHz the phone can go to. The idea here is that if the phone drops to a low MHz when the screen is off, by increasing the minimum MHz the phone has, then you can find a MHz level that will allow the headphones to stop skipping, while the phone screen is off. I had to change my default settings from 300MHz in the app to 883 MHz to stop the headphones from skipping. I did this through trial and error, by increasing the minimum MHz until the skipping stopped.
    4. If you find this works, then you might want to look for a setting that also lets this app start and apply these settings every time you boot up your phone.

Note: Rooting can be a difficult process. It takes time, and you need to educator yourself on how to do it properly. But it allows you to be able to apply fixes such as this, pretty easily.
    Yes, this would do it. Unfortunately, rooting voids your warranty.
    04-15-2016 10:24 AM
282 ... 89101112