07-21-2017 12:24 AM
282 ... 101112
tools
    I seem to have found the solution. It is a combination of two apps, Keep Screen On (Open App Info) and Music Player Pro (Zentertain). The player is special anyway, it takes control over the lockscreen, and the other app probably disables the CPU clock or whatever, I am not an expert. You need to activate the screen on option for the player. Both apps are free. You do not need to actually keep the screen on, that's the funny thing.
    02-25-2017 11:43 PM
    Android Nougat has brought about enhanced power saving, making the Doze feature first seen in Android Marshmallow even better... However this can have adverse affects; especially if using apps with the screen off or in the background such as Spotify.

You can customise which apps are affected by this doze feature by following the steps below:

1. Open the Settings app on your phone (Pull down the notifications shade, and tap the gear in the upper right corner, or find “Settings” in the App Drawer.)
    2. Tap Battery.
    3. Tap the menu button and choose “Battery optimization.”
    4. Tap the dropdown menu at the top of the screen and select “All apps.”
    5. Scroll down to Spotify - tap it and select "Don't Optimize"

Now Spotify will not be controlled by the Android system's power saving enabling it to run in the background.
    03-15-2017 02:39 PM
    Hello, I've been tracking original bug report on google forum for years now (participating quite few times too) and today I've read this whole topic that I googled and at the end also signed-in to share my thoughts.
    I have Note 4, but it was happening with other brands I briefly had either (LG, Xperia, other Samsungs).
    First of all: it is true that only thing that helps is keeping screen on. Which is strange, since then locking CPU on higher frequency should do the same, but apparently is not.
    I've tried every existing proposed solutions: apps in background, setting CPU higher, many different audio players, streaming music, playing music from internal or external memory, different equipment (headphones, speakers), editing blob, turn off battery optimization for my apps - didn't help. I went even further to check software side - I flashed every big exising rom and every kernel I have found on xda, I've flashed many different radios. I would say alltogether I did more than 100 flashes. I also tried totally stock android 5 and 6. No changes, nothing helps.

There are mixed atleast two different kind of problems that we are having here (which is bad for troubleshooting).
    One is plain electromagnetic interference - music skipps rather frequently ex. when in the city with huge numbers of hotspots and gsm/lte beacons or when phone radios are covered and your head with headphones is in rather unlucky position. Here, I believe can help us only a better technology. New bluetooth standards, which are optimized for such electromagnetic polluted environment. I did tests with hardware equipped with up to bluetooth 4.1 on both sides. And after having a look on bt changelogs I believe it could be fixed with it's 4.2 iteration. Someone should test it. I will too, but maybe in months from now (will be getting Bang & Olufsen H9, while phone decision still being open).

Second problem - more subtle, but this is the main one - those music micro stuttering/skipps appearing every minute or few. And this is happening with music played through external DAC (Digital to Analog Audio Converter) too, not only bluetooth (!), as confirmed by our colleague few posts earlier. It exists in android 4.4.4 through 5.X, 6.X to 7.1.2 as I tested. Not having older or newer for my Note 4.
    In both cases (DAC and BT) music is being decoded by android daemon and sended in digital form to DAC (let it be build-in to headphones or the external one). In my opinion it's there where it gets compromised - while decoding by android. And it's not something from the outside (all radios are off in plane mode). Maybe some libraries that kernel is using are conflicting with it, maybe CPU doing some faulty work while counting. I am no engineer, nor low-end programmer.

My two cents.
    Sorry for my bad english, it is my third language.
    05-25-2017 04:08 PM
    I have had a note 4 since they came out, the same one. AT&T version and it has always had a skip during BT playback no matter what BT device i am using. Every version of the OS since the beginning. I think it's safe to say the note 4 has a hardware BT problem that's too old to fix. I;m not worring about it, I just keep playing it anyway till I get a new Google phone. No more Samsung.
    05-27-2017 06:15 PM
    I have had a note 4 since they came out, the same one. AT&T version and it has always had a skip during BT playback no matter what BT device i am using. Every version of the OS since the beginning. I think it's safe to say the note 4 has a hardware BT problem that's too old to fix. I;m not worring about it, I just keep playing it anyway till I get a new Google phone. No more Samsung.
    As I mentioned earlier, I don't see this issue on my S7 Edge.
    05-27-2017 06:48 PM
    Android Nougat has brought about enhanced power saving, making the Doze feature first seen in Android Marshmallow even better... However this can have adverse affects; especially if using apps with the screen off or in the background such as Spotify.

You can customise which apps are affected by this doze feature by following the steps below:

1. Open the Settings app on your phone (Pull down the notifications shade, and tap the gear in the upper right corner, or find “Settings” in the App Drawer.)
    2. Tap Battery.
    3. Tap the menu button and choose “Battery optimization.”
    4. Tap the dropdown menu at the top of the screen and select “All apps.”
    5. Scroll down to Spotify - tap it and select "Don't Optimize"

Now Spotify will not be controlled by the Android system's power saving enabling it to run in the background.
    To ALL. I have a Note 4 SM-N910F. Unlocked and rooted. I have read page after page. I do understand many have tried different methods.

Some claim it worked, others claim it didnt work. What worked for me was simply doing what someone suggested earlier in this thread.
    TURN OFF MY WIFI. All through my testing of solutions, the one thing I failed to do, was turn off my wifi.

Once I turned off WIFI, I played music through my Motorola H19txt bluetooth, and my Powerbeats 2 headset. Both played flawlessly. I got up and walked about 15 ft away. Still connected, playing flawlessly. No disconnects or skips.

Ok so I decided to turn my wifi back on. Immediately it went back to skipping, and when using the Powerbeats headset, the BT device would disconnect and reconnect, then disconnect. It keep cycling off and on.

So that convinced me that when WIFI is enabled, it takes away from the bluetooth capability. So until I find a way to have both wifi and bluetooth on at the same time, I know my wifi has to be off while using bluetooth. That means not being able to stream anything or surf the internet while using bluetooth.
    07-21-2017 12:20 AM
    I am on Lollipop 5.0.1 When I was using KitKat 4.4.2 never had a problem with bluetooth and wifi both in use.
    07-21-2017 12:24 AM
282 ... 101112