07-20-2017 11:24 PM
282 12345 ...
tools
    As noted above, I opened a bug report with Google on this:

https://code.google.com/p/android/is...Stars&id=95294

It is still marked "new" and priority is "Small". I'd encourage people to add their experience to see if it gets any traction.
    hotzeug and Soreloser like this.
    04-06-2015 11:18 AM
    As noted above, I opened a bug report with Google on this:

https://code.google.com/p/android/is...Stars&id=95294

It is still marked "new" and priority is "Small". I'd encourage people to add their experience to see if it gets any traction.
    Thanks. I knew you started the bug report, but had failed to notice that I needed to help share my experience to promote it.
    04-06-2015 12:05 PM
    Yes, this the most irritating problem. It's a little thing that will eventually make me buy an iphone cause smooth playing music while exercising or driving is so important... I've got this beast that can't play a tune smoothly... so frustrating.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-06-2015 12:17 PM
    Really unfortunate for Verizon users as the fact that there is a work around and that the issue isn't prevalent on all carrier variants points to a kernel issue. If only bootloaders on the other variants weren't locked people could at least install other kernels in an attempt to increase minimum cpu frequency while screen is off to try to combat the issue. Agree with sparksd that more people need to complain about it to elevate the issue.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    04-06-2015 01:57 PM
    Really unfortunate for Verizon users as the fact that there is a work around and that the issue isn't prevalent on all carrier variants points to a kernel issue. If only bootloaders on the other variants weren't locked people could at least install other kernels in an attempt to increase minimum cpu frequency while screen is off to try to combat the issue. Agree with sparksd that more people need to complain about it to elevate the issue.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    I am on Sprint.
    04-06-2015 02:51 PM
    Ah. T-mobile device here on AT&T running a custom rom with stock kernel. No Bluetooth streaming issues whatsoever.
    04-06-2015 04:55 PM
    Tried a few things I've read like leaving the bluetooth on visible and such but no such luck with the Note 4. I'm trying to decide what to do. I just picked it up over my Nexus 5 and am wondering if I should go to the Nexus 6 but I don't want to give up my good camera on the Note 4 even though Streaming and gps are the two most important things I look for in a phone. I just feel like having to leave the screen on for hours would be detrimental to the phone over time. Has anyone tried another copy of the phone(returning the first one and getting another note 4?) Did that work out?

It was a bit better today when I navigated to the point it didn't bother me but without navigation it's really skippy. Every 20 seconds or so. I did try my mom's S5 and it didn't skip as much but it was skipping at least once a song I'd say. Funny cause the Nexus 5 was fine.

I'm using Lollipop.
    04-07-2015 09:12 PM
    Tried a few things I've read like leaving the bluetooth on visible and such but no such luck with the Note 4. I'm trying to decide what to do. I just picked it up over my Nexus 5 and am wondering if I should go to the Nexus 6 but I don't want to give up my good camera on the Note 4 even though Streaming and gps are the two most important things I look for in a phone. I just feel like having to leave the screen on for hours would be detrimental to the phone over time. Has anyone tried another copy of the phone(returning the first one and getting another note 4?) Did that work out?

It was a bit better today when I navigated to the point it didn't bother me but without navigation it's really skippy. Every 20 seconds or so. I did try my mom's S5 and it didn't skip as much but it was skipping at least once a song I'd say. Funny cause the Nexus 5 was fine.

I'm using Lollipop.
    Based on some of the responses to my bug report, it's not clear that the problem is isolated to just the Note 4, that other devices also experience it. I, as some people have suggested, it is related to CPU clocking then it could be a more general problem.
    04-07-2015 09:27 PM
    I did a factory reset after installing lollipop and I dunno if I just haven't spent enough time in my car or if it didn't skip anymore. It skipped after getting lollipop, but since the reset, I haven't noticed skipping. I'll respond back in a week. I allowed smart lock when connected to my radio, if that matters
    04-07-2015 11:30 PM
    I did a factory reset after installing lollipop and I dunno if I just haven't spent enough time in my car or if it didn't skip anymore. It skipped after getting lollipop, but since the reset, I haven't noticed skipping. I'll respond back in a week. I allowed smart lock when connected to my radio, if that matters
    You mean the setting under the wireless?
    04-08-2015 08:08 AM
    I didn't have this issue with the Bluetooth skipping on my Verizon Galaxy Note 4 before upgrading to Lollipop this past weekend. Do you think performing a factory reset will fix the issue? I don't want to do a factory reset if it isn't going to fix the problem. However, it seems like it might since I didn't have the issue until upgrading to Lollipop.
    04-09-2015 11:41 AM
    I didn't have this issue with the Bluetooth skipping on my Verizon Galaxy Note 4 before upgrading to Lollipop this past weekend. Do you think performing a factory reset will fix the issue? I don't want to do a factory reset if it isn't going to fix the problem. However, it seems like it might since I didn't have the issue until upgrading to Lollipop.
    No, it will not. It still does it after. Hopefully they will fix it with enough people complaining
    04-12-2015 03:14 AM
    I've upgraded to lollipop and it's still an issue
    I have poweramp premium, only thing that stops it is keeping the screen on, impossible to do while driving. It's so annoying.
    04-12-2015 10:43 AM
    I've upgraded to lollipop and it's still an issue
    I have poweramp premium, only thing that stops it is keeping the screen on, impossible to do while driving. It's so annoying.
    I also use PowerAmp Premium - great app. To keep the screen on to work around this problem, I use this and it works perfectly:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uttoggle&hl=en
    04-12-2015 10:46 AM
    Is this problem at all caused because of upgrading to Lollipop? I never experienced this problem until I upgraded to Lollipop on my Verizon Galaxy Note 4. I am getting a replacement phone tomorrow. Should I not upgrade that phone to Lollipop to avoid this happening again?
    04-13-2015 01:27 AM
    Some problem for me as well. My sons S5 and S5 active do the same thing only his active is the worst. Even after the update to Lollipop Im still noticing this.

04-13-2015 03:11 AM
    Is this problem at all caused because of upgrading to Lollipop? I never experienced this problem until I upgraded to Lollipop on my Verizon Galaxy Note 4. I am getting a replacement phone tomorrow. Should I not upgrade that phone to Lollipop to avoid this happening again?
    No, it is/was also present on KitKat.
    04-13-2015 07:04 AM
    I had an iPhone 5 in the past and started to get this bluetooth glitch after upgrading to ios 8 (not the only problem by the way). My son has a Dell Venue tablet on 4.2.2 and has that glich with his headphones. I have a Note 4 and never had the problem while on KitKat but now I have since Lollipop update...
    I did factory reset, cleared cache pair, unpair etc with no luck. It doesn't happen too often on my phone so I can deal with it but my son's headphones are practically unusable.

I really don't think the problem is only related to the Note 4. For sure, it is software related but I can't figure out finding a relation between all devices.
    04-13-2015 07:59 AM
    Ok. So I can add some silliness to this. I have a note 3 and using lollipop on AT&T. I have tried three different brands of headphones. Right now powerbeats 2, 2 different pairs (mine and my wife's).. Here is the silliness. They only skip when I am walking and the phone is in my pocket (front or back pocket) and I look to the left. Yes, that is correct. They do not skip if I look right, only left. I can have the cable behind my neck or in front.. it does not matter. If I look left, they start to skip. I look forward and all is well. If I look up, down or right all is well.. So, any suggestions? I am going to try my wife's phone tonight.. Also a note 3.
    04-14-2015 01:09 PM
    There are lots of sensors in the phone from gravity to motion. It's possible one or more of those sensors sucks a tiny bit of cpu -- enough to cause the hiccup -- when the cpu is in low state.
    04-16-2015 01:19 AM
    I have this problem too and it seems that setting the Bluetooth Visibility Timeout (tap the ... in the corner of the Bluetooth settings) to Never Timeout helps (haven't had skips for 30+ minutes now). Not sure what this will do to the battery life (or if its gonna keep working).
    04-19-2015 04:19 PM
    Seems it didn't completely solve the problem (or maybe not at all) -- once I got up and started walking the problem came back. :-(
    04-20-2015 03:36 PM
    I got the same problem with my sprint galaxy note 4 it does not matter if its bluetooth or wired headphones with the screen off it skips .. I contacted samsung and could you believe they told me that they never heard of thiss issue ... Really
    04-22-2015 12:01 AM
    I seem to have some luck with turning off location completely when streaming. Which blows if you want to use navigation while steaming
    04-23-2015 04:42 AM
    So I didn't have skips until lollipop. However I have been using Car Dashdroid which keeps the screen on as part of its functionality and there seems to be some bugs on lollipop that have broken the screen on feature particularly after a phone call. I'm working on it with the developer. It is a great app for many reasons though and I'm loving the setup when it works. It also keeps 'ok google' working because the screen is on. That always seems hit or miss with me on the note. You might want to give it a try to see if it helps. I'm sure he will track down the bug and probably before google fixes this

04-23-2015 07:05 AM
282 12345 ...