07-21-2017 12:24 AM
282 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I could not agree more. I've always thought apple products were just dumb and always loved android only. But recently I was forced to buy an iPad air 2 because of work related needs that are optimized on the ipad. It works so well, I got rid of my note 10.1. My family wants to admit me to the ER because now I can't say enough about how well the iPad operates.. so I'm now considering an iPhone in the future.. I can't believe I just typed that... but smooth streaming bluetooth music is paramount for me along with fast uninhibited UI.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I had an iPhone 5 last year and I was having the exact same problem with Bluetooth skipping after installing ios 8.
    05-26-2015 10:13 PM
    I had an iPhone 5 last year and I was having the exact same problem with Bluetooth skipping after installing ios 8.
    Weird, I've never had any issues using my wife's iPhone 5 or 6. I've never had problems with any of my android phones either though until the Lollipop update.
    05-26-2015 11:06 PM
    Thanks very much for the tip about turning off the screen saver. It was frustrating as I didn't know which component of my setup was to blame, i.e. phone, SD card, Bose Bluetooth headphones, music player using external SD card, phone OS, yikes! I get no blips now that my screen remains active. I am using Bose Soundlink headphones running Poweramp with a Samsung SD card on a Note 4. I too tried various things like turning off S Health app, different music player, putting music files on internal memory, etc. Nothing worked until this - keeping screen active. The Note 4 maximum setting for this is 10 minutes so I downloaded the No Time Toggle app suggested below to keep screen active beyond OS setting. Not a very elegant solution, but it works until Samsung and others figure this out. Thanks again!
    05-28-2015 06:33 PM
    Fixed it!
    Add this line to you build.prop and watch the skips disappear.

ro.bluetooth.request.master=true

It appears that Bluetooth stack completely changed which may have been the cause of the issue. A user solved his issues BEFORE the Bluetooth change by adding a bunch of stuff to his audio.conf file
    Code:
    [General]
    Enable=Sink,Control,Headset,Gateway,Source
    Master=true
    AutoConnect=true

[Headset]
    HFP=true
    MaxConnections=10
    FastConnectable=false

[A2DP]
    SBCSources=10
    MPEG12Sources=0

[AVRCP]
    InputDeviceName=AVRCP
    MetaDataBlackList=Ford Audio
    If anyone knows how to do these things in KitKat/Lollipop this could fix the problem for everyone... That is, if the master setting itself doesn't fix it for everyone.
    06-12-2015 05:43 PM
    Fixed it!

It appears that Bluetooth stack completely changed which may have been the cause of the issue. A user solved his issues BEFORE the Bluetooth change by adding a bunch of stuff to his audio.conf file
    Code:
    [General]
    Master=true
    AutoConnect=true

[Headset]
    HFP=true
    MaxConnections=10
    FastConnectable=false

[A2DP]
    SBCSources=10
    MPEG12Sources=0

[AVRCP]
    InputDeviceName=AVRCP
    If anyone knows how to do these things in KitKat/Lollipop this could fix the problem for everyone... That is, if the master setting itself doesn't fix it for everyone.
    With the caveat that you need to be rooted to do it.
    06-12-2015 06:55 PM
    I still have this issue, no matter what I have tried, even the fix I thought I had that I posted earlier in this thread doesn't work consistently. Very frustrating since I spend about 5-6 hours per day listening to music while working. Despite all the benefits of the Note 4 over other phones, I have considered changing phones just because of this problem. Grrr......

I suppose someday there will be root for the AT&T model and I might have hope of resolution...but in the meantime this sucks.
    06-14-2015 11:14 AM
    Fixed it!

Code:
    [General]
    Master=true
    AutoConnect=true

[Headset]
    HFP=true
    MaxConnections=10
    FastConnectable=false

[A2DP]
    SBCSources=10
    MPEG12Sources=0

[AVRCP]
    InputDeviceName=AVRCP
    tkoreaper you are a legend!

I can confirm that adding the line 'ro.bluetooth.request.master=true' to build.prop has fixed the problem! No more skipping over Bluetooth!

This worked on Note 4 (SM-N910G) 5.0.1
    I had to root the device to do this.

Thanks again!
    07-22-2015 09:01 PM
    Bumping it used to work for me but then I just got an app to keep the screen on. Works with at least several apps.
    07-23-2015 12:57 PM
    That's good because I keep my phone in a pocket and leaving the screen on causes me to click apps when reaching for it. But testing it with the screen on there is no popping. I upgraded my Note to Lollipop and it still does it.
    08-03-2015 06:28 PM
    Wish there was a fix for this. I get this all the time just using wired headphones or using the phones speaker. I can't keep my display on while its in my pocket at the gym.

I have found Xbox Music doesn't have this freeze/skip/noise nearly at all, where as Play Music is every few songs. Both are downloaded music, too.

08-03-2015 07:34 PM
    I'm hoping that 5.1.1 fixes this...
    08-03-2015 08:39 PM
    Fixed it!

Code:
    [General]
    Master=true
    AutoConnect=true

[Headset]
    HFP=true
    MaxConnections=10
    FastConnectable=false

[A2DP]
    SBCSources=10
    MPEG12Sources=0

[AVRCP]
    InputDeviceName=AVRCP
    Download and install "Kernel Adiuter(ROOT)"
    ! PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU NEED ROOT PERMISSIONS / administration access

Swipe to right or press menu in the top left of the screen

Scroll down to the "TOOLS" marker

Select "Build prop Editor"

Press the button "add (+)"

Add the key [General] (ignore [ & ] and words inbetween and the value is true or false after the "="
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    | key= argument / key
    | value= true / false
    | (*)= Unknown to work due to not having a usable item to test adequately/effectivly
    | (!)= invalid argument / key
    | (+)= usable
    | (-)= untested
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    (*)Enable=Sink,Control,Headset,Gateway,Source
    Master=true
    --------------------------------
    (+)
    ro.bluetooth.remote.audoconnect
    true
    ---------------------------------
    [Headset](*)
    HFP=true
    MaxConnections=10
    FastConnectable=false
    ------------------------------------------
    [A2DP](*)
    SBCSources=10
    MPEG12Sources=0
    ----------------------------------------------
    [AVRCP](*)
    InputDeviceName=AVRCP
    08-08-2015 10:28 AM
    I updated my Sprint Note 4 to 5.1.1 last week. Now when using my Bluetooth headset I get one skip in an hour. Before 5.1.1 I was getting them every few minutes.

So 5.1.1 seems to have fixed this issue.

zeuswsu likes this.
    08-08-2015 11:23 AM
    I updated my Sprint Note 4 to 5.1.1 last week. Now when using my Bluetooth headset I get one skip in an hour. Before 5.1.1 I was getting them every few minutes.

So 5.1.1 seems to have fixed this issue.

Not for me - I still see the issue with the same every-minute-or-so regularity. Running with the screen on still seems to prevent it from occurring.
    08-09-2015 08:08 AM
    I've got a Note 4 and also have the skipping audio over bluetooth. Recently I've been using a 2014 Moto X while cutting the grass and it still occurs on that, although less frequently. However, yesterday I ran a race with my daughter and used my wife's S5 since she has an armband for that. I used it for the entire bike and run portion of the race - about 1.5 hours - and the bluetooth didn't skip once. Anyone else here with an S5 notice anything similar?
    08-09-2015 08:46 AM
    First of all i will say how im getting those audio skips. Its not from streaming music. I connect my wireless headphones through bluetooth with note4 and listen to mysuc wireleslly from external/internal card. I have tested thousand of solutions and i came to one conclusion. Its not Androids/Google fault. Its blueooth itself that causes this problem. The older version the worser skips. Try to compare phone running bluetooth 4.0 (archaic) and 4.1. Skips still occur but much much less frequently. There is a light in the tunnel for all of us. Newest BT 4.2 will be released soon this year on new Nexus and hopefully and more devices. I hope this version will fix our issue
    And why music skips ? Well, bluetooth and LTE frequencies dont like to work on symbiose and they all the time overlap each other which causes skips/stutter etc.

The Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) today announced the adoption of updates to the Bluetooth Core Specification. Bluetooth 4.1 is an important evolutionary update to the wireless specification, which experienced a revolutionary update in July 2010 with Bluetooth Smart, the intelligent, low-energy technology enabling the Internet of Things (IoT). The updates will improve consumer usability with increased co-existence support for LTE
    So it did, but it isnt fixed in 100%
    Fensterino likes this.
    08-12-2015 05:25 PM
    First of all i will say how im getting those audio skips. Its not from streaming music. I connect my wireless headphones through bluetooth with note4 and listen to mysuc wireleslly from external/internal card. I have tested thousand of solutions and i came to one conclusion. Its not Androids/Google fault. Its blueooth itself that causes this problem. The older version the worser skips. Try to compare phone running bluetooth 4.0 (archaic) and 4.1. Skips still occur but much much less frequently. There is a light in the tunnel for all of us. Newest BT 4.2 will be released soon this year on new Nexus and hopefully and more devices. I hope this version will fix our issue
    And why music skips ? Well, bluetooth and LTE frequencies dont like to work on symbiose and they all the time overlap each other which causes skips/stutter etc.

So it did, but it isnt fixed in 100%
    I don't think that jibes with what a lot of us are seeing in that we can prevent the skips from occurring by leaving the screen on. I don't see how that has any relation to frequency interference.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    08-12-2015 05:41 PM
    And I get them using wired headphones and onboard speaker. It's not a Bluetooth issue.

08-12-2015 07:00 PM
    Thank you for posting this. I have been going mad over this skipping issue! Leaving the screen on did not help at all for me, but turning off mobile data fixed it! For me, at least, there does seem to be a conflict between Bluetooth and LTE. It's not ideal because I would really like to be able to stream music when I'm out and about using my mobile data, but it is a compromise I can at least live with, for now.
    09-11-2015 08:49 PM
    The note 5 fixed my Bluetooth skipping issues for anyone interested...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    lv2bsilly likes this.
    09-12-2015 03:14 AM

On my bug report -

https://code.google.com/p/android/is...tars&start=100

people are reporting seeing it on their Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Edge+.
    09-12-2015 06:23 AM
    I've posted on this thread on a couple of times and have been paying more attention to when I encounter the skipping problem.

I drive a 2012 Grand Cherokee and don't notice the skipping the issue when streaming music to that. I don't notice the skipping problem or voice issues either when using it for calls. I also have a soundbar with BT and don't notice the skipping issue on that either.

I do get the skipping issue when using an inexpensive (e.g., $40) pair of BT headphones when doing yardwork. Specifically, I have noticed I only encounter this when a piece of metal (like the handlebar on a lawnmower) crosses between my phone and the headphones. I'm thinking this is what is causing the problem, at least for me, and that perhaps it is amplified because I'm using a cheap pair of headphones. When I'm just cutting the grass going straight and not turning my lawnmower (where the handle would interfere with the signal) I don't experience this. Anyone else notice something similar?
    09-19-2015 10:28 AM
    I've posted on this thread on a couple of times and have been paying more attention to when I encounter the skipping problem.

I drive a 2012 Grand Cherokee and don't notice the skipping the issue when streaming music to that. I don't notice the skipping problem or voice issues either when using it for calls. I also have a soundbar with BT and don't notice the skipping issue on that either.

I do get the skipping issue when using an inexpensive (e.g., $40) pair of BT headphones when doing yardwork. Specifically, I have noticed I only encounter this when a piece of metal (like the handlebar on a lawnmower) crosses between my phone and the headphones. I'm thinking this is what is causing the problem, at least for me, and that perhaps it is amplified because I'm using a cheap pair of headphones. When I'm just cutting the grass going straight and not turning my lawnmower (where the handle would interfere with the signal) I don't experience this. Anyone else notice something similar?
    Not in my case. I see this issue with high-end JayBird BlueBuds when they are in close proximity to my N4, nothing interfering.
    09-19-2015 11:44 AM

Note 5 runs on BT 4.2. Maybe this fixed the skipping issue
    09-19-2015 12:00 PM
    Note 5 runs on BT 4.2. Maybe this fixed the skipping issue
    In the Google bug report I placed, others have reported seeing the problem on the Note 5 and the S6 Edge.
    09-19-2015 12:13 PM
282 ... 56789 ...