Note 4 Bluetooth "skipping" audio.

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
This is a huge issue on the Verizon version. Does it with my head unit and my Bluetooth headphones. Another thing that gets on my nerves is it won't autoplay when starting the car. I have to start playing it from my phone if I've been out of the car for more than a few minutes. Note 2 didn't do this. Even does it if I leave music player open

bchamp747

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Since the Note 4 will only allow you to keep the screen on for a maximum of 10 minutes, use an App called Stay Alive. It will give you the option to keep the screen always on and you can enable or disable it from the pull down menu on your phone. Not only does it do what it's supposed to, you can make it app specific. Since I stream via bluetooth from multiple sources (YouTube, Spotify, ect) I keep the screen on and turn the brightness to minimum. As another user pointed out, this work around works!!! The app builds upon that keeping your screen on for more than 10 minutes. I'm glad I found this helpful thread and the Stay Alive app.

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Having to keep the screen on is ludicrous. I'm gonna see if plugging the phone in prevents it from happening

bchamp747

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Keeping your Note 4 screen always on really does work. I'm using an app called Stay Alive, this will keep the screen on at all times, just be sure to dim the brightness to a minimum! :)

Blipstein

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Had this issue with my car. I unpaired the phone from my car (delete phone from car and delete car from phone). Power down the phone then wipe the cache partition. Re-pair the BT and see how it goes. Seems to have worked for me.

If that doesn't work, try un-pairing and re-pairing the BT a few times.

To wipe the cache

1. Turn the power off.
2. Press the volume up+home+power keys until you feel the phone vibrate.
3. Release the power and home keys but continue to press the volume up key until you enter the Recovery menu.
4. Use the volume up or down keys to navigate and the power key to select the 'wipe cache partition option.
5. Select 'Reboot' when done.

hotzeug

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm the guy who originally started this thread, and have been waiting on Verizon for the Lollipop update to see if it would fix it.... As most of you have found out it hasn't; just got the update on Saturday. It sucks not being able to use Bluetooth ever since I got my Note 4. I agree with some, that leaving the screen on is a pretty stupid workaround, but I guess it's the only solution for now... I had already tried Blipstein's advice before the update, but did it again today and still no fix.

hotzeug

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site

samwifi

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes, this the most irritating problem. It's a little thing that will eventually make me buy an iphone cause smooth playing music while exercising or driving is so important... I've got this beast that can't play a tune smoothly... so frustrating.

Posted via the Android Central App

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Really unfortunate for Verizon users as the fact that there is a work around and that the issue isn't prevalent on all carrier variants points to a kernel issue. If only bootloaders on the other variants weren't locked people could at least install other kernels in an attempt to increase minimum cpu frequency while screen is off to try to combat the issue. Agree with sparksd that more people need to complain about it to elevate the issue.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Really unfortunate for Verizon users as the fact that there is a work around and that the issue isn't prevalent on all carrier variants points to a kernel issue. If only bootloaders on the other variants weren't locked people could at least install other kernels in an attempt to increase minimum cpu frequency while screen is off to try to combat the issue. Agree with sparksd that more people need to complain about it to elevate the issue.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

I am on Sprint.

Drew Hosick

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Tried a few things I've read like leaving the bluetooth on visible and such but no such luck with the Note 4. I'm trying to decide what to do. I just picked it up over my Nexus 5 and am wondering if I should go to the Nexus 6 but I don't want to give up my good camera on the Note 4 even though Streaming and gps are the two most important things I look for in a phone. I just feel like having to leave the screen on for hours would be detrimental to the phone over time. Has anyone tried another copy of the phone(returning the first one and getting another note 4?) Did that work out?

It was a bit better today when I navigated to the point it didn't bother me but without navigation it's really skippy. Every 20 seconds or so. I did try my mom's S5 and it didn't skip as much but it was skipping at least once a song I'd say. Funny cause the Nexus 5 was fine.

I'm using Lollipop.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Tried a few things I've read like leaving the bluetooth on visible and such but no such luck with the Note 4. I'm trying to decide what to do. I just picked it up over my Nexus 5 and am wondering if I should go to the Nexus 6 but I don't want to give up my good camera on the Note 4 even though Streaming and gps are the two most important things I look for in a phone. I just feel like having to leave the screen on for hours would be detrimental to the phone over time. Has anyone tried another copy of the phone(returning the first one and getting another note 4?) Did that work out?

It was a bit better today when I navigated to the point it didn't bother me but without navigation it's really skippy. Every 20 seconds or so. I did try my mom's S5 and it didn't skip as much but it was skipping at least once a song I'd say. Funny cause the Nexus 5 was fine.

I'm using Lollipop.

Based on some of the responses to my bug report, it's not clear that the problem is isolated to just the Note 4, that other devices also experience it. I, as some people have suggested, it is related to CPU clocking then it could be a more general problem.

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I did a factory reset after installing lollipop and I dunno if I just haven't spent enough time in my car or if it didn't skip anymore. It skipped after getting lollipop, but since the reset, I haven't noticed skipping. I'll respond back in a week. I allowed smart lock when connected to my radio, if that matters

Drew Hosick

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I did a factory reset after installing lollipop and I dunno if I just haven't spent enough time in my car or if it didn't skip anymore. It skipped after getting lollipop, but since the reset, I haven't noticed skipping. I'll respond back in a week. I allowed smart lock when connected to my radio, if that matters

You mean the setting under the wireless?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante