Note 4 Bluetooth "skipping" audio.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 4 Bluetooth "skipping" audio.

Any fix for this yet? Or at least workaround that works? I know there were previously conflicting opinions on whether the screen on trick or timer app worked.

Still a problem for me on latest OS and screen on workaround still works. The post count on the Google problem report I wrote is up to 259 and the Priority assigned by Google is "Small" and Status is New (I wrote it Jan 15, 2015).

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=95294&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Owner%20Summary%20Stars&start=100

markyboy81

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I'll also contact google and do my bit to help push it up the list of priorities. Maybe it will be fixed if we ever get marshmallow?
I had a note 5 recently and experienced no dropouts or stuttering whatsoever for the 6 weeks I had it - however it developed a much worse bluetooth problem with the range so had to go back.
Do you have a link for the screen on app? The one I wanted to download doesn't work on 5.1.1 which I'm currently on.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I'll also contact google and do my bit to help push it up the list of priorities. Maybe it will be fixed if we ever get marshmallow?
I had a note 5 recently and experienced no dropouts or stuttering whatsoever for the 6 weeks I had it - however it developed a much worse bluetooth problem with the range so had to go back.
Do you have a link for the screen on app? The one I wanted to download doesn't work on 5.1.1 which I'm currently on.

This is the screen timeout toggle app/widget I use:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chemdroid.screentimeouttoggle&hl=en

BVLenci

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm having this problem with my Sony Xperia Z3 tablet. It's running Lollipop, and it happens even when the screen is on. Any other ideas?

RockAndRollAcdc

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue. I found if I turned off WIFI it's fine. But I have found were WIFI turned off and open explore. It does the same thing for a little while

Posted via the Android Central App

Nitin Chand

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I've found several forums talking about this issue, but none ever ended with a fix to the problem. I just got my Note 4 on Tuesday and was trying to use my Bluetooth receiver (Sony Erricson MW600) while listening to music, but it cuts out every minute or so for about a second. The music continues, so when the audio comes back on the song will be a second later than when it stopped. I tried some things that others have suggested like: turning off wi-fi, using a Bluetooth app such as "Bluetooth Auto Connect," taking the battery out and trying it again, closing "S Health," unpairing and then pairing again, and I think there may have been a few other things I tried but can't remember. My music is just being played through the "Music" app, and the files are stored on a Samsung Pro MicroSDXC.
Is there anything else that has worked for others with the same problem? Thanks for the help! Oh, and could the version of Bluetooth have an effect on the problem I'm having (like if my receiver isn't 4.1)?
finally found a solution. Downloaded Cleanmaster (boost) after reading all the forums. Played music via spotify on way to work in my Subaru liberty. Started to skip right away. Tapped the boost app icon amd in few seconds music went to normal play. Lasted the entire trip to work. Will try again on way home.

Nitin Chand

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Same issue. Solution :
Download Cleanmaster app (Boost) and run it before or during skipping and fixes problems within seconds.

Try other similar apps if not a fan of Cleanmaster. They should all do the same thing.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
We have to remember that each carrier modifies the software for their own purposes, so not strange there are differences between Sprint and Verizon - or AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.

Lucas Barbosa

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Phone: Note 4, SM-N910C
Android 5.1.1 N910CXXU1COJ5 - stock, not rooted

I just started having this problem 3 weeks ago: When connected to a BT audio device, audio "skips" for 1 sec or less (no sound on the BT speaker... and when the sound returns, a second of music is "lost"). The problem happens 3 to 5 times in each song, or even more. It happens on spotify, play music, youtube and any other player I tested. Screen on or screen off.

I tried turning wifi off and it didn't help at all. What solved the problem was turning "location" off.

If location is off, the audio is absolutely perfect. Turning it back on brings the problem back.

Since the problem was apparently related to some app that was using the location services, I disabled the location history and checked the "recent location requests" list. All the apps in that list were uninstalled. Only one remaining was "google play services", which can't be uninstalled. Unfortunately after all that, the problem was still there.

So.... for now I blame some samsung or google play services update for the issue I have on my phone. And I am still searching for a real fix (turning location off is not an option, specially because it makes it impossible to use navigation apps).

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Verizon 5.1.1 fixed my Bluetooth skipping so far. 40 minute test period). I'm 95% positive it was a software issue with one of the sensors (accelerometer,etc). Cuz I could make it skip on cue by pushing hard on the top half of the screen. Holding the pressure for 5 seconds would create a 5 second audio loss. Pushing the phone against my leg in my pocket would do it as well. No skipping yet on 5.1.... knock on wood

RandomKoreanGuy

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
This issue started very recently for me and upgrading to 5.1.1 unfortunately didn't fix it. For most of the year or so I've owned my Verizon Galaxy Note 4, it's been free of skipping and stuttering until about the last month or so. I've tried all the solutions posited, I've tried uninstalling or disabling various apps, I've tried booting into Safe Mode (it still stutters in Safe Mode), I've tried keeping the screen on, messing with the developer options, everything and anything I could think of and none of it really works in a way that tests reliably over repeated trials. This leads me to believe that it's a hardware issue because my phone didn't ship this way, it became this way recently and no amount of tweaking, disabling, cache wiping, rebooting, or safe mode-ing has caused it to go away. The one thing that does strangely seem to help is when I use my fitness band (a Mi Band), my AptX headphones stop skipping. I have no idea why. My non-AptX devices, however, continue stuttering as normal (like my waterproof speaker which I use in the shower) at a rate of roughly once every 2 - 10 seconds (or not at all for brief periods), depending on its mood. Now part of the NFC capability of this phone is built into the battery, and I happen to have 2 (the original and new one I just got recently), so in the hopes that it was the battery, I tried swapping to the old one, but no dice.

I have no reasonable explanation as to why my fitness band stops the stuttering on my AptX bluetooth headphones (I have 3 different ones), but if I leave the fitness band behind or uninstall the Mi Fit app, they will stutter just like my waterproof speaker does. I had a Fitbit Zip for the longest time before the Mi Band also (but I no longer have it), but there was no stuttering present at that time. So my conclusion is hardware failure of the bluetooth radio in the phone. One of the other earlier posts stated they tested an external bluetooth radio plugged into the audio jack and that it was sending audio fine, without any skips, hesitation, or stuttering, so this might be a theory with some merit. Honestly after all my frustrations with Samsung in general and this phone specifically, I feel like this will be my last Samsung phone.

JMonty

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I submitted my issue with this over a year ago. The list of users suffering from this malady goes on and on. I have a Note 4 and Bose Soundlink headphones. We all spend a lot of money to enjoy above average hi fidelity music. Has one manufacturer representative responded to this problem? I have to thank another user who related their positive experience using the 'Keep Screen On' app. I tried this and my skipping problem was reduced by about 90%. Still, I have some blips in my music (maybe 2-3 times in a 4 minute song). Why is their only silence from Samsung? This will no doubt influence my decision on my next handset purchase.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I submitted my issue with this over a year ago. The list of users suffering from this malady goes on and on. I have a Note 4 and Bose Soundlink headphones. We all spend a lot of money to enjoy above average hi fidelity music. Has one manufacturer representative responded to this problem? I have to thank another user who related their positive experience using the 'Keep Screen On' app. I tried this and my skipping problem was reduced by about 90%. Still, I have some blips in my music (maybe 2-3 times in a 4 minute song). Why is their only silence from Samsung? This will no doubt influence my decision on my next handset purchase.

It is frustrating. I opened my Google issue on it a year ago and with 277 responses by others on it, it still remains a Priority of Small.

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=95294

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37