01-09-2015 10:45 AM
85 1234
tools
    putting a case on it is like my old italian aunt putting clear plastic covers on her nice new couches and seats, never made sense to me
    01-04-2015 05:29 AM
    I'm not comfortable walking around with 700 euros worth of tech in my hand with it vulnerable to breaking with one slip out of my hand. I got the Otterbox Commuter but it's too bulky and not grippy enough for one handed use, I then got a Tpu case but the camera juts out too far and would definitely take a hit with a fall. The problem with the Note 4 is trying to add protection without making an already big phone, huge. I found the perfect solution and it came from Samsung itself. Screen protector that came with the Commuter and the Samsung bumper plus case. Rubbery grippy edges with a raised section at the back to give the camera a fighting chance in a fall, raised front edges to protect the screen and all in all nice and slender. One handed use no problems. I will say though, I've also used the Candyshell Speck Grip before too on a previous phone and found it great. Might just add too much bulk to the Note 4 though.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-04-2015 06:54 AM
    I got the spigen tough armor but it actually scratches the phone metal edges when taking the the case on an off. My wife got the spigen ultra hybrid in light blue but the coloring started to turn grey after a week. At least spigen refunded me. We went with the otter box commuter. And even though they are pricey they fit nice and easy to take off. It doesn't add as much bulk as I thought they would.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    01-04-2015 08:40 AM
    I also go back and forth. The only time I take the case.off is at home. I don't trust myself at work, or outside.

Just installed the zagg hdx, and really like it. No halo effect..
    This. Except just a regular tempered glass screen protector for me.
    01-04-2015 09:40 AM
    I'm always using my spigen case. I don't like it. But I'm to scared that I will damage the camera lens if I go naked.

I was ballsy and went naked with my GS5, cracked the camera lens.... cases from here on out for me.
    01-04-2015 09:44 AM
    I love cases because of their potential to keep my phones flawless. Tech 21 cases are my favorites.
    akutch34 likes this.
    01-04-2015 09:47 AM
    I've REALLY want to use my Note 4 without a case, and I have tried. BUT, I just don't like the feel of the phone naked. It looks fantastic, but it just doesn't feel good to me. The back is too slippery and it's almost too thin to hold comfortably. I've been thru many cases and finally settled on the Speck Products CandyShell Grip Case . It's pricey, but has an great feel to it.

Attachment 157761
    I have this case too and it feels nice in the hand. They had them on sale at Best Buy for $20 when I got mine.
    01-04-2015 11:14 AM
    I just got my Note 4, I agree I don't like the feel at all. My LG G3 feels so much nicer in my hand. I hate using cases, just screen protectors, but I will need one on this phone.
    01-04-2015 01:12 PM
    I just got my Note 4, I agree I don't like the feel at all. My LG G3 feels so much nicer in my hand. I hate using cases, just screen protectors, but I will need one on this phone.
    Don't you find it harder to keep your phones blemish-free without a case?
    01-04-2015 01:35 PM
    Don't you find it harder to keep your phones blemish-free without a case?
    Honestly no, only damage I have done is scratches on the screens that would just mysteriously appear, so I use glass HD protectors. On my iPhone I use Apple Care+ as my case. I just take care when using.
    01-04-2015 01:45 PM
    The OEM Samsung Note 4 Protective Cover is awesome. It looks great, has a great texture, and doesn't add much bulk. The bumper corners really should help during an impact.

From Samsung's site:

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 hate cases but scared to go naked-ef-pn910bsesta_main_600.jpg
    philip42 likes this.
    01-04-2015 01:48 PM
    I've REALLY want to use my Note 4 without a case, and I have tried. BUT, I just don't like the feel of the phone naked. It looks fantastic, but it just doesn't feel good to me. The back is too slippery and it's almost too thin to hold comfortably. I've been thru many cases and finally settled on the Speck Products CandyShell Grip Case . It's pricey, but has an great feel to it.

Attachment 157761
    Absolutely. This is what I have (white note, white case). It's even slimmer than the Spigen Slim Armor I had previously. I really appreciate that the grips extend to the sides. I have tiny girlie hands so the grips are where I need them the most. I also appreciate the rubberized lip extending past the screen. I feel that would absorb a lot of the shock if I were to drop it face down.

I love the look of the naked note, but it's just too thin to use comfortably. Before my first case came in the mail I was afraid it was going to slip out of my hands. I was scared it take it anywhere!
    01-04-2015 02:01 PM
    I hate cases on my phones.

Know what I hate more? Spending a pile of money on a replacement because I fumbled the phone.

I use cases.
    rvhs03 and akutch34 like this.
    01-04-2015 02:27 PM
    I hate cases on my phones.

Know what I hate more? Spending a pile of money on a replacement because I fumbled the phone.

I use cases.
    Smart you are.

from the IV✒
    01-04-2015 02:51 PM
    Smart you are.
    LOL, thanks. I'm not the clumsiest person on earth, but I'm certainly not graceful, either.

I got in a small car accident last year. No one was hurt. We pulled into a gas station to sort things out. I pulled out my phone to call the police, but I was a little shaky, and the phone launched from my hand and dove into some gravel. It must have come out fast, because the case (Insipio Dual Pro) was obliterated...but the phone was pristine.

It doesn't matter how careful you *usually* are -- a case is necessary for those moments when you're not quite yourself.
    pantlesspenguin and akutch34 like this.
    01-04-2015 03:40 PM
    LOL, thanks. I'm not the clumsiest person on earth, but I'm certainly not graceful, either.

I got in a small car accident last year. No one was hurt. We pulled into a gas station to sort things out. I pulled out my phone to call the police, but I was a little shaky, and the phone launched from my hand and dove into some gravel. It must have come out fast, because the case (Insipio Dual Pro) was obliterated...but the phone was pristine.

It doesn't matter how careful you *usually* are -- a case is necessary for those moments when you're not quite yourself.
    I'm glad you weren't hurt.

from the IV✒
    KreepyKen likes this.
    01-04-2015 03:43 PM
    I'm glad you weren't hurt.
    Thank you. I was actually stopped at a light. The guy in front of me was trying to be nice and give a semi more room to turn the corner, didn't realize I was behind him and he backed into me. Crunched up my plastic grill, broke a light, and bent the hood. But he was barely moving. It ended up being an expensive repair for such a tiny tap. But both of us emerged unscathed, so it's cool.
    01-04-2015 03:55 PM
    That's the perfect way of putting it.
    01-04-2015 04:17 PM
    The OEM Samsung Note 4 Protective Cover is awesome. It looks great, has a great texture, and doesn't add much bulk. The bumper corners really should help during an impact.

From Samsung's site:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EF-PN910BSESTA_main_600.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	157877
    Just bought this case and it arrived yesterday...

Really impressed with it... Feels solid I n the hand ... As well as prtoecrs the camera lens in the back ...

Its replaced the diztronic case I got earlier ...

01-04-2015 04:58 PM
    Just bought this case and it arrived yesterday...

Really impressed with it... Feels solid I n the hand ... As well as prtoecrs the camera lens in the back ...

Its replaced the diztronic case I got earlier ...

Any way you can post a pic of your phone in this case?

from the IV✒
    01-04-2015 04:59 PM
    Any way you can post a pic of your phone in this case?

from the IV✒
    Haven't ever uploaded pics before here.. But will try.. Will take me some time though.
    01-04-2015 05:30 PM
    As requested...
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Note 4 hate cases but scared to go naked-image.jpg   Samsung Galaxy Note 4 hate cases but scared to go naked-image.jpg   Samsung Galaxy Note 4 hate cases but scared to go naked-image.jpg   Samsung Galaxy Note 4 hate cases but scared to go naked-image.jpg  
    akutch34, philip42 and bleuiko like this.
    01-04-2015 10:22 PM
    I had no idea that Samsung had released such an awesome case for the Note 4. I may have to pick up one of those.

from the IV✒
    01-05-2015 04:24 AM
    Currently I use the samsung case. It is a nice slim case but I don't know how well it would hold up with a drop. I also have an otterbox defender that I use when I go out and feel that I need the extra protection. It does add some bulk but not as bad as I thought it would.

I used a UAG on my note 2 for quite some time but one time I pulled it out of my pocket and fell, picked it up off the ground and the screen was shattered.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 hate cases but scared to go naked-note2-crack.jpg
    01-05-2015 07:41 AM
    I have the blue version. Definitely very nice for a light duty case.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Note 4 hate cases but scared to go naked-uploadfromtaptalk1420479387185.jpg  
    01-05-2015 11:36 AM
85 1234