Samsung Galaxy Note 4 hate cases but scared to go naked

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I've REALLY want to use my Note 4 without a case, and I have tried. BUT, I just don't like the feel of the phone naked. It looks fantastic, but it just doesn't feel good to me. The back is too slippery and it's almost too thin to hold comfortably. I've been thru many cases and finally settled on the Speck Products CandyShell Grip Case . It's pricey, but has an great feel to it.

speck.jpg

srkirby

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I also use the Speck Candy Shell Grip case and I love it. It doesn't add too much weight or thickness, and everything is protected well.

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
putting a case on it is like my old italian aunt putting clear plastic covers on her nice new couches and seats, never made sense to me

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm not comfortable walking around with 700 euros worth of tech in my hand with it vulnerable to breaking with one slip out of my hand. I got the Otterbox Commuter but it's too bulky and not grippy enough for one handed use, I then got a Tpu case but the camera juts out too far and would definitely take a hit with a fall. The problem with the Note 4 is trying to add protection without making an already big phone, huge. I found the perfect solution and it came from Samsung itself. Screen protector that came with the Commuter and the Samsung bumper plus case. Rubbery grippy edges with a raised section at the back to give the camera a fighting chance in a fall, raised front edges to protect the screen and all in all nice and slender. One handed use no problems. I will say though, I've also used the Candyshell Speck Grip before too on a previous phone and found it great. Might just add too much bulk to the Note 4 though.

Posted via the Android Central App

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I got the spigen tough armor but it actually scratches the phone metal edges when taking the the case on an off. My wife got the spigen ultra hybrid in light blue but the coloring started to turn grey after a week. At least spigen refunded me. We went with the otter box commuter. And even though they are pricey they fit nice and easy to take off. It doesn't add as much bulk as I thought they would.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: hate cases but scared to go naked

I also go back and forth. The only time I take the case.off is at home. I don't trust myself at work, or outside.

Just installed the zagg hdx, and really like it. No halo effect..

This. Except just a regular tempered glass screen protector for me.

adock22096

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I've REALLY want to use my Note 4 without a case, and I have tried. BUT, I just don't like the feel of the phone naked. It looks fantastic, but it just doesn't feel good to me. The back is too slippery and it's almost too thin to hold comfortably. I've been thru many cases and finally settled on the Speck Products CandyShell Grip Case . It's pricey, but has an great feel to it.

View attachment 157761

I have this case too and it feels nice in the hand. They had them on sale at Best Buy for $20 when I got mine.

anon(4054009)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Note 4, I agree I don't like the feel at all. My LG G3 feels so much nicer in my hand. I hate using cases, just screen protectors, but I will need one on this phone.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Note 4, I agree I don't like the feel at all. My LG G3 feels so much nicer in my hand. I hate using cases, just screen protectors, but I will need one on this phone.

Don't you find it harder to keep your phones blemish-free without a case?

anon(4054009)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Don't you find it harder to keep your phones blemish-free without a case?
Honestly no, only damage I have done is scratches on the screens that would just mysteriously appear, so I use glass HD protectors. On my iPhone I use Apple Care+ as my case. I just take care when using.

guyinlaca

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
The OEM Samsung Note 4 Protective Cover is awesome. It looks great, has a great texture, and doesn't add much bulk. The bumper corners really should help during an impact.

From Samsung's site:

EF-PN910BSESTA_main_600.jpg

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

View attachment 157761

Absolutely. This is what I have (white note, white case). It's even slimmer than the Spigen Slim Armor I had previously. I really appreciate that the grips extend to the sides. I have tiny girlie hands so the grips are where I need them the most. I also appreciate the rubberized lip extending past the screen. I feel that would absorb a lot of the shock if I were to drop it face down.

I love the look of the naked note, but it's just too thin to use comfortably. Before my first case came in the mail I was afraid it was going to slip out of my hands. I was scared it take it anywhere!

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I hate cases on my phones.

Know what I hate more? Spending a pile of money on a replacement because I fumbled the phone.

I use cases.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Smart you are.

LOL, thanks. I'm not the clumsiest person on earth, but I'm certainly not graceful, either.

I got in a small car accident last year. No one was hurt. We pulled into a gas station to sort things out. I pulled out my phone to call the police, but I was a little shaky, and the phone launched from my hand and dove into some gravel. It must have come out fast, because the case (Insipio Dual Pro) was obliterated...but the phone was pristine.

It doesn't matter how careful you *usually* are -- a case is necessary for those moments when you're not quite yourself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad