Has anyone experienced an issue if you save an image while using the Image clip feature to your scrap book an then try to attach it in a text message it inputs the image then bow it hat has all kinds of text from the page you captured from? Is there a way to change it so it only shows the image you saved to your scrapbook with no text below it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-02-2015 10:48 PM
    What it is saving is the name of the webpage. You could try to crop it off with an editing app.
    Good Luck!
    Ron
    01-06-2015 10:36 AM
    As ronb says you haven't saved the image itself, instead you have saved the link to the location of the image from where you viewed it. It would seem you have chosen to save the link instead of downloading the actual image. Easy to do with the save pop-up window option list.
    01-06-2015 11:15 AM
    Scrapbook saves not only the image clip but information within the clip area that it finds to give the scrapbook entry some context, whether this is the URL that the clip came from in the case of a browser clipping or some other information. Its this contextual metadata that you're probably seeing pop up in your text messaging application when going from scrapbook to texting. This is why I don't use scrapbook on my note devices; its a proprietary software that is so limited in functionality that it serves no purpose for me since the data that I put into it is not useful to me on my computers or other non-samsung devices. It wouldn't be so bad if the images within scrapbook could be separated from the metadata but the export features are limited and when editing a scrapbook entry one is unable to share the clipped raster image individually either. I make no claims as to whether or not it is possible other than to say that if it is it's not intuitive or easy.

If your intent is to attach your clip to an SMS message why use scrapbook? Why not just use the share via menu instead and share the clip directly with the messaging application of choice?

Personally I like ES File Explorer as my main file manager application and I like the fact that ES has an entry in the share menu. What this allows me to do is to use the image clip feature of the S-Pen and then share via ES to save the clip to internal storage. I can then do whatever I wish with that file since the image is now stored and visible by file manager or gallery.
    01-06-2015 11:42 AM