Why is my battery draining so fast?

Mohammed Abib

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Serious battery consumption issues.

I have done nothing with my phone yet it has severely dropped from 87% to 21% through the night, I only have let mobile data on so that I can get push notifications. Here are my battery stats:
Screenshot_2015-01-03-09-47-48.jpg
Screenshot_2015-01-03-09-48-18.jpg
Screenshot_2015-01-03-09-48-28.jpg
Anyone with the same problems? How can I fix my battery issues?

Last edited:

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: Serious battery consumption issues.

Usually an App or a function of the the OS is stuck running, first, do a power down, power off phone then restart. Then go into phone setting and look for Apps and see what's running, if you see an App running that you know you don't want running go into that Apps setting and uncheck anything about it updating automatically or make it go 4 hours for updates, not every 15 minutes or none. Most phones get a bad rap for short battery life but typically when we install and App we don't manually set it up so that App defaults to maximum updates looking for new data. The more Apps the more drain.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

I have done nothing with my phone yet it has severely dropped from 87% to 21% through the night, I have just let mobile data on so that I can get push notifications. Here are my battery stats:
View attachment 157729
View attachment 157730
View attachment 157731
Anyone with the same problems? How can I fix my battery issues?

Poor cell reception can eat battery at a pretty rapid pace. Yours is not very good, so I would guess that's your biggest problem. Do you have wifi where you live? If so, connect to wifi overnight and see if there's a difference.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Poor cell reception can eat battery at a pretty rapid pace. Yours is not very good, so I would guess that's your biggest problem. Do you have wifi where you live? If so, connect to wifi overnight and see if there's a difference.
He doesn't have one stitch of red in his mobile network bar. That can't be it. Obviously, it is something in Android system, but what? It could be dozens of things. I suggest getting GSam and see what apps your phone is using the most. Something is running pretty constant and just sucking your battery dry.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

What is the H+ in your status bar next to your signal? Is that some type of mobile hot-spot?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

You might have a wake lock issue . download wake lock detector from the play store

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

He doesn't have one stitch of red in his mobile network bar. That can't be it.

He doesn't have any green in it, either. His coverage is mediocre, and it's eating more battery than it would on good wifi. It's worth it to compare the results with wifi on all night as a baseline.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

What is the H+ in your status bar next to your signal? Is that some type of mobile hot-spot?

H = HSPA
H+ = HSPA+

The arrows show upstream traffic and downstream traffic over the HSPA networks.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

One thing is for sure, wake time bar is nearly fully blue. That ain't good over several hours unless screen time is several hours too. Definitely a wakelock issue compounded by low signal strength. The question is, what is keeping the device awake? I'd start with clearing cache and data for Google play services and work through other Google applications first since Google services shows up at the top of the list of apps on the batter stats page.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

One thing is for sure, wake time bar is nearly fully blue. That ain't good over several hours unless screen time is several hours too. Definitely a wakelock issue compounded by low signal strength. The question is, what is keeping the device awake?

That is what I noticed, but don't see anything obvious keeping it awake.

torana355

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

Its a wakelock issue, nothing to do with the signal strength, i have the same poor signal at my house and i lose only 3% battery overnight.

Klovis 27

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site

its a wakelock problem.I had the same problem bu' with wakelock detector I found the app causing the drain and fixed it!

Posted via the Android Central App

jaykalabs

May 13, 2013
Visit site

Uninstall unncessary junkwares which usually ship with the device. it should help little bit

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I wouldn't say it had anything to do with his cell reception ... Or I should say I don't believe that was the biggest drain. If you look you can see his phone was awake the entire time (pretty much) even though he didn't have the screen on.

@ OP - I would you say you have an app misbehaving. I would download wakelock detector to see what is keeping your phone awake like that.

Mohammed Abib

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

I wouldn't say it had anything to do with his cell reception ... Or I should say I don't believe that was the biggest drain. If you look you can see his phone was awake the entire time (pretty much) even though he didn't have the screen on.

@ OP - I would you say you have an app misbehaving. I would download wakelock detector to see what is keeping your phone awake like that.

But doesn't wake lock detector require root access on KitKat?

iamtybaby

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Mines crappy too...i dont have the patience to mess around with it

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-06-11-14-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-06-11-14-43.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot_2015-01-06-11-14-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-06-11-14-48.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 108

Mohammed Abib