Why is my battery draining so fast?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Serious battery consumption issues.

Thank you for your intervention, just a little off-topic question since you are a moderator and know better than me here, is there anyway to delete a comment in this forum?
I believe you can. If you have problems, please pm me the link and I can review it. Generally though we don't remove posts unless there is a problem.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Mohammed Abib

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

I believe you can. If you have problems, please pm me the link and I can review it. Generally though we don't remove posts unless there is a problem.

Nope there ain't any in the mean time, I just wondered if one could.
And the work around you talked about is too damn outwearing and you have to re-do it everytime you reboot your phone :( !
But I guess I don't have a choice. Thank you again for your help.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

It is tedious but it is the only way to see it without root. It can be very helpful if you have a wake lock issue

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com

So I was also complaining about the battery life when I got my Note 4, 3 days ago and noticed something. Out of the box the Note 4 comes with the Fast Charging feature set to "On". When I charged the phone with the fast charge it drained substantially fast.

So last night I found the setting and turned that off. Let it charge regularly overnight and today my battery life is phenomenal. I'm at 30%-ish and it's been off the charger for 15 hours and I've been using this thing like crazy all day with all the background features and apps running. I'm talking Google Now, Wifi on constantly, everything. So charging normally seems to have done the trick for me.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

So I was also complaining about the battery life when I got my Note 4, 3 days ago and noticed something. Out of the box the Note 4 comes with the Fast Charging feature set to "On". When I charged the phone with the fast charge it drained substantially fast.

So last night I found the setting and turned that off. Let it charge regularly overnight and today my battery life is phenomenal. I'm at 30%-ish and it's been off the charger for 15 hours and I've been using this thing like crazy all day with all the background features and apps running. I'm talking Google Now, Wifi on constantly, everything. So charging normally seems to have done the trick for me.

That's strange, not consistent with what I think the majority of users see when using Fast Charging. Would you be willing to test with it set to On again to see if doing the "normal" charge somehow reset something?

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com

That's strange, not consistent with what I think the majority of users see when using Fast Charging. Would you be willing to test with it set to On again to see if doing the "normal" charge somehow reset something?

Yeah, I can try that. I went to bed around midnight last night and had about 13% left. So 18 hours off the charger and I was at 13% and that's with everything running on my phone. No settings turned off except bluetooth as I don't use it.

I'm just curious if by somehow the quality of charge isn't as great when doing Fast Charge.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol