01-08-2015 08:29 AM
26 12
tools
    I have done nothing with my phone yet it has severely dropped from 87% to 21% through the night, I only have let mobile data on so that I can get push notifications. Here are my battery stats:
    Why is my battery draining so fast?-screenshot_2015-01-03-09-47-48.jpg
    Why is my battery draining so fast?-screenshot_2015-01-03-09-48-18.jpg
    Why is my battery draining so fast?-screenshot_2015-01-03-09-48-28.jpg
    Anyone with the same problems? How can I fix my battery issues?
    Klovis 27 likes this.
    01-03-2015 05:09 AM
    Usually an App or a function of the the OS is stuck running, first, do a power down, power off phone then restart. Then go into phone setting and look for Apps and see what's running, if you see an App running that you know you don't want running go into that Apps setting and uncheck anything about it updating automatically or make it go 4 hours for updates, not every 15 minutes or none. Most phones get a bad rap for short battery life but typically when we install and App we don't manually set it up so that App defaults to maximum updates looking for new data. The more Apps the more drain.
    01-03-2015 06:42 AM
    I have done nothing with my phone yet it has severely dropped from 87% to 21% through the night, I have just let mobile data on so that I can get push notifications. Here are my battery stats:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-03-09-47-48.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	157729

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-03-09-48-18.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	158.4 KB 
ID:	157730

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-03-09-48-28.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	157731
    Anyone with the same problems? How can I fix my battery issues?
    Poor cell reception can eat battery at a pretty rapid pace. Yours is not very good, so I would guess that's your biggest problem. Do you have wifi where you live? If so, connect to wifi overnight and see if there's a difference.
    01-03-2015 12:48 PM
    Poor cell reception can eat battery at a pretty rapid pace. Yours is not very good, so I would guess that's your biggest problem. Do you have wifi where you live? If so, connect to wifi overnight and see if there's a difference.
    He doesn't have one stitch of red in his mobile network bar. That can't be it. Obviously, it is something in Android system, but what? It could be dozens of things. I suggest getting GSam and see what apps your phone is using the most. Something is running pretty constant and just sucking your battery dry.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    01-03-2015 02:02 PM
    What is the H+ in your status bar next to your signal? Is that some type of mobile hot-spot?

01-03-2015 02:05 PM
    You might have a wake lock issue . download wake lock detector from the play store

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Klovis 27 likes this.
    01-03-2015 02:12 PM
    He doesn't have one stitch of red in his mobile network bar. That can't be it.
    He doesn't have any green in it, either. His coverage is mediocre, and it's eating more battery than it would on good wifi. It's worth it to compare the results with wifi on all night as a baseline.
    01-03-2015 02:48 PM
    What is the H+ in your status bar next to your signal? Is that some type of mobile hot-spot?

H = HSPA
    H+ = HSPA+

The arrows show upstream traffic and downstream traffic over the HSPA networks.
    01-03-2015 02:51 PM
    One thing is for sure, wake time bar is nearly fully blue. That ain't good over several hours unless screen time is several hours too. Definitely a wakelock issue compounded by low signal strength. The question is, what is keeping the device awake? I'd start with clearing cache and data for Google play services and work through other Google applications first since Google services shows up at the top of the list of apps on the batter stats page.
    01-03-2015 04:38 PM
    It's HSPA+, as 4G isn't out here where I live yet.
    01-03-2015 05:54 PM
    One thing is for sure, wake time bar is nearly fully blue. That ain't good over several hours unless screen time is several hours too. Definitely a wakelock issue compounded by low signal strength. The question is, what is keeping the device awake?
    That is what I noticed, but don't see anything obvious keeping it awake.
    01-03-2015 05:57 PM
    Its a wakelock issue, nothing to do with the signal strength, i have the same poor signal at my house and i lose only 3% battery overnight.
    01-03-2015 08:02 PM
    its a wakelock problem.I had the same problem bu' with wakelock detector I found the app causing the drain and fixed it!

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-05-2015 01:46 AM
    Uninstall unncessary junkwares which usually ship with the device. it should help little bit
    01-05-2015 02:15 AM
    I wouldn't say it had anything to do with his cell reception ... Or I should say I don't believe that was the biggest drain. If you look you can see his phone was awake the entire time (pretty much) even though he didn't have the screen on.

@ OP - I would you say you have an app misbehaving. I would download wakelock detector to see what is keeping your phone awake like that.
    01-05-2015 11:38 AM
    I wouldn't say it had anything to do with his cell reception ... Or I should say I don't believe that was the biggest drain. If you look you can see his phone was awake the entire time (pretty much) even though he didn't have the screen on.

@ OP - I would you say you have an app misbehaving. I would download wakelock detector to see what is keeping your phone awake like that.
    But doesn't wake lock detector require root access on KitKat?
    01-06-2015 07:34 AM
    But doesn't wake lock detector require root access on KitKat?
    It does but there is a work around . Follow the directions here

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kelockdetector

Mohammed Abib likes this.
    01-06-2015 02:23 PM
    Mines crappy too...i dont have the patience to mess around with it
    Attached Thumbnails Why is my battery draining so fast?-screenshot_2015-01-06-11-14-43.jpg   Why is my battery draining so fast?-screenshot_2015-01-06-11-14-48.jpg  
    01-06-2015 03:29 PM
    It does but there is a work around . Follow the directions here

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kelockdetector

Thank you for your intervention, just a little off-topic question since you are a moderator and know better than me here, is there anyway to delete a comment in this forum?
    01-06-2015 05:29 PM
    Mines crappy too...i dont have the patience to mess around with it
    Try to use pandora or Spotify or google play music to see if you have the same issue.

01-07-2015 08:58 AM
    Thank you for your intervention, just a little off-topic question since you are a moderator and know better than me here, is there anyway to delete a comment in this forum?
    I believe you can. If you have problems, please pm me the link and I can review it. Generally though we don't remove posts unless there is a problem.

01-07-2015 09:48 AM
    I believe you can. If you have problems, please pm me the link and I can review it. Generally though we don't remove posts unless there is a problem.

Nope there ain't any in the mean time, I just wondered if one could.
    And the work around you talked about is too damn outwearing and you have to re-do it everytime you reboot your phone !
    But I guess I don't have a choice. Thank you again for your help.
    01-07-2015 03:54 PM
    It is tedious but it is the only way to see it without root. It can be very helpful if you have a wake lock issue

01-07-2015 08:49 PM
    So I was also complaining about the battery life when I got my Note 4, 3 days ago and noticed something. Out of the box the Note 4 comes with the Fast Charging feature set to "On". When I charged the phone with the fast charge it drained substantially fast.

So last night I found the setting and turned that off. Let it charge regularly overnight and today my battery life is phenomenal. I'm at 30%-ish and it's been off the charger for 15 hours and I've been using this thing like crazy all day with all the background features and apps running. I'm talking Google Now, Wifi on constantly, everything. So charging normally seems to have done the trick for me.
    01-07-2015 09:38 PM
    So I was also complaining about the battery life when I got my Note 4, 3 days ago and noticed something. Out of the box the Note 4 comes with the Fast Charging feature set to "On". When I charged the phone with the fast charge it drained substantially fast.

So last night I found the setting and turned that off. Let it charge regularly overnight and today my battery life is phenomenal. I'm at 30%-ish and it's been off the charger for 15 hours and I've been using this thing like crazy all day with all the background features and apps running. I'm talking Google Now, Wifi on constantly, everything. So charging normally seems to have done the trick for me.
    That's strange, not consistent with what I think the majority of users see when using Fast Charging. Would you be willing to test with it set to On again to see if doing the "normal" charge somehow reset something?
    TheOpusFuller likes this.
    01-07-2015 10:53 PM
26 12