I've had my Note 4 for about 3 months (it replaced a Blackberry Bold 9900), and on the whole I'm well pleased with it - I like the bigger screen, Android OS (lots of nice apps to pick from) and the stylus for the on-screen keyboard. However I have one little niggle. On my Blackberry I could set it up to go to sleep around bedtime and wake up again at breakfast time, and could even make the sleep and wake-up times different at the weekends. I've looked through the manual (yes, I *DID* RTFM...) and tried web searches but without any success in finding whether (and if so, how) I can get the Note 4 to do the same as the Blackberry. Can anyone suggest a way to do it please? Or am I asking for the moon?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ian
    01-03-2015 10:38 AM
    I don't think you can make it go to sleep but it has a blocking mode that I use. I block all notifications from 11-8. Have you tried that?

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-03-2015 11:15 AM
    I use blocking mode too. You can set the times Not to receive anything or you can set a custom list to receive calls from certain numbers...in case there's an emergency. I like it

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    01-03-2015 11:27 AM
    I've had my Note 4 for about 3 months (it replaced a Blackberry Bold 9900), and on the whole I'm well pleased with it - I like the bigger screen, Android OS (lots of nice apps to pick from) and the stylus for the on-screen keyboard. However I have one little niggle. On my Blackberry I could set it up to go to sleep around bedtime and wake up again at breakfast time, and could even make the sleep and wake-up times different at the weekends. I've looked through the manual (yes, I *DID* RTFM...) and tried web searches but without any success in finding whether (and if so, how) I can get the Note 4 to do the same as the Blackberry. Can anyone suggest a way to do it please? Or am I asking for the moon?

Ian
    Hi & welcome to Android Central. Congrats on your Note 4 . With the stock alarm clock app, you can set several different alarms & also select the days for each. In other words, if you want a alarm to go off at 5a.m. from Mon thru Fri. and on Sat & Sun's. have the alarm set for 8am.

Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!
    01-04-2015 06:33 PM

Ian
    Just to be clear...when u say sleep, u mean shutting off your phone? and then rebooting your phone automatically?

or u just merely talking about blocking all the notifications and making your phone go mute @ night?

If it's the 1st option...tht's a tough one!

If it's the 2nd option...tht's easy!
    01-04-2015 07:00 PM
    I don't think you can make it go to sleep but it has a blocking mode that I use. I block all notifications from 11-8. Have you tried that?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Blocking mode is great except that it DOESN'T block Whtsap notifications for some reason...I think Whtsapp has this bug with Samsung that the blocking mode doesn't work. I use a different app for blocking my notifications cuz of this bug.
    Plus with blocking mode, i don't like how the symbol stays in the notification bar even though the mode isn't active!
    01-04-2015 07:02 PM
    Blocking mode is great except that it DOESN'T block Whtsap notifications for some reason...I think Whtsapp has this bug with Samsung that the blocking mode doesn't work. I use a different app for blocking my notifications cuz of this bug.
    Plus with blocking mode, i don't like how the symbol stays in the notification bar even though the mode isn't active!
    That bugs me too...but it works well for me for now. I look like I know What I'm doing with all the icons lined all the way across the top of my device. Little do they know! Lol

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    Android D likes this.
    01-04-2015 07:09 PM
    That bugs me too...but it works well for me for now. I look like I know What I'm doing with all the icons lined all the way across the top of my device. Little do they know! Lol

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    LOL...as long as u cool with me...I like my notification bar to be clean...I think it's my OCD though..lol
    MightyMike likes this.
    01-04-2015 07:15 PM
    LOL...as long as u cool with me...I like my notification bar to be clean...I think it's my OCD though..lol
    Lol...it's all good! Lol

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    01-04-2015 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD