Hello to all of you, this is my experience with the samsung note 4. And it is not good at all.
    I bought it in Paris (I am a french journalist) as soon as it was available mid-november in la FNAC Saint Lazarre department store. I paid full price with no reduction.
    For 2 weeks, exactly 18 days, it worked fine.
    After that time, strange block of grey came on pictures (1 out of 10), covering 50 to 100% of the image.
    I changed the card but it did not change the problem.
    I went back to la Fnac, asked for refund, but they said after 2 weeks, it had to be fixed by Samsung. I was not very confident as, looking on internet, these problems have also occurend in the States and Samsung does not know how to fix it.
    5 days later, la Fnac called me to say the mobile was waiting for me. But they told me Samsung had made no reparation as they did not spot any problem! They just made an update of the system.
    It worked again fine for 2 weeks. And there it came again! Large block of grey, but also red and yellows corrupting photographies.
    best for me is to show it with pictures. A catastrophic experience with the note 4 camera-1.jpg
    This mobile has definitly a problem! A catastrophic experience with the note 4 camera-note-photo-4.jpg

A catastrophic experience with the note 4 camera-note-photo-5.jpg
    01-03-2015 06:48 PM
    this is could be a hardware issue, or a software issue. It seems to be happening effect of the hardware working (camera taking photo, something in the software, whether a defect in the camera code or defect in how it is being save, or hardware, such as a funky microSD card, something of that sort is causing this to happen...

and as far as Note 4's shipping with Lollipop, I haven't seen or heard of that, but again I could be wrong, as I got mine on release day, and my note edge, a few weeks after release...

It is rather unfortunate, but hopefully it can be corrected soon, either with a new device or firmware update.

Hope this helps
    montral7 likes this.
    01-03-2015 08:18 PM
    Lollipop seems to have more bugs than code.

Montral, bring the phone back to the store, speak to someone in charge (the store manager if you can) and show him or her that the problem exists. (Cellphones aren't strange things that no one has ever seen - let the person play with your phone, taking pictures, looking at them, whatever that person wants to do to ascertain that there's definitely a problem.)

Then ask them to send the phone back to Samsung with their letter telling Samsung that they've seen the problem, that it's already been back to Samsung for repair, and that if Samsung can't repair it they (the store) would like credit so they can replace the phone for you. Or maybe the store deals with a distributor (that's how it works in the US), but they can do the same thing with the distributor.

The eventual loss should be Samsung's. It definitely shouldn't be yours. Check your local laws - you may have recourse even after 2 weeks. (For example, we have a warranty of merchantability - an item can't be sold for a purpose unless it can perform that purpose. Your phone is sold to, among other things, take pictures, so it has to be able to take pictures. Here, the store would be required by law to take responsibility to make sure you had a phone that could take pictures or you got your money back. And here, if you were forced to sue to enforce your rights, the store would end up paying your attorney. See how the laws work in France.)
    anon8380037 likes this.
    01-03-2015 11:16 PM
    Are you saving your images to an SD card?? If so, try saving them to internal memory. I've seen that happen with bad SD cards - and my experience has been ALL SD cards are bad that aren't "Samsung" branded. YMMV
    MightyMike likes this.
    01-04-2015 01:37 AM
    It is going to be a hard work to fight them as this post seem to be blocked. I do not know the reason...
    01-04-2015 12:01 PM
    Are you saving your images to an SD card?? If so, try saving them to internal memory. I've seen that happen with bad SD cards - and my experience has been ALL SD cards are bad that aren't "Samsung" branded. YMMV
    Exactly what happened to me. I saved my pictures to internal instead of my sd card and now all my pictures are displaying perfectly. I was having the same issue as you montral7.
    01-04-2015 12:10 PM
    I have changed two times my SD card. But I am going to try the internal solution, and see what happens. Thanks a lot
    01-04-2015 02:24 PM
    I got my N4 a week ago. It has Kitkat.
    01-04-2015 02:26 PM
    In France, the consumer is much weaker than in the states, facing those huge companies. But I will follow your advices, thank you. And sorry for my poor english...
    01-04-2015 02:52 PM
    In France, the consumer is much weaker than in the states, facing those huge companies. But I will follow your advices, thank you. And sorry for my poor english...
    Montreal- I just wanted to say I'm so sorry to hear what has happened to you after purchasing an otherwise incredible device! It seemed as though Rukbat had some very sound advice for you. Stand your ground, in cases like this I've found that while nastiness doesn't pay, persistence is really the key! The Note 4 certainly isn't a cheap device & after laying out your hard earned $$$ you deserve a fully functioning device! Good luck & I sincerely hope you that you have a new device in hand very soon!!

Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!
    anon8380037 likes this.
    01-04-2015 05:47 PM
    Same thing happened with my pics using my note 3 last year. They all slowly went half grey and then disappeared! Turns out I had a corrupted sd card.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-05-2015 05:19 AM
    01-05-2015 08:22 AM
    It looks defective. I would get it exchanged.
    01-05-2015 10:37 AM
    I would definitely try saving internally and see what happens.

With the SD cards you tried, were they Class 10/UHS 3? Or a lower class card? What you're describing seems more like a card write corruption than an actual issue with the phone, but I could be wrong.
    01-05-2015 10:42 AM
    Sorry, no, it happened with 2 different SD cards, the first one was a 16 GB LEXAR HIGH SPEED, suppose to be of excellent quality and the second a Kingston 64 GB Class 10 -from which the photographies have been charged.
    By the way, THE TITLE of this post has been changed!! I had written" a catastrophic experience with the note 4" and it has been changed to "a catastrophic experience with the note 4 camera".
    I think however that a problem of this sort is not reduced to a camera problem.
    01-05-2015 02:49 PM
    I am using it without any external card.
    It is doing exactly the same when I save it INTERNALLY. The pictures are getting grey and yellow, completly corrupted.
    Internally and Sd card are doing the same!!
    This is why it is not a problem with the camera but with the whole system.
    01-05-2015 04:01 PM
    Well, to judge how difficult it is to communicate on the subject, the title of this post has been changed from "a catastrophic experience with the Note 4" to a ""a catastrophic experience with the Note 4 camera".
    And then this post has been pushed down from the general discussion on the Note 4 to a small topic on "Note 4 accessories"...
    I do not not know what is going to happen next.... A discussion on birds maybe?
    01-05-2015 05:11 PM
    Well, to judge how difficult it is to communicate on the subject, the title of this post has been changed from "a catastrophic experience with the Note 4" to a ""a catastrophic experience with the Note 4 camera".
    And then this post has been pushed down from the general discussion on the Note 4 to a small topic on "Note 4 accessories"...
    I do not not know what is going to happen next.... A discussion on birds maybe?
    It's still in the main forum; the Accessories forum link is just pointing to an existing sub-forum.
    01-05-2015 05:17 PM