Note 4 Problems (Camera and Restarting)

SamSamsung11

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Long time lurker here, first time poster.

I got my Note 4 a couple of months ago and the phone has been fantastic up until the last week. I am seeing more and more bugs and problems which are making me think I should request a repair or exchange from the service provider I am with. The two big problems that have happened are:

Phone has restarted on me twice. I googled and found and other people are having the same problem too. (I checked for most of the common solutions given and I don't use an SD card which sometimes causes the problem, made sure the battery was inserted properly etc.)
The more confusing one is that the camera just stops working. What I mean is that that I will go to camera and the screen will just go blank with the camera options showing but everything is frozen. The only way to get the camera working is to restart the phone. That's happened about 2-3 times as well.

With a phone like this I am not happy with these problems, especially the camera bug.

Has anybody else had these problems? Any tips/suggestions/recommendations are welcome and much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Samsung will occasionally push various updates to the phones that result in restarts. I think it happens more than we realize. It happened with my S3, and has happened once (that I've noticed) on my N4.

SamSamsung11

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Samsung will occasionally push various updates to the phones that result in restarts. I think it happens more than we realize. It happened with my S3, and has happened once (that I've noticed) on my N4.

Thanks for the reply but I was simply browsing my email at the time and it restarted. Don't think there have been any Note 4 updates recently. I googled the problem and apparently many others note 4 users have this problem as well. Mine hasn't become chronic but even once is not cool.

I still don't know what to make of the camera problem where the screen just goes black and I can see the camera options but the phone's frozen.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply but I was simply browsing my email at the time and it restarted. Don't think there have been any Note 4 updates recently. I googled the problem and apparently many others note 4 users have this problem as well. Mine hasn't become chronic but even once is not cool.

Samsung pushes additional updates occasionally. Security-related and other things related to their software. I've had my Samsung phones reboot while I'm using them, too.

Last year about this time, a bunch of us using the GS3 on AT&T had a random reboot that resulted in horrific battery drain. About a month later, another random reboot and the problem was fixed.

They slip stuff to our phones separate from the big carrier updates. They're never announced.

SamSamsung11

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Samsung pushes additional updates occasionally. Security-related and other things related to their software. I've had my Samsung phones reboot while I'm using them, too.

Last year about this time, a bunch of us using the GS3 on AT&T had a random reboot that resulted in horrific battery drain. About a month later, another random reboot and the problem was fixed.

They slip stuff to our phones separate from the big carrier updates. They're never announced.

Well let's hope that's the case. It happened twice in two days and since then hasn't happened again but the same thing happened with my GS2 in the last few days I had it. It started occasionally and by the end was a chronic problem happening almost once a day.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Well let's hope that's the case. It happened twice in two days and since then hasn't happened again but the same thing happened with my GS2 in the last few days I had it. It started occasionally and by the end was a chronic problem happening almost once a day.

Once a day is certainly not normal. If it happens more than just once in a while, have it looked at.

SamSamsung11

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Bump since the camera problem reappeared again. Turned the camera on and it was blank. Restarted the phone and it's fine now. Very annoying. Any help? Thanks. Will reformatting the phone help?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wkenneth

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
I also had the same camera problem. It crashed when I startup the camera. If I restart, the camera becomes ok. Should I send to service centre for repair? Mine still under warranty. Advice needed. Tks

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech