Are my touch key lights working properly?

nplateau77

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I have only had my Note 4 for a couple of days now, but I think something peculiar is happening. Whenever I touch the screen on my Note 4, the touch key lights come on. I don't really remember this happening before, rather I recollect that they only came on when I touched the actual touch keys. I have them set to 1.5 seconds, and that's all well and fine, but I don't believe they are supposed to come on when I just touch the screen.

I have watched a few videos to see how the Note 4 of reviewers work, and the touch key lights don't come on when they just touch or swipe the screen. Please help. Your time and responses are very much appreciated.

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I have only had my Note 4 for a couple of days now, but I think something peculiar is happening. Whenever I touch the screen on my Note 4, the touch key lights come on. I don't really remember this happening before, rather I recollect that they only came on when I touched the actual touch keys. I have them set to 1.5 seconds, and that's all well and fine, but I don't believe they are supposed to come on when I just touch the screen.

I have watched a few videos to see how the Note 4 of reviewers work, and the touch key lights don't come on when they just touch or swipe the screen. Please help. Your time and responses are very much appreciated.

hmm strange that u have noticed it cuz mine comes on when I touch the screen!

nplateau77

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
That's very strange. I just watched another video, this one by Marquez Brownlee on youtube (I would post a link but since I don't have enough posts I can't). In the video, whenever he touches the screen or swipes, the touch key lights do not come on at all. The only time they come on, is when the touch keys are actually touched. Is my phone defective?

americasteam

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Your Note works perfectly fine. Not sure why his act like that in the video. Maybe he's running a custom rom that has that option baked in.

The reason they're supposed to light up when the screen is touched is to let the user know where they're at. I keep mine off.

brothamoveson

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
If you go to settings/display/touch key lights you can adjust the setting there. So everything is fine I'm sure you can also set the lights to never come on.

Posted from my Note 4 baby.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
If one has power saving mode enabled, the key lights don't turn on. I just turned power saving mode off (I have it on all the time) and my keys lit up every time I touched the screen. Your phone is fine. If you see videos where they're not coming on, that person most likely has power saving mode enabled.

altec135

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Well just noticed mine was not lit even though I was touching screen and the buttons. Checked setting and it's suppose to be on Always. I even did a full restart lastnight before I went to bed. Figured out though when I go back to settings and turn it off then go out of settings then go back into settings and turn it to Always On, the buttons lit up. So there is definitely a glitch, at least on my phone. Just got this phone a week ago.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think it is a software glitch. Happens on my note 4 and tab pro 8.4 occasionally. A restart will fix it for a while

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Well just noticed mine was not lit even though I was touching screen and the buttons. Checked setting and it's suppose to be on Always. I even did a full restart lastnight before I went to bed. Figured out though when I go back to settings and turn it off then go out of settings then go back into settings and turn it to Always On, the buttons lit up. So there is definitely a glitch, at least on my phone. Just got this phone a week ago.

Make sure power saving mode is turned off. If that is turned on the touch keys will not turn on at all

Mr-Guy

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
It can be turned off as the previous post suggested I wasn't aware of this and just turned mine off to save battery life.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yash Sahijwani1

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Hey this is isn't a glitch or anything to worry at all, this differs on the model numbers sadly. My friends use n910f and one used n910F which have touch key lights turning on Only when you touch the buttons. Whereas I use an N910A by at&t and touch key lights turn on when the screen is touched as well as the buttons. Hope this clears all doubts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci