***Tasker Geeks....Shows us your NOTE 4 Automatons here**

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
For the advanced android users, I am sure u all must have heard about tasker with which u can automate your phone.

So if u all don't mind sharing what automation u have set up with your note 4...tht would be awesome!

Me...I have a couple...One where I have no security when I am @ home..>The moment I step away from home, my lock screen goes to password mode.

Second one...This is fairly simple one...I have automated the volume for different sounds on my phone for a set time period of the day..At the end of that time period, my phone returns to original volume level!

:)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: ***Tasker Geeks....Shows us ur NOTE 4 Automatons here**

Use your "away from home" task to enable mobile data (disable it on exit, since you're home using wifi) and turn off USB debugging when you're away from home (or someone can connect your phone to a computer and wipe the security and get into the phone).

You can also change the screen timeout on a per-app basis. I have book readers set to 5 minutes, so I can sit and read a page without having to touch the screen every 30 seconds. When Maps is the foreground app, GPS turns on.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

Use your "away from home" task to enable mobile data (disable it on exit, since you're home using wifi) and turn off USB debugging when you're away from home (or someone can connect your phone to a computer and wipe the security and get into the phone).

You can also change the screen timeout on a per-app basis. I have book readers set to 5 minutes, so I can sit and read a page without having to touch the screen every 30 seconds. When Maps is the foreground app, GPS turns on.

About the GPS turning on thing, you have to be rooted to do that correct?

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Things I currently have running:

• 5:00AM daily: restore all volume levels, ensure wifi, BT and sync are on, reboot phone to clear recent apps.
  • In-car (on BT connect): read any incoming text message out loud.
  • In-car (on BT connect): set media volume to predetermined amount, start Google Play music.
  • At work (on Wifi connect at work): set media volume to predetermined level. Disable sync services to save on battery since I'm at a workstation all day and don't need to use my phone for anything.

Things I'm planning on adding:

• Turning sync off/on at set times during the day if I'm at work to save on battery usage.
  • Automatically responding to SMS messages while driving to let the sender know that I'm driving (there's a way to do this on first SMS from a person so they can spam you without your phone sending an automated response to every one of their texts).
  • Automatically turning the phone to silent mode when in meetings (to be set by keyword in calendar events) and auto responding to SMS messages that I'll return their text after my meeting.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

I have a bunch. A night and morning modes that trigger handy apps for each, Data on/off switch, check bank account balance via SMS with one click, stop the calculator from talking back to me, PIN protect some individual apps. Just to name a few. (No root needed for any of these)

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

I tried to have GPS running for apps that need GPS like G Maps, Yelp etc, but I kept getting a message that from Android 4.4+, it no longer supports that.

And i guess it's true cuz my GPS doesn't turn on until I use G Maps or other GPS demanding apps...not like previous phones when I had to manually turn on GPS for every single app!

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

Here's another battery saving task that i read about...Disable wifi searching feature when u r away from home, and re-connect to home wifi when u come back home...that way when u r away from home, ur phone doesn't search for wifi.

Problem i have noticed with this task is that when I am @ home, my wifi-connections seems dropping every time with this task, enabling mobile data and then soon after connecting to home wifi again.

The way I set up this task was to connect to the closest mobile tower from my home so that my phone knows i am back @ home!

Any other work arounds for this?

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

• 5:00AM daily: restore all volume levels, ensure wifi, BT and sync are on, reboot phone to clear recent apps.
  • In-car (on BT connect): set media volume to predetermined amount, start Google Play music.
  • At work (on Wifi connect at work): set media volume to predetermined level. Disable sync services to save on battery since I'm at a workstation all day and don't need to use my phone for anything.

• Turning sync off/on at set times during the day if I'm at work to save on battery usage.
  • Automatically responding to SMS messages while driving to let the sender know that I'm driving (there's a way to do this on first SMS from a person so they can spam you without your phone sending an automated response to every one of their texts).
  • Automatically turning the phone to silent mode when in meetings (to be set by keyword in calendar events) and auto responding to SMS messages that I'll return their text after my meeting.

Have you ever tried setting up a task where when u r driving, ur phone automatically replies to incoming texts?

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

And i am guessing since u have the task which reboots ur phone, ur phone is rooted?

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

And i am guessing since u have the task which reboots ur phone, ur phone is rooted?

Yes, T-Mobile variant on AT&T. Running Dynamic ROM with a bunch of xposed modules and root applications.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Have you ever tried setting up a task where when u r driving, ur phone automatically replies to incoming texts?

You'll notice that is #2 on my to do list. I haven't tried it yet but I have seen a how-to on it on Youtube.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

You'll notice that is #2 on my to do list. I haven't tried it yet but I have seen a how-to on it on Youtube.

do you have the link for the Youtube video that was most helpful to get the SMS reply to work?

rmadrid20

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I need a tasker when connected to my bt opens screen mirroring and opens and click run in an app called aurchainged, can you guys help me plese?

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

I checked out that video on youtube, but I am the kinda person who deosn't have BT running on my phone all the time...I am guessing with that task u have set up where u BT turns on @ 5AM everyday, u have BT running all day except when u go to bed @ night?

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

http://youtu.be/QoMJlw1XoN0

Like I said its on my to-do list meaning to say I have not implemented this yet.

I have read about a task where u can do all of this without having connected to a in-car bluetooth...instead, the believe that task uses ur phone speed and if it's greater than let's say 5mph, u phone will automatically reply to text messages!

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

I checked out that video on youtube, but I am the kinda person who deosn't have BT running on my phone all the time...I am guessing with that task u have set up where u BT turns on @ 5AM everyday, u have BT running all day except when u go to bed @ night?

Yeah I have BT on all the time basically. I have a tasker profile setup that warns me of any BT connections being made, nothing fancy just a tone and vibration alert. Other than that I'm not too concerned about having BT enabled all of the time.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

I use it for two things. One, to fix an issue I'm having with my Note 4. Two, to launch audio apps.

1. My Note 4 has an odd issue which I was never able to figure out the cause. Every morning at 6:00 am it would turn the notifications volume up and also the other volume levels up to random levels. Needless to say, I didn't like the random noises at loud volume going off for some random email or other notification before it's time to wake up. My wife didn't either.

So I wrote a Tasker task to check & record every volume level all night long every 2 min until I could figure out when the volume was getting changed. Thinking this would help me figure out if it was consistent (maybe find the culprit) or random.

It helped me narrow it down the time to 6:00 am, consistently everyday but still random levels. I never found the true cause.

So I changed the same task to just set all the volume levels to zero everyday at 6:02 am. Problem solved, or at least masked with duct tape. :^) And I can literally rest easy now vs being shocked awake.

2. I created a task to run a simple tasker app (an overlay) so that whenever I plug in my headphones, it launches. It lists all the apps that have audio capabilities (the ones I choose). So I can easily choose what to listen to. Pretty cool. See the attached picture for what that looks like.

Attachments

• 1421893354155.jpg
    1421893354155.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 74

Thomas Card

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site

Hey is there anyone that is willing, able, motivated & trustworthy enough to either revamp this thread or start a new one so that all of us can have a lot more form & function/organization for all of these great ''tasks", for example have a permanent page that stays at the beginning of the thread & is consistently updated every time someone posts a new & different ''task" to use in "Tasker" with two different section/parts separating the particular ''tasks" by 1st "Not Needing To Be Rooted To Use The ''task" In "Tasker" & 2nd "Needs To Be Rooted To Use The ''task"? Or have still the two separate columns but the 2nd could contain all of the "tasks" that have any kind of prerequisites to be able to use them? I think that if someone diligent & reliable enough could make that happen, then it would without doubt become so much easier for all "Tasker" current users or those that are just on the edge about buying the app not to mention it would greatly reduce the entire length of the thread "by eliminating so many questions", there would be no need to have to scroll/scan through the entire thread to ensure they have seen every viable "task" they could choose from that they very possibly haven't even heard of.

For all that post please include whether or not the "task" your informing us all of that you personally use, have used or have found "from a source _____?making sure it does in fact work to the best of your knowledge" stating the source & if there are any prerequisites to using it successfully, so that whomever if anyone is able to properly categorize it & inform anyone of anything the may need to use it, also include what version android your using "if that matters" along with the previously stated "whether your rooted or not".

Sorry I'd be more than willing to do this to keep all informed that are interested, but I'm unsure of how to not make/ design such form but how I'd be able to make it consistently remain at the beginning of the thread. Thank you to all that contribute or choose to take on this desperately needed roll of organization or whomever could tell me how to do this, cuz I have accumulated quite a few "tasks" non needing root & storing them in an Excel spreadsheet to organize them all making it streamlined for searching by paraphrasing what exactly they each do with descriptions immediately following & then instructions on how to implement each one for use. Thanks TOM

Posted via the Android Central App