01-06-2015 11:35 AM
    The device is expected to be packed with a high performance octa-core processor by Intel Corp. Still expected to stay in same series of previously used Qualcomm, I guess the exact model is Snapdragon 805. While the chipset is expected to be Snapdragon 810.

Yeah, that sounds credible. Haha A Samsung phone with an Intel processor that is still Qualcomm's? The author should really proof read his/her lies (didn't even bother to see who/what wrote this).
    akutch34 and Musket like this.
    01-06-2015 11:46 AM
    Pretty sure it's a joke, that whole site seems to be.

Well that, and the fact it seems to be written by a middle-schooler at best. Kind of a disappointing view on the future of humanity really.
    akutch34 likes this.
    01-06-2015 12:03 PM
    It's not that far-fetched - at least the part about a 55 mp camera - the Nokia Lumia 1020 has been out a couple of years now and has a 41mp camera.
    01-06-2015 12:39 PM
    It's not that far-fetched - at least the part about a 55 mp camera - the Nokia Lumia 1020 has been out a couple of years now and has a 41mp camera.
    The Lumia had that going for it as a selling point. The Note line has never been 'selling' the camera (even though they do have some of the best ones out there), it's always about the screen size/tech and S-Pen. 55MP to the general user is complete overkill. 16MP is already too much, but if they do upgrade, I don't see it being anything over 22MP this year.

Their Galaxy Camera line, however, is another story.
    akutch34 likes this.
    01-06-2015 01:32 PM
    The Lumia had that going for it as a selling point. The Note line has never been 'selling' the camera (even though they do have some of the best ones out there), it's always about the screen size/tech and S-Pen. 55MP to the general user is complete overkill. 16MP is already too much, but if they do upgrade, I don't see it being anything over 22MP this year.

Their Galaxy Camera line, however, is another story.
    Frankly, I hope they downgrade the MP count - to something like 8mp. The only reason anyone would need more than that on a phone camera was if they were going to print very large images. A high megapixel count just means smaller pixel size, which translates to poorer image quality, especially in low light.

But, marketing what it is, I would be surprised if the next generation Note doesn't have a higher mp count.
    akutch34 likes this.
    01-06-2015 01:40 PM
    And they all get downsampled in software on the fly, which is slow as dirt because they took out the processor chip that was in the 808 Pureview. The photos look good but you better hope your subject is sitting perfectly still. Very, very slow overall.

The Note 4 takes very good pictures and is much more responsive, so I don't miss the 1020 camera too much.
    01-06-2015 02:04 PM
    Frankly, I hope they downgrade the MP count - to something like 8mp. The only reason anyone would need more than that on a phone camera was if they were going to print very large images. A high megapixel count just means smaller pixel size, which translates to poorer image quality, especially in low light.

But, marketing what it is, I would be surprised if the next generation Note doesn't have a higher mp count.
    You could always change the MP setting to something less than 16 (such as 8 or 6) if you don't want 16 megapixel photos.
    01-06-2015 04:21 PM