I installed Greenify and had it hibernate every program that is not needed to be running all of the time. I'm not sure it has made my battery life any better. Are others using this effectively or is it not needed on the Note 4. I'm on Verizon so not rooted.
    01-06-2015 02:11 PM
    It seems to have given me a little better battery life on a few phones, but I normally don't keep garbage that runs in the background doing things I don't need done, so it's not keeping all that much from running. (I won't update unless there's a root for the update, and that's one of the reasons.) I also have auto-updates disabled and email is push. There are a lot of battery-saving tricks and whenever I hear of one that might work, I try it. If it works I keep it.

Search the web for android battery saving tips and you'll be reading until autumn turns to winter again.
    01-06-2015 02:32 PM
    Agree with Rukbat, it never ends LOL.

Since everyone uses their devices differently and installs different applications it's hard to have one definitive best practice.

Most effective way to control battery is a layered approach using various settings, services and tools but not all tools are available to users who don't root. Greenify is just one tool, and a rather limited one if the user doesn't have root so they're unable to determine the full battery impacts of all settings on the phone. Even with root though it's not always easy to find battery draining apps and services, it takes experience and patience.
    01-06-2015 05:48 PM
    I use it. I am not sure that it is needed. I forget to hibernate my apps most of the time and I get really good battery life. There some apps, as I'm sure you know, that will eventually restart themselves after a while. This one of those apps you will have to test for yourself on this phone. On my last phone, GS3, it really helped.
    PookiePrancer likes this.
    01-06-2015 08:22 PM