Is there a way to set up the phone to just read texts aloud by hitting s voice and saying read text like siri does.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-06-2015 05:24 PM
    Let's give this a bump cause I wanna know too.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!
    01-06-2015 09:24 PM
    I don't use it but if I did I would go to Settings>General>Language and input>SPEECH>Read notifications aloud> select choices

Then maybe this

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result
    MightyMike likes this.
    01-06-2015 10:15 PM
    The phone settings option only reads out that you got a text, and says the contact's name. The Gear Circle headphones have the functionality to read the entire message via the Gear app.

Klauslaw1 likes this.
    01-06-2015 10:36 PM
    George u r right. Just another thing S voice can't do. It also can't create an ongoing list such as a shopping list. So ridiculous. Simple tasks that Siri can do.

01-06-2015 11:23 PM
    George u r right. Just another thing S voice can't do. It also can't create an ongoing list such as a shopping list. So ridiculous. Simple tasks that Siri can do.

U know u can just get your S-pen out and jot down a shopping list.
    And btw when u say SIRI can create a shopping list, how accurate is it?
    Chris Beaudoin likes this.
    01-06-2015 11:37 PM

There are numerous apps that can replicate siri functions. Skyvi seems to come closest.
    01-06-2015 11:39 PM
    U know u can just get your S-pen out and jot down a shopping list.
    And btw when u say SIRI can create a shopping list, how accurate is it?
    LMAO to the spen comment. I have read so many posts talking about all the things s voice can't do. I have no issues with it all all. I use my Gear s and Gear circle with my note edge and it all works so smooth. If I need to make a list I pull out the spen and make a quick action memo and write it down.

I use s voice almost 20 times a day to add calander events, check sports scores, weather, send texts, make calls. I have almost 100% success. Or I can use the voice recorder in voice memo mode and it will do voice to text.

I know when I open s voice and say read texts from Ashley, it reads them. When i use my Gear circle, as soon as I activate s voice from the headset, it says new text message from whoever then reads it.

I wish you luck with the shopping list thing.

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic and feature rich Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.✒✒
    MightyMike likes this.
    01-07-2015 03:09 AM
    S voice cannot read out the text and the list issue is a problem for sone of us. Ik I can use the s pen but that is a pain. The bottom line is it can't do it. That the s pen is an option Is not the answer. And my wife's Siri works perfect for lists. I don't know why people feel so strongly they have to defend the phone. It's a great phone but it has its issues like al phone do.

01-07-2015 06:17 PM
    Is there an app that will allow sms to be read out at specific times or situations?

Life for example, I want my sms to be read out when I am at home and not when I am out and about. Even in the car occasionally would be awesome.
    01-09-2015 10:59 AM
    I use ReadItToMe Pro. It comes on automatically when bluetooth is engaged or headphones plugged in. That is perfect for me when driving, etc.
    SGN4 likes this.
    01-09-2015 02:15 PM
    The problem that i have is that I want the phone to read out my messages when I am at home on the phones speaker.

When I am out and about in the car, then via the car's speaker or phone speaker. Ie I want it to be location specific.
    01-09-2015 02:46 PM
    ReadItToMe Pro has an always-on feature. If that doesnt work for you, SMS Reader by Braun Read gives you a simple widget that allows you to manually turn on and off reading SMS's aloud. Just hit the widget to toggle when you want texts read aloud.
    01-09-2015 03:40 PM