So I could do some research and look online BUT I thought it would be a bit more fun and interesting to post in this forum and generate some chatter in the process.

So I'm coming from my iPhone 6 Plus. I still have it but I'm using my Note 4 for the time being for everyday use, at least until the Gear VR comes back in stock, then I'll switch back to the iPhone 6 Plus as my primary phone and use the Note 4 as a wifi only device with the Gear VR.

A couple of questions for people that have had the Note 4 for a while.

1) Is there a way to search the contents of the phone? The iPhone has a feature where if you slide your finger downward on the home screen, the "Spotlight Search" is revealed where you can search apps, contacts, etc. Basically anything on your phone. Is there something like this on the Note 4? I can't find anything for the life of me.

2) Is there an onboard flashlight? Or do I have to download a separate application for that?

3) On iOS, you can slide from the top of your screen downwards, and the notification window slides down. But when you slide your finger from the bottom of the screen and upwards you have a quick settings menu where you have setting options, flashlight, volume control, brightness control, etc. Anything like this on the Note 4? Perhaps with a button press and hold or something? Or is the top Notification menu the only thing?

4) Is there any amazing photo editing application? Something with filters, and options. I used this app on the iPhone called Camera+ and it was phenomenal, one of the best photo editing applications I have used on a mobile device. Anything like this on Android?

5) Thanks!
    01-06-2015 07:24 PM

2) Is there an onboard flashlight? Or do I have to download a separate application for that?

5) Thanks!
    Press and hold the home screen. Select widgets.... scroll over to "Settings", select "Flashlight 1x1". Put the widget wherever you want it. It works well, nice and bright. I use it all the time.
    TheOpusFuller likes this.
    01-06-2015 08:13 PM
    So I could do some research and look online BUT I thought it would be a bit more fun and interesting to post in this forum and generate some chatter in the process.

So I'm coming from my iPhone 6 Plus. I still have it but I'm using my Note 4 for the time being for everyday use, at least until the Gear VR comes back in stock, then I'll switch back to the iPhone 6 Plus as my primary phone and use the Note 4 as a wifi only device with the Gear VR.

A couple of questions for people that have had the Note 4 for a while.

1) Is there a way to search the contents of the phone? The iPhone has a feature where if you slide your finger downward on the home screen, the "Spotlight Search" is revealed where you can search apps, contacts, etc. Basically anything on your phone. Is there something like this on the Note 4? I can't find anything for the life of me.

3) On iOS, you can slide from the top of your screen downwards, and the notification window slides down. But when you slide your finger from the bottom of the screen and upwards you have a quick settings menu where you have setting options, flashlight, volume control, brightness control, etc. Anything like this on the Note 4? Perhaps with a button press and hold or something? Or is the top Notification menu the only thing?

4) Is there any amazing photo editing application? Something with filters, and options. I used this app on the iPhone called Camera+ and it was phenomenal, one of the best photo editing applications I have used on a mobile device. Anything like this on Android?

5) Thanks!
    1. Pull down from the top with 2 fingers and you will S finder, that will search your phone for whatever you like.
    2. Long press in an open area on any screen and then tap widgets. There is a widget called flashlight.
    3. Pull down from the top with one finger to access brightness, volume controls, etc...
    4. I can't help you with this one other than telling you that my son likes one called pixlr. I haven't used any of them.

I hope these answers have helped you. The Note 4 is truly an amazing phone. After a couple of days with it, I couldn't imagine going to an iPhone.
    01-06-2015 08:13 PM

Type the name of the app or contacts name in google search box and u will see it there!

The google search bar is a widget and I am sure u have it on your home screen!
    01-06-2015 11:46 PM
    #1 press and hold menu button for s finder. I highlighted all subjects in the line with grid. I think this might be what you need.
    01-07-2015 10:30 AM
    There is a help icon that has a list you can click on as well. Great tool for your phone. IOS is very different from Android. Both have great offerings. I personally prefer Android with the freedom to customize. Don't be discouraged. This is an amazing device. Hands down it gets looks from people and I am asked what is it? LOL. Love Samsung and the Note series. The best out there!

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-07-2015 11:34 PM
    What can the Note 4's camera all do? I remember TV commercials where you're able to take a picture and if an object jumped in the frame, you were able to scrub it out. I believe it would take 3 pictures before and 3 pictures after the object was in frame and blend them together.... Not sure of the entire process. Was that camera feature for Galaxy phones?

Seems like the camera is a little bare with only 3 or 4 modes. Can you download additional modes for this camera/phone?
    01-08-2015 08:39 AM
    What can the Note 4's camera all do? I remember TV commercials where you're able to take a picture and if an object jumped in the frame, you were able to scrub it out. I believe it would take 3 pictures before and 3 pictures after the object was in frame and blend them together.... Not sure of the entire process. Was that camera feature for Galaxy phones?

Seems like the camera is a little bare with only 3 or 4 modes. Can you download additional modes for this camera/phone?
    You can download a lot of different modes for this camera.
    01-08-2015 09:50 AM