Images moved from SD card to a "Picasa" folder

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I have had a 64gb Samsung-branded SD card in my Note 4 for several months. On that card, I created a folder named "MyImages" and created about 20 folders in it, each folder with many images. When I opened the GALLERY app, I'd see all of my image folders, along with the images.

Today, I opened the Gallery and only saw a few folders - one of which was named "Picasa". The picasa folder has over 1,000 files in it, and the folder has a small icon on it that looks to be a "Chrome" icon.. When I removed the SD card and looked at it on my computer, I found no corruption. All of the folders were still there, but there were NO files in any of them. After searching the SD card, I found only 3 JPG images.

I've searched my phone's internal memory, but can't find any of my images.

Question: What is the "Picasa" folder and what caused my images to be moved there - and where the heck is this "picasa" folder located (in the cloud)??

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Well, I found an article that may help - I had to disable picasa syncing - not sure how it ever got enabled, but something changed recently. I'll copy my images back to the SD card (had them backed up) and will see what happens.

P.S. - I put back the SD card with the images re-copied onto it and everything was fine UNTIL the app CleanMaster decided I needed to delete "junk" files. I assumed they were the "picasa" files that were hiding somewhere in my phone. After deleting the "junk", all my images were gone again from the SD card. CleanMaster is now gone from my phone!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary