01-15-2015 08:35 PM
64 123
tools
    if i were you i would do the note 4 the edge has the cool factor on the curve screen but you'll get bored of it quickly. Also i would worry about hitting an app by accident when making a phone call or pulling it out of your pocket or something.
    Again, the palm recognition software prevents unwanted edge panel taps. I have never done it once. Also how could he be bored of it. It's a Note 4, plus more. Lol. I don't get that argument.

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic Note Edge...... IT'S "NOTE" A GIMMICK!!✒✒
    01-07-2015 01:00 PM
    Ok, here we go:

The edge panel is controlled by touch wiz, not The android os. Both the edge and note 4 run 4.4.4. It is touchwiz that makes the edge screen possiable. So OS updates are not hindered by the edge panel.

Second, who cares about games on a cell phone. I have an Xbox one for that.

Third, dev support? I don't think most of the proud owners of the edge care about that. We are happy with the massive functionality and streamlined multitasking that we get now.

The screen shot you posted means nothing to me.

And laws of physics? Really? Lmao. Any phone is susceptible to screen breaks.

Sent from my fantastic Note Edge...... IT'S "NOTE" A GIMMICK!!

If your happy with it IDC be happy with it that's what matters....I have a note 4 and you can read any thread I started about it here in the note 4 thread. The edge is a $100 dollar gimmick not worth the trouble Imo and you don't need to get so defensive about it because I'll keep thinking its a gimmick

Yeah touchwiz is a skin and it's still android ..... The edge and note 4 are running 4.4.4 but your point ? A nexus 6 and nexus 5 both run android 5.0 yet aren't he same phones and can't simply push the same exact update to work on both . Samsung still needs to make android work with that side panel

Yeah law of physics says that phone has a greater chance of breaking a screen since now instead of having a 1 in 6 chance of hitting the screen now it has a 2 in 6 chance and if you happen to have the screen fall on the edge wi the screen bye bye edge screen .

I have a note 4 and have owned a Samsung Galaxy s2 skyrocket , s3, s4 , nexus 5 , note 3 , Motorola droid turbo for a day and now the note 4 first from t-mobile and now Verizon .

Sorry that Tapatalk sucks so much on android and in general just sucks that I rather use the little bit better iPad version

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-07-2015 01:01 PM
    Again, the palm recognition software prevents unwanted edge panel taps. I have never done it once. Also how could he be bored of it. It's a Note 4, plus more. Lol. I don't get that argument.

That's a $100 dollar gimmick .... If they don't want it why spend the extra $100 ....

01-07-2015 01:02 PM
    The palm recognition software prevents unwanted edge panel taps, .and when on a call the edge panel touch control is turned off via the proximity sensor so as you hold the phone to your ear to talk you do not hit buttons my mistake. Also how could he be bored of it. It's a Note 4, plus more. Lol. I don't get that argument.

01-07-2015 01:03 PM
    That's a $100 dollar gimmick .... If they don't want it why spend the extra $100 ....

His argument was not money. It was getting bored and inadvertent edge panel taps.

01-07-2015 01:04 PM
    His argument was not money. It was getting bored and inadvertent edge panel taps.

Yeah and if he has no intention of using it much why spend $100 more for it ...

01-07-2015 01:05 PM
    Yeah and if he has no intention of using it much why spend $100 more for it ...

He never said he had no intention of using it.....you did. Lol.

01-07-2015 01:08 PM
    He never said he had no intention of using it.....you did. Lol.

Well if he got bored of it basically means he has little intention of using it past the first 3 weeks when it's cool factor wears off .

01-07-2015 01:09 PM
    Gimmick is a bit strong to describe the Edge. The Edge and the upcoming G Flex 2 are great showcases for new tech. The fact that the Edge does all that the Note 4 does has a lot of appeal to a lot of people. The day I can walk into a Best Buy and have a tempered glass screen protector (or at least Zagg Invisible Shield) installed on the Edge means accessory support will have matured to the point where I just may consider the Edge.
    01-07-2015 01:10 PM
    Well if he got bored of it basically means he has little intention of using it past the first 3 weeks when it's cool factor wears off .

I guess I just don't see the argument. Agree to disagree. Lmao. It's not about a cool factor. It's about faster multitasking for me. It does so.much, and I guess I just did enough research to learn all I can do with it. I'm done with this argument, I like to debate with people with valid arguments. Not a continuous "gimmick" argument, it's exausting when I try to get a valid point across and the rebuttal is nonsensical.

01-07-2015 01:12 PM
    I guess I just don't see the argument. Agree to disagree. Lmao. It's not about a cool factor. It's about faster multitasking for me. It does so.much, and I guess I just did enough research to learn all I can do with it. I'm done with this argument, I like to debate with people with valid arguments. Not a continuous "gimmick" argument, it's exausting when I try to get a valid point across and the rebuttal is nonsensical.

It is a valid argument that the edge screen can be viewed as s gimmick and even Samsung themselves are calling it a limited concept model .... Sorry when my Verizon bill is already at $150 a month for 10gb of data , $29 for my note 4 , $10 to have my iPad on my plan I rare not spend $$$ more for s phone which has limited uses atm . In the future perhaps I would get one but for now I rather not be a Guinea pig

01-07-2015 01:15 PM
    It is a valid argument that the edge screen can be viewed as s gimmick and even Samsung themselves are calling it a limited concept model .... Sorry when my Verizon bill is already at $150 a month for 10gb of data , $29 for my note 4 , $10 to have my iPad on my plan I rare not spend $$$ more for s phone which has limited uses atm . In the future perhaps I would get one but for now I rather not be a Guinea pig

It is a note 4

With added functionality

If money is the argument then fine. I bought mine out right full price, so that was not a factor.

And to be honest if they never ever ever develop another edge panel again, I still love the functionality that the phone allows.

01-07-2015 01:20 PM
    It is a note 4

With added functionality

If money is the argument then fine. I bought mine out right full price, so that was not a factor.

And to be honest if they never ever ever develop another edge panel again, I still love the functionality that the phone allows.

Also, limited device? VZW launches tomorrow as well as us cellular very soon. Seems it's not just a limited concept device at the moment.

01-07-2015 01:21 PM
    It is a note 4

With added functionality

Added functionality at a higher price ...if the phone was the same price or $50 I would consider it but due to the fact it's $100 more and the risk of breaking the screen is higher I rather not be a Guinea pig. If you want to or see value in it that's up to you but I don't see much in it today at 1/7/2015 to be worth it. I was also thinking of going with a nexus 6 but decided to stay with Samsung for now ...

01-07-2015 01:23 PM
    Added functionality at a higher price ...if the phone was the same price or $50 I would consider it but due to the fact it's $100 more and the risk of breaking the screen is higher I rather not be a Guinea pig

I just don't see it. Lol. Screen break is not a real concern. They have a ton of great cases on an amazon that provide excellent protection.

And 100 is not a thing for me, but I can see why it might be for some.

01-07-2015 01:27 PM
    I just don't see it. Lol. Screen break is not a real concern. They have a ton of great cases on an amazon that provide excellent protection.

And 100 is not a thing for me, but I can see why it might be for some.

I like to have no case on my phones.

If I was going to pay full price it's only $100 sure but it's more like $180 if you want to factor in sales tax in most states . I've upgrade yearly and last time I spent full price for a phone other then the nexus 5 was my iPhone 4

01-07-2015 01:29 PM
    I like to have no case on my phones.

If I was going to pay full price it's only $100 sure but it's more like $180 if you want to factor in sales tax in most states . I've upgrade yearly and last time I spent full price for a phone other then the nexus 5 was my iPhone 4

I do not use a case on my edge at all. I have had no issues. Dropped it yesterday out of my pocket and it was fine. Gorilla glass is the bees knees

01-07-2015 01:37 PM
    There is definitely the wow factor with the edge. A friend of mine has the edge and myself the Note 4 so have handled both a fair amount. The edge functionality is goes far beyond a gimmick and shows what is possible in the future and should excite people more then anything. With that said I just don't like the way the Edge feels in hand I much prefer the way the Note 4 feels.
    01-07-2015 08:09 PM
    There is definitely the wow factor with the edge. A friend of mine has the edge and myself the Note 4 so have handled both a fair amount. The edge functionality is goes far beyond a gimmick and shows what is possible in the future and should excite people more then anything. With that said I just don't like the way the Edge feels in hand I much prefer the way the Note 4 feels.
    Fair enough. I am right handed. I hold the phone in my left hand at it feels awesome. I love everything about the phone, I had a note 4 and sold it and bought the Edge. I can honestly say my multitasking is much faster. And I absolutely can not say enough about the zero intrusion factor for notifications while using the actual phone screen. No pop ups for incoming calls or even a call screen. Just google maps, or s note or youtube or whatever I'm doing. Phone call comes in, it only displays on the edge screen. Text, edge screen. Combine that with the great new feature of minimizing apps and having the "dots" float on top of whatever it is your doing (also a feature of the note 4) and you have a honest to goodness multitasking beast.

I am also a very very heavy s pen user. I use handwriting input for most texts and such. The phone just feels right. It looks Cool and feels great in my hands. I have my Gear s and Gear circle paired to it and it is like the holy trinity up in here! Lol

--- Sent from my fantastic Note Edge--- "IT'S NOTE A GIMMICK, THEY JUST HATE US CAUSE THEY AIN'T US!!!!!!"✒✒
    01-07-2015 08:28 PM
    Fair enough. I am right handed. I hold the phone in my left hand at it feels awesome. I love everything about the phone, I had a note 4 and sold it and bought the Edge. I can honestly say my multitasking is much faster. And I absolutely can not say enough about the zero intrusion factor for notifications while using the actual phone screen. No pop ups for incoming calls or even a call screen. Just google maps, or s note or youtube or whatever I'm doing. Phone call comes in, it only displays on the edge screen. Text, edge screen. Combine that with the great new feature of minimizing apps and having the "dots" float on top of whatever it is your doing (also a feature of the note 4) and you have a honest to goodness multitasking beast.

I am also a very very heavy s pen user. I use handwriting input for most texts and such. The phone just feels right. It looks Cool and feels great in my hands. I have my Gear s and Gear circle paired to it and it is like the holy trinity up in here! Lol

--- Sent from my fantastic Note Edge--- "IT'S NOTE A GIMMICK, THEY JUST HATE US CAUSE THEY AIN'T US!!!!!!"✒✒
    I have my phone in my right hand so as far as I am concerned it's useless for me which I forgot to mention it's also for people who are right handed which is quite dumb. They could of made one for left handers as well. The Verizon price isn't bad actually only $50 more full price, $100 contract and $3 a month on edge.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    01-08-2015 03:49 PM
    I have my phone in my right hand so as far as I am concerned it's useless for me which I forgot to mention it's also for people who are right handed which is quite dumb. They could of made one for left handers as well. The Verizon price isn't bad actually only $50 more full price, $100 contract and $3 a month on edge.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    While it does neglect the intellectually gifted group known as Lefties (see what I did there), it is likely because there are so many more right-handed users. To make a left-handed version prolly wouldn't have been fiscally rewarding but who knows. I read two reviews of the Edge today, one of them by AC. Both reviews called the Edge display minimally useful, one (I think it was AC) went so far as to call it a gimmick. I'm undecided still.
    01-08-2015 05:07 PM
    While it does neglect the intellectually gifted group known as Lefties (see what I did there), it is likely because there are so many more right-handed users. To make a left-handed version prolly wouldn't have been fiscally rewarding but who knows. I read two reviews of the Edge today, one of them by AC. Both reviews called the Edge display minimally useful, one (I think it was AC) went so far as to call it a gimmick. I'm undecided still.
    Well they could of made 2 different edge devices one for lefties and one for right .not like it would cost any more to produce other then the risk of sitting on to much stock . I think it's a gimmick but also wouldn't both since I hold my phone in my right hand

01-08-2015 05:09 PM
    As long as I could buy a highly protective case w/ holster I'd probably get the Edge just for the coolness factor of the side screen. When I got my N4 on the BB $100 trade in promo the Edge hadn't yet been released. As far as the functionality of the Edge I'd reread Chris Beaudoin's posts because I think he knows more about it than any of the reviews I've read. There is absolutely something to be said for notifications, incoming calls etc. going to the side panel and not interrupting whatever you're doing on the main screen.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    01-08-2015 06:07 PM
    I went into the store dead set on the note 4 not even considering the edge, but when I saw it in store I immediately decided to get the note edge. I don't regret my choice but something I hate about the edge is the lack of cases and tempered glass screen protector. Besides that I'm happy. At the end of they say though they're the same, so you can't go wrong with either

Sent from my Note Edge.
    01-08-2015 08:09 PM
    As long as I could buy a highly protective case w/ holster I'd probably get the Edge just for the coolness factor of the side screen. When I got my N4 on the BB $100 trade in promo the Edge hadn't yet been released. As far as the functionality of the Edge I'd reread Chris Beaudoin's posts because I think he knows more about it than any of the reviews I've read. There is absolutely something to be said for notifications, incoming calls etc. going to the side panel and not interrupting whatever you're doing on the main screen.
    Thank you very much. I have spent a lot of time learning this phone. I have read all the reviews and what not. Keep in mind these reviewers have the phone for a week at best. In a week to get real word functionality is very difficult. As far as the gimmick remarks. A gimmick is something that can be used a handful of times before it looses it's value. The edge screen, holds and exceeds it's value. The is absolutely nothing that makes this phone a "gimmicky" device.

01-08-2015 08:19 PM
64 123