Note 4 and Edge buying advice

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Now I am stuck. I finally got my Verizon contract fixed so now, I can upgrade. I was sort of set on the Note 4 until I saw the Edge. I really like the Edge screen but the vendors are telling me that due to low demand, accessories will be limited. I see the Note 4 has some real cool accessories.

Any buying advice between the 2? I know there is a price difference but that does not really bother me. Both feel fine in the hand.

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Yeah after looking at the accessories for the Note 4, I was leaning towards that. I really like the case assortment and screen protector options for the Note 4 verses the Edge. I do not see much for the Edge. That was one of the main reasons I did not keep the Moto X.

I really wanted to get the edge but it wasn't released when I decided to get my NOTE 4...and i couldn't wait cuz of the terms of my contract

Anyways, if accessories for the phone are a big thing for you, yeah go with Note 4...For me, i don't care much about the accessories, and even though I am using the NOTE 4 for over 2 months now, if i could go back in time, I would have gotten the edge...I am always up for trying something different!

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Now I am stuck. I finally got my Verizon contract fixed so now, I can upgrade. I was sort of set on the Note 4 until I saw the Edge. I really like the Edge screen but the vendors are telling me that due to low demand, accessories will be limited. I see the Note 4 has some real cool accessories.

Any buying advice between the 2? I know there is a price difference but that does not really bother me. Both feel fine in the hand.

The edge isn't released for Verizon and no word on when and honestly the note 4 will probably have updates faster and longer then the edge I would think

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
The edge isn't released for Verizon and no word on when and honestly the note 4 will probably have updates faster and longer then the edge I would think

First the Edge releases for vzw on the 8th (tomorrow).

Second, the edge will recieve updates as fast as the note 4. This has been confirmed by samsung and other sources.

I don't know why everyone thinks samsung is just going to crap on the note edge. It is being released on us cellular as well. Obviously samsung has decided to push foward with the edge if it is marketing it to new carriers. I have searched for hours on Google about if samsung will continue to support and update the note edge and they say yes. It is a flagship device.

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic and feature rich Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.✒✒

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to get the Edge too, and could still, since I've had my N4 for less than 2 weeks. But I'm enjoying the N4 and my boyfriend's line can be upgraded in April. He doesn't want to upgrade, so I may use his, or wait until next fall to see what comes out then. Maybe an Edge 2.

Stigasteve23

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
As much as I like changing my cases and having those options, I find myself unable to go with the note 4 and patiently waiting for the edge which is supposed to be on Verizon tomorrow! Looking forward to something new!

Posted via the Android Central App

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
First the Edge releases for vzw on the 8th (tomorrow).

Second, the edge will recieve updates as fast as the note 4. This has been confirmed by samsung and other sources.

I don't know why everyone thinks samsung is just going to crap on the note edge. It is being released on us cellular as well. Obviously samsung has decided to push foward with the edge if it is marketing it to new carriers. I have searched for hours on Google about if samsung will continue to support and update the note edge and they say yes. It is a flagship device.

Sent from my fantastic and feature rich Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.

You can think it will but it won't ....they can say whatever they want but it won't get updates as fast as the note 4 period ....they would need to make sure the os works with that edge screen without bugs which will take longer . It's a big waste of money that phone .....cost 2 much money for a stupid gimmick and added benefit of more places where it can crack the glass or scratch it.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
You can think it will but it won't ....they can say whatever they want but it won't get updates as fast as the note 4 period ....they would need to make sure the os works with that edge screen without bugs which will take longer . It's a big waste of money that phone .....cost 2 much money for a stupid gimmick and added benefit of more places where it can crack the glass or scratch it.

Good point. That part has started to make me question, if I was going to get the Edge, what would I do for a screen protector? Since they do not make one for the curved part of the glass, why would I bother with one in the first place. Granted a screen protector will cover about 80% of the screen but, the Edge which potentially would be suspect to the most wear would be unprotected especially if you got a wallet case.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Different strokes. Many love the Edge.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

There is a Note Edge forum on Android Central. You might want to look through there for a similar question. I'm sure many have asked and wondered like you have, I did) or post one there too to get a balanced opinion.

Maybe ask them, "What made you choose the Note Edge over the Note 4".

I picked the Note 4 (the day it came to Verizon, pre-order) because:
1. I couldn't wait
2. Samsung was not very forthcoming with any release info/dates.
3. I didn't think the extra $100 was worth it. I would pay $25, maybe $50 more but not $100 more.

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

Whatever you say. Lol. The facts are there. Show me one link, quote, post or press release that states Samsung will not update or support the note edge at the same rate as the Note 4.

You can't, because there are none. Go ahead and Google Android L Update for note edge. You haters act like the edge screen is some alien technology that was plopped in samsungs lap. Lmao. It is software. That's it. The phone can recieve and process any Ota that Samsung pushed to the note 4. They never, ever have to update the edge panels software if they choose not to. I have already seen the build of android L on the note edge and guess what, samsung did a great job of including new features to the edge panel in the Android 5.0.2 update.

I'm not going to argue about this any more because I am a man of fact, not speculation. I research and I read EVERYTHING before I make a decision to buy a new phone. As I said back up your statements of they won't update it as fast.

And as far as a gimmick, I promise you I can do things faster on my edge than on a note 4. Hands down. I don't need to worry about when I'm in my car navigating with Google maps and a call comes in and there goes my map because I have a call screen or pop up coming in, nope it just goes to the edge panel. Watching a movie and get a call or text, edge panel. Camera? I get full screen viewfinder. Music, my controls are on the edge so I don't have to open a case or any of that I just swipe my thumb and hit the button. . Even at night just sitting on my nightstand, lol, the phone still has value.....night clock.

Say whatever you want, it's not a gimmick at all. And the extra $100.00, please. If your gonna spend $800.00 on a cell phone, what's $900.00. Lmao.

Unreal

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic and feature rich Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.✒✒

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Whatever you say. Lol. The facts are there. Show me one link, quote, post or press release that states Samsung will not update or support the note edge at the same rate as the Note 4.

You can't, because there are none. Go ahead and Google Android L Update for note edge. You haters act like the edge screen is some alien technology that was plopped in samsungs lap. Lmao. It is software. That's it. The phone can recieve and process any Ota that Samsung pushed to the note 4. They never, ever have to update the edge panels software if they choose not to. I have already seen the build of android L on the note edge and guess what, samsung did a great job of including new features to the edge panel in the Android 5.0.2 update.

I'm not going to argue about this any more because I am a man of fact, not speculation. I research and I read EVERYTHING before I make a decision to buy a new phone. As I said back up your statements of they won't update it as fast.

And as far as a gimmick, I promise you I can do things faster on my edge than on a note 4. Hands down. I don't need to worry about when I'm in my car navigating with Google maps and a call comes in and there goes my map because I have a call screen or pop up coming in, nope it just goes to the edge panel. Watching a movie and get a call or text, edge panel. Camera? I get full screen viewfinder. Music, my controls are on the edge so I don't have to open a case or any of that I just swipe my thumb and hit the button. . Even at night just sitting on my nightstand, lol, the phone still has value.....night clock.

Say whatever you want, it's not a gimmick at all. And thw extra 100.00, please. If tour gonna spend 800 on a cell phone, what's 900.00. Lmao.

Unreal

Sent from my fantastic and feature rich Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.

It's a simple fact the OS is NOT the same and needs to works the bugs out with that extra screen . So yes the upgrade will be slower then the note 4 and Samsung already is known as not the fastest company to update their phones like HTC or Motorola .

It is a gimmick and you can think whatever you want about it but it's a gimmick with little dev support if any so far ? Sorry I don't care about it and just another thing to worry about scratching it or another place it can break .

$100 just isn't worth paying for that gimmick ....$50 perhaps and you also have to include sales tax which for me is 8.875%

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Be careful of comments as the one is posting from an iPad

Posted via the Android Central App

Lol I own a note 4

4434322d4398d94ce9f8e2eed9eba4f3.jpg

I just hate using Tapatalk on the phone since I think the app is crap .