01-15-2015 08:35 PM
64 123
tools
    Now I am stuck. I finally got my Verizon contract fixed so now, I can upgrade. I was sort of set on the Note 4 until I saw the Edge. I really like the Edge screen but the vendors are telling me that due to low demand, accessories will be limited. I see the Note 4 has some real cool accessories.

Any buying advice between the 2? I know there is a price difference but that does not really bother me. Both feel fine in the hand.
    01-06-2015 09:37 PM
    01-06-2015 09:53 PM
    Yeah after looking at the accessories for the Note 4, I was leaning towards that. I really like the case assortment and screen protector options for the Note 4 verses the Edge. I do not see much for the Edge. That was one of the main reasons I did not keep the Moto X.
    01-06-2015 10:21 PM
    Yeah after looking at the accessories for the Note 4, I was leaning towards that. I really like the case assortment and screen protector options for the Note 4 verses the Edge. I do not see much for the Edge. That was one of the main reasons I did not keep the Moto X.
    I really wanted to get the edge but it wasn't released when I decided to get my NOTE 4...and i couldn't wait cuz of the terms of my contract

Anyways, if accessories for the phone are a big thing for you, yeah go with Note 4...For me, i don't care much about the accessories, and even though I am using the NOTE 4 for over 2 months now, if i could go back in time, I would have gotten the edge...I am always up for trying something different!
    tech_fan likes this.
    01-06-2015 11:40 PM
    Does the Note Edge work with the VR?
    01-07-2015 09:05 AM
    Now I am stuck. I finally got my Verizon contract fixed so now, I can upgrade. I was sort of set on the Note 4 until I saw the Edge. I really like the Edge screen but the vendors are telling me that due to low demand, accessories will be limited. I see the Note 4 has some real cool accessories.

Any buying advice between the 2? I know there is a price difference but that does not really bother me. Both feel fine in the hand.

The edge isn't released for Verizon and no word on when and honestly the note 4 will probably have updates faster and longer then the edge I would think

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-07-2015 09:17 AM
    The edge isn't released for Verizon and no word on when and honestly the note 4 will probably have updates faster and longer then the edge I would think

First the Edge releases for vzw on the 8th (tomorrow).

Second, the edge will recieve updates as fast as the note 4. This has been confirmed by samsung and other sources.

I don't know why everyone thinks samsung is just going to crap on the note edge. It is being released on us cellular as well. Obviously samsung has decided to push foward with the edge if it is marketing it to new carriers. I have searched for hours on Google about if samsung will continue to support and update the note edge and they say yes. It is a flagship device.

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic and feature rich Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.✒✒
    01-07-2015 09:45 AM
    I wanted to get the Edge too, and could still, since I've had my N4 for less than 2 weeks. But I'm enjoying the N4 and my boyfriend's line can be upgraded in April. He doesn't want to upgrade, so I may use his, or wait until next fall to see what comes out then. Maybe an Edge 2.
    01-07-2015 09:48 AM
    Does the Note Edge work with the VR?
    Great vr only works with the note 4 and not the edge

Posted via the Android Central App
    tech_fan likes this.
    01-07-2015 09:55 AM
    As much as I like changing my cases and having those options, I find myself unable to go with the note 4 and patiently waiting for the edge which is supposed to be on Verizon tomorrow! Looking forward to something new!

tech_fan likes this.
    01-07-2015 09:57 AM
    First the Edge releases for vzw on the 8th (tomorrow).

Second, the edge will recieve updates as fast as the note 4. This has been confirmed by samsung and other sources.

I don't know why everyone thinks samsung is just going to crap on the note edge. It is being released on us cellular as well. Obviously samsung has decided to push foward with the edge if it is marketing it to new carriers. I have searched for hours on Google about if samsung will continue to support and update the note edge and they say yes. It is a flagship device.

Sent from my fantastic and feature rich Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.

You can think it will but it won't ....they can say whatever they want but it won't get updates as fast as the note 4 period ....they would need to make sure the os works with that edge screen without bugs which will take longer . It's a big waste of money that phone .....cost 2 much money for a stupid gimmick and added benefit of more places where it can crack the glass or scratch it.

gummyjelly likes this.
    01-07-2015 09:58 AM
    You can think it will but it won't ....they can say whatever they want but it won't get updates as fast as the note 4 period ....they would need to make sure the os works with that edge screen without bugs which will take longer . It's a big waste of money that phone .....cost 2 much money for a stupid gimmick and added benefit of more places where it can crack the glass or scratch it.

Good point. That part has started to make me question, if I was going to get the Edge, what would I do for a screen protector? Since they do not make one for the curved part of the glass, why would I bother with one in the first place. Granted a screen protector will cover about 80% of the screen but, the Edge which potentially would be suspect to the most wear would be unprotected especially if you got a wallet case.
    01-07-2015 10:49 AM

Different strokes. Many love the Edge.
    01-07-2015 11:10 AM
    I think skinomi makes a screen protector that covers the whole screen, edge and all.

01-07-2015 11:11 AM
    Be careful of comments as the one is posting from an iPad

01-07-2015 11:57 AM

Na, that makes no difference. Many of us have all sorts of gadgets and are cross-platform.
    01-07-2015 12:05 PM
    There is a Note Edge forum on Android Central. You might want to look through there for a similar question. I'm sure many have asked and wondered like you have, I did) or post one there too to get a balanced opinion.

Maybe ask them, "What made you choose the Note Edge over the Note 4".

I picked the Note 4 (the day it came to Verizon, pre-order) because:
    1. I couldn't wait
    2. Samsung was not very forthcoming with any release info/dates.
    3. I didn't think the extra $100 was worth it. I would pay $25, maybe $50 more but not $100 more.
    tech_fan likes this.
    01-07-2015 12:15 PM

Whatever you say. Lol. The facts are there. Show me one link, quote, post or press release that states Samsung will not update or support the note edge at the same rate as the Note 4.

You can't, because there are none. Go ahead and Google Android L Update for note edge. You haters act like the edge screen is some alien technology that was plopped in samsungs lap. Lmao. It is software. That's it. The phone can recieve and process any Ota that Samsung pushed to the note 4. They never, ever have to update the edge panels software if they choose not to. I have already seen the build of android L on the note edge and guess what, samsung did a great job of including new features to the edge panel in the Android 5.0.2 update.

I'm not going to argue about this any more because I am a man of fact, not speculation. I research and I read EVERYTHING before I make a decision to buy a new phone. As I said back up your statements of they won't update it as fast.

And as far as a gimmick, I promise you I can do things faster on my edge than on a note 4. Hands down. I don't need to worry about when I'm in my car navigating with Google maps and a call comes in and there goes my map because I have a call screen or pop up coming in, nope it just goes to the edge panel. Watching a movie and get a call or text, edge panel. Camera? I get full screen viewfinder. Music, my controls are on the edge so I don't have to open a case or any of that I just swipe my thumb and hit the button. . Even at night just sitting on my nightstand, lol, the phone still has value.....night clock.

Say whatever you want, it's not a gimmick at all. And the extra $100.00, please. If your gonna spend $800.00 on a cell phone, what's $900.00. Lmao.

Unreal

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic and feature rich Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.✒✒
    01-07-2015 12:29 PM
    Whatever you say. Lol. The facts are there. Show me one link, quote, post or press release that states Samsung will not update or support the note edge at the same rate as the Note 4.

You can't, because there are none. Go ahead and Google Android L Update for note edge. You haters act like the edge screen is some alien technology that was plopped in samsungs lap. Lmao. It is software. That's it. The phone can recieve and process any Ota that Samsung pushed to the note 4. They never, ever have to update the edge panels software if they choose not to. I have already seen the build of android L on the note edge and guess what, samsung did a great job of including new features to the edge panel in the Android 5.0.2 update.

I'm not going to argue about this any more because I am a man of fact, not speculation. I research and I read EVERYTHING before I make a decision to buy a new phone. As I said back up your statements of they won't update it as fast.

And as far as a gimmick, I promise you I can do things faster on my edge than on a note 4. Hands down. I don't need to worry about when I'm in my car navigating with Google maps and a call comes in and there goes my map because I have a call screen or pop up coming in, nope it just goes to the edge panel. Watching a movie and get a call or text, edge panel. Camera? I get full screen viewfinder. Music, my controls are on the edge so I don't have to open a case or any of that I just swipe my thumb and hit the button. . Even at night just sitting on my nightstand, lol, the phone still has value.....night clock.

Say whatever you want, it's not a gimmick at all. And thw extra 100.00, please. If tour gonna spend 800 on a cell phone, what's 900.00. Lmao.

Unreal

Sent from my fantastic and feature rich Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.

It's a simple fact the OS is NOT the same and needs to works the bugs out with that extra screen . So yes the upgrade will be slower then the note 4 and Samsung already is known as not the fastest company to update their phones like HTC or Motorola .

It is a gimmick and you can think whatever you want about it but it's a gimmick with little dev support if any so far ? Sorry I don't care about it and just another thing to worry about scratching it or another place it can break .

$100 just isn't worth paying for that gimmick ....$50 perhaps and you also have to include sales tax which for me is 8.875%

gummyjelly likes this.
    01-07-2015 12:33 PM

Lol I own a note 4

I just hate using Tapatalk on the phone since I think the app is crap .

01-07-2015 12:35 PM

Here sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is that good for you?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    01-07-2015 12:40 PM
    It's a simple fact the OS is NOT the same and needs to works the bugs out with that extra screen . So yes the upgrade will be slower then the note 4 and Samsung already is known as not the fastest company to update their phones like HTC or Motorola .

It is a gimmick and you can think whatever you want about it but it's a gimmick with little dev support if any so far ? Sorry I don't care about it and just another thing to worry about scratching it or another place it can break .

That's your argument? More things to scratch, slow dev support for edge screen and Samsung pushes updates slower than HTC or Motorola? Lmao.

Again........the thread is help making a decision between note 4 and note edge. I come with facts. You come with opinion. I think we would all be interested in seeing some links OR proff backing what your saying, here I'll list them for you:

1. Slower updates than note 4
    2. Edge screen cracking from drops
    3. No support from samsung
    4. ANY, AND I MEAN ANY other links or proof to back up what your saying.

Oh and the OS is the same. 4.4.4. On the note 4 and the edge. I think you are referring to Touchwiz. That is what controls the edge screen, not the android OS. Again, OS updates do not control the edge panel the touchwiz software does.

To be honest all I smell is Apple, and bro it's starting to rot!

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic Note Edge...... IT'S "NOTE" A GIMMICK!!✒✒
    01-07-2015 12:41 PM
    That's your argument? More things to scratch, slow dev support for edge screen and Samsung pushes updates slower than HTC or Motorola? Lmao.

Again........the thread is help making a decision between note 4 and note edge. I come with facts. You come with opinion. I think we would all be interested in seeing some links OR proff backing what your saying, here I'll list them for you:

1. Slower updates than note 4
    2. Edge screen cracking from drops
    3. No support from samsung
    4. ANY, AND I MEAN ANY other links or proof to back up what your saying.

Oh and I think we would all be really interested to know what ANDROID device you use. Because to be honest all I smell is Apple, and bro it's starting to rot!

Sent from my fantastic Note Edge...... IT'S "NOTE" A GIMMICK!!

There is proof just common sense ........it will take Samsung more time to make sure android 5.0 to work with the edge because of the screen .

Screen breaking is just the law of physics ....it's glass and now is on a edge which just means it has a greater chance of breaking specially if it falls on that side plus there is no case to prevent it

What app support is there other then from Samsung themselves for that screen ? Devs are not going to work on that screen if that is the only phone to do a such thing . Devs as it is has issues optimizing apps per device specs as it is and this just adds to it . Dev support for the Samsung cpu is bad for games at least from what I've played on the Samsung Galaxy Tab s 10.5 where xcom was just laggy where it wasn't on my note 3 at the time

Oh and sorry I'm not some android fanboy and have an iPad and a Samsung android phone

gummyjelly likes this.
    01-07-2015 12:46 PM
    http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15...1355031c9f.jpg

There is proof just common sense ........it will take Samsung more time to make sure android 5.0 to work with the edge because of the screen .

Screen breaking is just the law of physics ....it's glass and now is on a edge which just means it has a greater chance of breaking specially if it falls on that side plus there is no case to prevent it

What app support is there other then from Samsung themselves for that screen ? Devs are not going to work on that screen if that is the only phone to do a such thing . Devs as it is has issues optimizing apps per device specs as it is and this just adds to it . Dev support for the Samsung cpu is bad for games at least from what I've played on the Samsung Galaxy Tab s 10.5 where xcom was just laggy where it wasn't on my note 3 at the time

Oh and sorry I'm not some android fanboy and have an iPad and a Samsung android phone

Ok, here we go:

The edge panel is controlled by touch wiz, not The android os. Both the edge and note 4 run 4.4.4. It is touchwiz that makes the edge screen possiable. So OS updates are not hindered by the edge panel.

Second, who cares about games on a cell phone. I have an Xbox one for that.

Third, dev support? I don't think most of the proud owners of the edge care about that. We are happy with the massive functionality and streamlined multitasking that we get now. Any future panels and features are icing on the cake.

The screen shot you posted means nothing to me.

And laws of physics? Really? Lmao. Any phone is susceptible to screen breaks. I have a UAG case and it protects it fine. There is a whole thread about how well it protects the edge screen.

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic Note Edge...... IT'S "NOTE" A GIMMICK!!✒✒
    01-07-2015 12:53 PM
    if i were you i would do the note 4 the edge has the cool factor on the curve screen but you'll get bored of it quickly. Also i would worry about hitting an app by accident when making a phone call or pulling it out of your pocket or something.
    gummyjelly likes this.
    01-07-2015 12:58 PM
64 123