Hi all,

I think I already know the answer to this but with the (beautiful) official Samsung Galaxy Note 4 LED case, is it possible to configure the LED animations or is it all stock?

I don't mind rooting the device if need be, but I suspect - much like the S View in the S4 official case that these things can't be configured.

Cheers
    Lawrence
    01-07-2015 08:30 AM
    I haven't heard one word about the LED cases since the Note 4 was first announced by Samsung. Are they actually being sold somewhere now?
    01-08-2015 09:13 PM
    Hey tlo07, they are indeed - I bought mine from Samsung UK the other day, they're available on Amazon from some company in S Korea too.

The case is lovely, very high quality and the LEDs are fantastic but as expected it didn't come with any documentation or even an explanation of what to expect... apart from the demo shown at one of those events I have only seen a sample set of notifications
    01-09-2015 02:26 AM
    Looks cool. What color did you get? I guess the LEDs aren't lit all the time, do you start them with power button same as S view? Any more info than S view? Much thicker?

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-09-2015 07:00 AM
    Hey Rarry!

I got the plum red version, it's verrrry nice although my friends keep telling me is pink

At the moment I'd say it does less than the S View case... It only has LED notifications for music, charging, email, missed/incoming call and playing music.

Some area triggered by activity such as receiving a call - that'll display and animated phone with 'signal' type waves coming out of it. The music one only shows some visualiser stuff for several seconds after you start playing music and the case is closed. My favourite one so far has to be the generic notification, sort of the catch all - it'll trigger for whatsapp, Facebook, email etc - it's just 4 spinning dots that explode out, swirl and then collide - every fifteen seconds or so. I could maybe make a video or something, it's a great case but a bit limited led wise!

Thickness is decent, the entire cover (back and front) is one solid piece so the rear stock case is replaced with the led case to keep the thickness down - the front of the case is only about an extra 2mm tops so it really doesn't make any difference.

01-11-2015 04:58 PM
    Thanks for the info. Sounds like a fun upgrade. I'll stick with the S View for now but I'll be interested to look at one sometime, see if I'm tempted by the spinning lights.

01-11-2015 06:18 PM