08-23-2015 09:56 AM
45 12
tools
    The note 4 is a great choice you wouldn't be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-13-2015 06:20 PM
    I just came from a g3, and let me tell you: there's nothing about that phone that's better than the N4. I can think of a single reason to get the g3 over the N4.

Sent from my glorious note 4.
    02-14-2015 02:17 PM
    I took the plunge and switched last weekend. Absolutely no regrets. The G3 is a good phone, just wasn't for me. Better battery life and screen. I can now see my screen in bright sunlight.

My first smartphone was the GS3. I upgraded to a G2,then a G3. So glad I'm back to Samsung. I could give a rat's azz about the bloatware and I use Nova although Touchwiz is better on this than it was on my GS3.

Will say I do miss the knock on code but I can program Nova to turn off with that. Also liked the volume and power buttons on the back but still like my N4 overall much better.
    02-14-2015 03:06 PM
    It's almost not fair to the G3 to compare it to the Note 4. The G3 is simply outclassed. The only things they have in common are screen resolution, removable battery and SD card. Of course, the G3 cost a lot less. You could have a G3 and Moto G for less than one Note 4.

from the venerable Note 3π 📱✒
    02-14-2015 03:21 PM
    I use the S Fit pedometer and exercise apps daily. Fingerprint scanner? meh. It's a PITA. Not a huge Touchwiz fan but have never been a fan of any OEM UI. I use Nova. Why? Because I like it. Like Nexus Girl Lollipop isn't a big whoop de do. I had it on My 2012 Nexus 7 tablet and it was horrendous because of the limited memory. I had to flash back to 4.4.4. Once the bugs are worked out it'll be fine.

Everything is subjective. I thought the 6 was a nice phone as is the G3. Neither was for me. Not a fan of iOS. I like big screens. The N4 comes closer to what I like than any phone I have owned. Maybe one day I'll figure out how to make the S Pen work for me.
    02-14-2015 05:09 PM
    Switch and dont turn back...ive been a sammy user on and off tried out the htc one didnt care for sense unless rooted, moved to a lg g2 loved the slim bezel look and battery life on it but grew out of love with the on screen buttons always kept hitting back or home while typing. Note 4 comes out did some research on lg g3 and of course had to go with the note 4.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-16-2015 02:14 PM
    DO IT! the note 4 is amazing
    02-16-2015 04:53 PM
    I don't miss my G3 at all
    02-16-2015 06:58 PM
    I don't miss my G3 at all
    If you have a Note 4 why would you miss a G3? That's kinda like a BMW M5 owner saying they miss a Honda Accord V6.

from the venerable Note 3π 📱✒
    rong21 and sparker04 like this.
    02-16-2015 07:09 PM
    If you have a Note 4 why would you miss a G3? That's kinda like a BMW M5 owner saying they miss a Honda Accord V6.

from the venerable Note 3π
    Yeah but on that same note you can say that's like picking a cheeseburger over filet mignon. It may just be what someone prefers, right?
    02-16-2015 08:12 PM
    Yeah but on that same note you can say that's like picking a cheeseburger over filet mignon. It may just be what someone prefers, right?
    Possibly.

from the new-old S3⏳
    02-16-2015 08:19 PM
    Possibly.

from the new-old S3
    I know I'm weird like that. Picking a 5c over a 5s, buying all these electronics then choosing a very non-technological car. I think if you just get what you like and don't join in the spec wars, you'll be happier.
    02-16-2015 08:21 PM
    I know I'm weird like that. Picking a 5c over a 5s, buying all these electronics then choosing a very non-technological car. I think if you just get what you like and don't join in the spec wars, you'll be happier.
    The superiority of the Note 4 to the G3 goes way beyond specs though. The Note 4 is a more capable device. ...of course it cost more. However, my post was about why one would miss that less capable device of which we regularly read has poorer battery life and Lollipop bugs.

from the new-old S3⏳
    02-17-2015 12:25 AM
    Honestly I rarely even use the S pen and this phone is amazing. The S pen is an added bonus. I play the game draw something and it really works well for that. And I'm a horrible artist. Haha.

02-17-2015 01:10 AM
    Honestly I rarely even use the S pen and this phone is amazing. The S pen is an added bonus. I play the game draw something and it really works well for that. And I'm a horrible artist. Haha.

LOL I was stuck on that game for the past few months. I LOVE the s-pen and use it all the time.
    02-17-2015 01:01 PM
    To those considering a similar switch: 5 months after having moved on from a G3 to a Note 4, I'm still very satisfied. I enjoy using this phone so much more! Despite a few little quirks, I don't recall ever "liking" any phone more than this one. I hope it keeps working this well for very long, or that the Note 5 will be similar (with removable back, battery, SD card) and not something completely different like the new S6, because the Note 4, to me, is how a smartphone should be.

If the few little quirks could be ironed out, if the performance could be made even smoother, then I'll think about upgrading when my contract is done. If not, I plan on using this for a VERY long time instead of changing.
    mumfoau likes this.
    05-06-2015 03:04 PM
    To those considering a similar switch: 5 months after having moved on from a G3 to a Note 4, I'm still very satisfied. I enjoy using this phone so much more! Despite a few little quirks, I don't recall ever "liking" any phone more than this one. I hope it keeps working this well for very long, or that the Note 5 will be similar (with removable back, battery, SD card) and not something completely different like the new S6, because the Note 4, to me, is how a smartphone should be.

If the few little quirks could be ironed out, if the performance could be made even smoother, then I'll think about upgrading when my contract is done. If not, I plan on using this for a VERY long time instead of changing.
    Well,I am thinking what will replace my g3 which I like...a g4 or note 5.
    If the note 5 doesn't get bigger and keeps replaceable battery I would be very tempted.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    05-06-2015 05:46 PM
    Love the Note 4, does everything I want it to do.

mumfoau likes this.
    05-06-2015 08:12 PM
    Is the Note 4 a good upgrade from the 3? I'm definitely not getting that iPhone clone Note 5...

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk Pro.
    08-23-2015 09:52 AM
    Is the Note 4 a good upgrade from the 3? I'm definitely not getting that iPhone clone Note 5...

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk Pro.
    Oh, yeah! Love it, but staying on KitKat4.4.4 here - read the horror stories. It's the Note 3 with perks and improvements, and only minor detractions. Of course, what works for one doesn't necessarily work for all, so YMMV.
    08-23-2015 09:56 AM
45 12