Thinking About Switching from LG G3 to Note 4

sel1965

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I have had in the month the iphone 6, Galaxy S5, the LG G3 and now the Note 4. I am very pleased with my decision to go with the note 4 it's been hands down the best phone I have had for sometime now. The camera is superior to all the others including low light. Just saying, the Note 4 is a great choice but it all depends on the user and what they like.

jayk82

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I have had in the month the iphone 6, Galaxy S5, the LG G3 and now the Note 4. I am very pleased with my decision to go with the note 4 it's been hands down the best phone I have had for sometime now. The camera is superior to all the others including low light. Just saying, the Note 4 is a great choice but it all depends on the user and what they like.

Wow, that's a busy (& what I would say good) month!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

sel1965

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I had the iphone 6 since it came out last year jad apple forever and wanted something different. I not only have different but much better.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The only real reason I can see going from a Note 4 to a G3 is to save money. They're both great phones, but the Note 4 would be my choice. Aside from the fact that there is about $300-400 difference in prices now.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I just came from a g3, and let me tell you: there's nothing about that phone that's better than the N4. I can think of a single reason to get the g3 over the N4.

Sent from my glorious note 4.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I took the plunge and switched last weekend. Absolutely no regrets. The G3 is a good phone, just wasn't for me. Better battery life and screen. I can now see my screen in bright sunlight.

My first smartphone was the GS3. I upgraded to a G2,then a G3. So glad I'm back to Samsung. I could give a rat's azz about the bloatware and I use Nova although Touchwiz is better on this than it was on my GS3.

Will say I do miss the knock on code but I can program Nova to turn off with that. Also liked the volume and power buttons on the back but still like my N4 overall much better.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It's almost not fair to the G3 to compare it to the Note 4. The G3 is simply outclassed. The only things they have in common are screen resolution, removable battery and SD card. Of course, the G3 cost a lot less. You could have a G3 and Moto G for less than one Note 4.

from the venerable Note 3π 📱

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I use the S Fit pedometer and exercise apps daily. Fingerprint scanner? meh. It's a PITA. Not a huge Touchwiz fan but have never been a fan of any OEM UI. I use Nova. Why? Because I like it. Like Nexus Girl Lollipop isn't a big whoop de do. I had it on My 2012 Nexus 7 tablet and it was horrendous because of the limited memory. I had to flash back to 4.4.4. Once the bugs are worked out it'll be fine.

Everything is subjective. I thought the 6 was a nice phone as is the G3. Neither was for me. Not a fan of iOS. I like big screens. The N4 comes closer to what I like than any phone I have owned. Maybe one day I'll figure out how to make the S Pen work for me.

ohioboy32

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Switch and dont turn back...ive been a sammy user on and off tried out the htc one didnt care for sense unless rooted, moved to a lg g2 loved the slim bezel look and battery life on it but grew out of love with the on screen buttons always kept hitting back or home while typing. Note 4 comes out did some research on lg g3 and of course had to go with the note 4.

Posted via the Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I know I'm weird like that. Picking a 5c over a 5s, buying all these electronics then choosing a very non-technological car. I think if you just get what you like and don't join in the spec wars, you'll be happier.
The superiority of the Note 4 to the G3 goes way beyond specs though. The Note 4 is a more capable device. ...of course it cost more. However, my post was about why one would miss that less capable device of which we regularly read has poorer battery life and Lollipop bugs.

from the new-old S3⏳

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Honestly I rarely even use the S pen and this phone is amazing. The S pen is an added bonus. I play the game draw something and it really works well for that. And I'm a horrible artist. Haha.

sparker04

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Honestly I rarely even use the S pen and this phone is amazing. The S pen is an added bonus. I play the game draw something and it really works well for that. And I'm a horrible artist. Haha.

LOL I was stuck on that game for the past few months. I LOVE the s-pen and use it all the time.