Bought my Note 4 a couple of months ago in official Samsung store and was very happy with it untill a week ago! The reason is that my girlfriend has Galaxy S4 and it is clearly operating smoother (not faster) than my Note 4. Did some research recently - people are suggesting to use developers settings and change the animation speed, others stated it's all cause of crappy TouchWiz etc... Tried all - not helping. Maybe I am too picky but I can clearly see the difference while scrolling some text (black font on white background). On S4 it stays more or less sharp while scrolling. On Note 4 screen text becomes obviously blurry which makes it practically inreadable. I have my own theories on why it happens: 1) CPU is not powerful enough to provide high fps for Ultra HD screen. 2) Maybe some app are not designed for Ultra HD screen. 3) Maybe my Note 4 is defective. 4) Well, maybe I'm a crackpot...
    I'd be eternally grateful for your opinion guys, thanks a lot in advance!
    01-07-2015 01:31 PM
    In this case, a video would help a lot... I have the Note 4 and is snappy as heck. Scrolling text is also smooth, and yes, I'm still using TW and no, I haven't fiddled with developer options (yet).
    01-07-2015 01:45 PM
    I was having bad scrolling troubles using Chrome browser and someone said that Lastpass had caused lag for them which did turn out to be the cause for me too. I found it was turning on 'Enable Fill Service' that really slowed things down so now I have Lastpass installed but that feature of it turned off.

Here is an large webpage that was impossible to read while slowly scrolling but now is just about ok.

http://phandroid.com/2014/10/17/gala...rst-13-things/

Ironic really, maybe they should have added '14 - Don't install Lastpass'?

Posted via the Android Central App
    SpookDroid likes this.
    01-07-2015 01:58 PM
    Wow, good to know! I use Norton's Identity Safe for password management (it does what most others charge for, but for free), and the only thing I was missing was how it automatically inputs my login data into Chrome on my PC... I guess forcing that into Android (AFAIK Chrome for Android doesn't natively support that) slows things down, which is what I'm guessing Lastpass does.
    01-07-2015 02:47 PM