On the S5 the qi charging back plate is to thick to use with most cases, is this the same with the Galaxy Note 4 or do most normal cases still work with the Note 4/Qi cover?
    01-07-2015 04:34 PM
    I'm using a Note 3 with an Otterbox Defender with no problem with Qi charging. The specs say 5mm, but I can charge at almost 1/2" (hand-held above the charging plate but measured, so it's not exactly accurate) at full current (about 640mA). I used to use an iBlason case (similar to the Seidio and Spigen cases) also with no problem. But instead of the charging cover (which is a bit pricey), I use a receiver similar to this one.
    01-07-2015 04:50 PM
    I need to specify, would the cases fit?
    01-07-2015 06:10 PM
    I'm using a Note 3 with an Otterbox Defender with no problem with Qi charging. The specs say 5mm, but I can charge at almost 1/2" (hand-held above the charging plate but measured, so it's not exactly accurate) at full current (about 640mA). I used to use an iBlason case (similar to the Seidio and Spigen cases) also with no problem. But instead of the charging cover (which is a bit pricey), I use a receiver similar to this one.
    Ditto...I also use qi with otterbox defender case with a phonesalesman qi slimPWRcard which fits under stock back cover and have been really happy with purchase because it charges amazingly fast. Did purchase a 3-coil CHOE stadium qi charger which makes finding the charging sweet spot so much easier than the 1 coil models.
    01-07-2015 07:44 PM
    To answer your question, there actually a few posts about this already. The Wireless Back cover adds some thickness to the phone and therefore most cases will not work. Two that have been confirmed to work are linked below:

Amazon.com: Galaxy Note 4 Case, Caseology [Bumper Frame] Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Case [Metallic Mesh Silver] Slim Fit Skin Cover [Shock Absorbent] TPU Bumper Galaxy Note 4 Case [Made in Korea] (for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 AT&T Sprint, T-mobile, Unlocked)

http://www.amazon.com/i-Blason-Full-...cUvbUpU4168546

Rather than deal with the thicker battery cover and limited cases compatibility, many will buy a receiver from a third party or gutsy nerds like me will just do the mod shown below. This allows you to use most any case you want.

01-08-2015 12:24 AM