How do I lock the display screen?

vonpivka

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
How do I lock the current display screen so that I can pass my phone over to a friend for him to look at it without having him then accidentally hit the back button and lose the current screen display?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't think such an app exists, let alone a setting. While it makes sense in the case you're describing, though. Even when taking pictures, I can't tell you how many times I've hit the darn button myself by accident.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
How do I lock the current display screen so that I can pass my phone over to a friend for him to look at it without having him then accidentally hit the back button and lose the current screen display?

This happens just about EVERY time I hand my phone to someone to watch a video or look at a picture, usually when the phone is in landscape mode.

They almost always hit the screen off button, the volume button, or as you stated the capacitive back button on the bottom.

Rarry

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
It's worth mentioning that if using MX player, one of the best video players, there is a padlock icon which will mostly isolate the playback from unintended touches.

Posted via the Android Central App

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
It's worth mentioning that if using MX player, one of the best video players, there is a padlock icon which will mostly isolate the playback from unintended touches.

Posted via the Android Central App

The standard player does this as well when you hit the power button.