Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Your work WiFi could be blocking the outgoing ports needed for Google. Older phones would indicate that by turning the WiFi icon from blue to gray. I do not know how Note 4 indicates this.

Try switching the WiFi off, and using Ok Google on carrier data.

roundwound5

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
After verifying connectivity (browse to google.com) and checking Google Voice settings as previously recommended try force stopping Google Now Launcher (or Google app if you're not running the official launcher) and clearing app cache.

From the Home screen swipe down > tap the Settings gear > scroll down and tap Applications > Applications Manager > swipe from right to left until you see the "All" heading > scroll down and tap Google Now Launcher > Clear Cache (and data if it's bold) Force Stop (prompts it will misbehave but that's ok -it's acting up anyway). Restart your Note 4 and try it again. It should give you the initial set up.

If this doesn't work you may have to reinstall the Launcher. If you don't have it please let us know what you are using.

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a note but usually when I get that error, it's due to network connection

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I have had my Note 4 since 12-23-14 and at first it worked fine but now even on 4G and home Wifi I get this most of the time. Going to try all of the above suggestions and hope for a fix. I use Google Now for Everything!

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Ever since the most recent update my "OK Google" doesn't function from anywhere but the app. If I say "OK Google" from anywhere else it loads up, listens to my words then just closes/disappears.
No FCs or anything, just disappears. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing cache, clearing data.
Any ideas? Android 4.1.2 using custom stock Kit Kat Explosion 2.0 w/ Nova Launcher Premium.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Rush with Tapatalk.
Devices: Nook Color, Dell XPS 18, Galaxy Rush (All modded)

pmccartney

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Ever since the most recent update my "OK Google" doesn't function from anywhere but the app. If I say "OK Google" from anywhere else it loads up, listens to my words then just closes/disappears.
No FCs or anything, just disappears. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing cache, clearing data.
Any ideas? Android 4.1.2 using custom stock Kit Kat Explosion 2.0 w/ Nova Launcher Premium.

Nova Launcher Premium has its own OK Google switch to enable within its settings. Did you try that? It may help.

Posted via the Android Central App

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I have tried turning off and turning back on both Google settings and Nova settings. Still doesn't work. :( Nor sure on what to do besides wait for an update to wither Nova or Google...

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I have tried turning off and turning back on both Google settings and Nova settings. Still doesn't work. :( Nor sure on what to do besides wait for an update to wither Nova or Google...

Time for a factory reset IMO.

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Same, worked good when i first used it on my Note. Now it's whenever it feels like it, seem's to me. I wonder is having Ok google & S-Voice on at the same time causing conflict's?? I have both on. i say 'hi galaxy' for one, 'ok google' for the other. If anyone knows for a fact that having both on is not good, i'll definitely turn off S-voice, since that's the one that's not as advanced (to me anyway).

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Have u got both S-voice & Ok google on to listen anytime anywhere? maybe both on can cause conflicts. ? Language english(US) only, for both voice and phone. Disable any battery saving apps or CPU tweak's. .