02-04-2015 04:33 AM
34 12
tools
    Does anyone else have a problem with this feature hardly ever working? Most of the time it tells me Google cannot be reached right now.

Is anyone aware of a workaround or solution to this problem?
    01-09-2015 01:01 AM
    Have you properly set up the Google Now settings? And have you set it up to properly recognize your voice?

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-09-2015 01:06 AM
    I have it turned on. But, as far as doing any settings to recognize my voice I haven't been able to do that because it doesn't connect with Google.
    01-09-2015 01:08 AM
    So a network connection seems to be my problem with og. Other than that it works great.
    Aquila and Johnly like this.
    01-09-2015 01:22 AM
    So a network connection seems to be my problem with og. Other than that it works great.
    This is what I get most of the time.
    01-09-2015 01:24 AM
    yup, that is what I get with no network connection.
    01-09-2015 01:38 AM
    Hmm. Weird. Do you have the latest Google Search app installed?

01-09-2015 01:44 AM
    I live in the High Country of Colorado. I have wifi at my house, my work and a 4g Att signal from a mountain top 4 miles away. Pretty simple. No other signals for 15+ miles.
    01-09-2015 01:52 AM
    Hmm. Weird. Do you have the latest Google Search app installed?

As far as I know I do.
    01-09-2015 01:54 AM
    As far as I know I do.
    I'm not sure what's going on. Just to be sure, go to the Play Store and search for the Google app, which is the square blue icon with the Google G on it. Make sure it says installed. If it says update then go ahead and do so. If you do have to update, try another Okay Google voice search. If that doesn't work, try going into the Google app itself then either slide the menu out from left to right or press the menu button in the Google search box. Go to Settings > Voice > "OK Google" Detection then delete the voice model. Then just go back in and select train voice model so Google can recognize your voice. If after all this and you still have issues I'd suggest getting in contact with Google.

01-09-2015 02:05 AM
    I'm not sure what's going on. Just to be sure, go to the Play Store and search for the Google app, which is the square blue icon with the Google G on it. Make sure it says installed. If it says update then go ahead and do so. If you do have to update, try another Okay Google voice search. If that doesn't work, try going into the Google app itself then either slide the menu out from left to right or press the menu button in the Google search box. Go to Settings > Voice > "OK Google" Detection then delete the voice model. Then just go back in and select train voice model so Google can recognize your voice. If after all this and you still have issues I'd suggest getting in contact with Google.

I've never been able to set up the voice recognition section. I've always received the message I posted earlier.
    01-09-2015 02:20 AM
    I've never been able to set up the voice recognition section. I've always received the message I posted earlier.
    Not sure how much more I can help then. Sorry.

pauldroidr2d2 likes this.
    01-09-2015 03:34 AM
    Hmm, have you got any apps disabled or restricted background data to? Does it work sometimes still though?
    bplink95 likes this.
    01-09-2015 04:46 AM
    Hmm, have you got any apps disabled or restricted background data to? Does it work sometimes still though?
    It has worked on occasion. But, not very often. Not often enough yet for me to be able to figure out why it might be working or not working.
    01-09-2015 08:48 AM
    It has worked on occasion. But, not very often. Not often enough yet for me to be able to figure out why it might be working or not working.
    Some apps shut off internet access to save battery. Once you awaken your phone, it can take 20 to 30 seconds for it to reconnect to the Internet. What battery-saver apps do you have installed and are you waiting for the 3g, 4g or WiFi icon to appear on your screen before you try OG?
    01-09-2015 09:52 AM
    Some apps shut off internet access to save battery. Once you awaken your phone, it can take 20 to 30 seconds for it to reconnect to the Internet. What battery-saver apps do you have installed and are you waiting for the 3g, 4g or WiFi icon to appear on your screen before you try OG?
    The only battery saver that I use is the one is the one that is hardwired into the Note 4. Just the standard one, not the ultra power saving.
    01-09-2015 10:00 AM
    I guess the only question that remains is: Are you checking for the 3G, 4G or WiFi icon before you try OG? If you don't have Internet connectivity, OG won't work.
    01-09-2015 10:19 AM
    When I attempt to use it I have either a data signal ie 4G LTE, 3G, or wifi.
    01-09-2015 10:22 AM
    I never say OK Google, I just asked what I want to ask without that phrase in the beginning. So far I have not had any trouble.
    01-11-2015 02:54 AM
    Have you tried using it without power saving I noticed it was on in your image.
    01-11-2015 11:20 AM
    That doesn't make any difference.
    01-11-2015 12:03 PM
    Your work WiFi could be blocking the outgoing ports needed for Google. Older phones would indicate that by turning the WiFi icon from blue to gray. I do not know how Note 4 indicates this.

Try switching the WiFi off, and using Ok Google on carrier data.
    kct1975 likes this.
    01-11-2015 03:13 PM
    After verifying connectivity (browse to google.com) and checking Google Voice settings as previously recommended try force stopping Google Now Launcher (or Google app if you're not running the official launcher) and clearing app cache.

From the Home screen swipe down > tap the Settings gear > scroll down and tap Applications > Applications Manager > swipe from right to left until you see the "All" heading > scroll down and tap Google Now Launcher > Clear Cache (and data if it's bold) Force Stop (prompts it will misbehave but that's ok -it's acting up anyway). Restart your Note 4 and try it again. It should give you the initial set up.

If this doesn't work you may have to reinstall the Launcher. If you don't have it please let us know what you are using.
    kct1975 and Matthew Hinkle like this.
    01-11-2015 03:38 PM
    I don't have a note but usually when I get that error, it's due to network connection

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Johnly likes this.
    01-12-2015 04:07 AM
    I have had my Note 4 since 12-23-14 and at first it worked fine but now even on 4G and home Wifi I get this most of the time. Going to try all of the above suggestions and hope for a fix. I use Google Now for Everything!
    01-14-2015 08:08 PM
34 12