Camera question - disable burst mode?

wetermommy

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to turn the burst shot option off like on my s4 I usually hold the camera button down to focus and be ready for a shot but with note 4 it just takes a ton of pictures.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Camera question

I didn't see a setting to disable burst mode. You can consider using a third party app

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to turn the burst shot option off like on my s4 I usually hold the camera button down to focus and be ready for a shot but with note 4 it just takes a ton of pictures.
Posted via the Android Central App

Make sure you have not selected "shot and more" in modes. That is the only setting that I can find to take a burst series.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Please tell me more. I use the "focus" method as described by worwig and do not get bursts?
As per the op, hold the camera button down for burst. Tapping/holding the screen will set the focus.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
As per the op, hold the camera button down for burst. Tapping/holding the screen will set the focus.

And it will take 30 shots in about 2 seconds. I use this a lot to get that perfect pic.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
You can't disable burst mode for now. Send feedback to Samsung; maybe they will consider it for a future software update.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
And it will take 30 shots in about 2 seconds. I use this a lot to get that perfect pic.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Tried this last night. Camera popped up a message that burst shot is not available with night mode auto detect selected . Gave up after a while. Sorted out this morning. While the flash is on or on auto the camera will not take burst shots. (in shot and more it still takes burst shots with the flash on auto) Whether the same will happen when flash is required I do not know. Will have to wait for night to test that.
This may be a workaround to the OP's query.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Tried this last night. Camera popped up a message that burst shot is not available with night mode auto detect selected . Gave up after a while. Sorted out this morning. While the flash is on or on auto the camera will not take burst shots. (in shot and more it still takes burst shots with the flash on auto) Whether the same will happen when flash is required I do not know. Will have to wait for night to test that.
This may be a workaround to the OP's query.
Burst mode won't work below a certain brightness, but it should absolutely work with the flash on auto

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4