Why is my Note 4 overheating?

anon(5816156)

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: note 4 overheating

Phone doesn't often overheat but when it does, the phone somehow became slower. Could be the cpu throttling.

It overheats easily when I used dark black cases. Use the counterfeit Verus case with card storage and it is easier to overheats indeed.

Posted via the Android Central App

Lamoure

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site

go to settings > battery and see what is using the majority of your battery power. A few days ago I had this problem where my phone was warm and the battery was draining like crazy. Turns out my phone was stuck on "indexing" and it went on and on for days. I did several trouble shooting techniques and eventually it stopped. Now everything is fine again.

What did u do to fix the "Indexing problem?"

syvohn nicholson

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
My phone is overheating bad and is overheating so much it burned my arm! This phone gets to hot and it is causing problems on the device! My clock does not even work!

Cavboygt

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site

My note 4 overheat because of google apps that I don't use but installed by itself. I disabled most of them just leave google map and google chrome.

Note 4 strong Posted via the Android Central App

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

My phone got EXTREMELY HOT when I downloaded the Lollipop Update. So hot that even in my Supcase heavy duty case, it was uncomfortable to hold in my hand. I checked online right away and people with the S5 having the problem were told to take out the battery, if you have an SD Card (Which I do), take that out for about 5 minutes and then pop both back in the phone. The Battery was Super Hot when I pulled it. After that, the phone was fine. It got hot one more time after that, but forgot why and I even talked to AT&T where they told me the super protective heavy duty cases sometimes trap the heat, so better with a thinner case. I tried that for awhile, but they were from my Verizon Note 4, so holes didn't all match. I ended up with an Incipio Casemate Case (Still had to go with a thicker case, phones too expensive not too in my Opinion) and my echo of my voice stopped once I got a correct AT&T case and I shut off the The HD Voice option in settings. Still get the echo occasionally, but usually when someone is speaking to me on speaker phone on their end. Changes with a regular call. I haven't really noticed the heat as much, but the phone can get hot if using a lot.

daviddsg

May 9, 2015
Visit site
With wifi on, my note 4 gets very hot and action memo does not automatically load when I detach the S pen. With wifi off, the problems disappear completely. Is there a fix so that I can use wifi again?

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
heavy user here, only time mine gets hot is when its in the car, in direct sun for a long time. its actually never OVERheated and shut down like my note 2 did a few times.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

What did you do to fix the "Indexing" problem?

I had the same issue with an old microSD card switched from a previous phone. My solution was to replace the card with a new one. Problem solved. At the cost of microSD cards from major vendors being so low, especially on Amazon, there is no reason to use old cards.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

Hi.
I have searched the forum for'overheat' and 'overheating'phares and couldn't find the solution.I got galaxy note 4 well today's afternoon just in one hour my phone got quite hot,by just keeping it in the pocket.
my battery level dropped from 90 % to 36% the screen wasn't turned on in my pocket.
Without using it I was checking it frequently for temperature,it's been hot for the next hour and completely drained out then.
After plugin in and start to charge I turned it on and it became hot again,unlikely the previous times I was charging,now that I finished charging after couple of hours everything is fine,no overheat or sudden batter drain.
are there any information regarding similar issues does anyone know what may cause it?
mobile data was on,phone was running like usual without any additional tasks.
I checked the battery drain indicator at 36% it was screen and android system on the first two places-but this is almost like always.
Before I return the phone I greatly appreciate for any help.

Brand new phones do that. The phone was syncing all your data, and once it was done it stopped heating up. Every phone does that at initial setup.

I wish people would stop freaking out so quickly over this 'overheat' saga.

haggistheoriginal

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site

Hi there, Just thought i would share my experience. My Note 4 was experiencing the same high drain and heat issues from the beginning. It turned out to be a problem with the SD card (or at least a problem between them!) When I took the SD card out of the phone it acted like a brand new phone, high battery life and long lasting. There is a scorch mark on the outside of the case where the SD card was heating up!

BrittBeotch

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site

Sad thing about this is, I have had three or four devices..... All of which do the same thing, overheat after having it two or three weeks. Terrible. Goodbye Samsung technology.

Umar Hafeez

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site

Is it normal ??? My note 4 darins 1% in 5 mins . My all bloatware apps are disabled and phone is on power saving mode . I bought this phone on 28 june .
Yestarday i was charging note 4 . I touch the phone its like burining hot i take off the battery and cool down . Now again i charged and not happen again overheating .
Sorry for my bad english .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-15-14-28-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-15-14-28-24.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 108

Umar Hafeez

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site

Dpham00 , on 3:45 pm the battery was 87% after 2 hours of web browsing ,fb ,an 20 mins of playing furit ninja and rival the battery level was 62% on 5:45 pm . Is it ok ???

Umar Hafeez

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site

Here is some screenshots .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-16-01-13-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-16-01-13-07.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_2015-07-16-01-13-02.jpg