03-28-2016 04:23 PM
48 12
tools
    My note 4 overheat because of google apps that I don't use but installed by itself. I disabled most of them just leave google map and google chrome.

Note 4 strong Posted via the Android Central App
    04-08-2015 01:11 AM
    My phone got EXTREMELY HOT when I downloaded the Lollipop Update. So hot that even in my Supcase heavy duty case, it was uncomfortable to hold in my hand. I checked online right away and people with the S5 having the problem were told to take out the battery, if you have an SD Card (Which I do), take that out for about 5 minutes and then pop both back in the phone. The Battery was Super Hot when I pulled it. After that, the phone was fine. It got hot one more time after that, but forgot why and I even talked to AT&T where they told me the super protective heavy duty cases sometimes trap the heat, so better with a thinner case. I tried that for awhile, but they were from my Verizon Note 4, so holes didn't all match. I ended up with an Incipio Casemate Case (Still had to go with a thicker case, phones too expensive not too in my Opinion) and my echo of my voice stopped once I got a correct AT&T case and I shut off the The HD Voice option in settings. Still get the echo occasionally, but usually when someone is speaking to me on speaker phone on their end. Changes with a regular call. I haven't really noticed the heat as much, but the phone can get hot if using a lot.
    04-08-2015 03:25 AM
    With wifi on, my note 4 gets very hot and action memo does not automatically load when I detach the S pen. With wifi off, the problems disappear completely. Is there a fix so that I can use wifi again?
    05-08-2015 07:47 PM
    heavy user here, only time mine gets hot is when its in the car, in direct sun for a long time. its actually never OVERheated and shut down like my note 2 did a few times.
    05-09-2015 06:31 AM
    I turned off "Fast Charging" under "Power Saving Mode" and my phone cooled down.
    06-18-2015 05:56 PM
    What did you do to fix the "Indexing" problem?
    I had the same issue with an old microSD card switched from a previous phone. My solution was to replace the card with a new one. Problem solved. At the cost of microSD cards from major vendors being so low, especially on Amazon, there is no reason to use old cards.
    06-19-2015 12:35 PM
    Hi.
    I have searched the forum for'overheat' and 'overheating'phares and couldn't find the solution.I got galaxy note 4 well today's afternoon just in one hour my phone got quite hot,by just keeping it in the pocket.
    my battery level dropped from 90 % to 36% the screen wasn't turned on in my pocket.
    Without using it I was checking it frequently for temperature,it's been hot for the next hour and completely drained out then.
    After plugin in and start to charge I turned it on and it became hot again,unlikely the previous times I was charging,now that I finished charging after couple of hours everything is fine,no overheat or sudden batter drain.
    are there any information regarding similar issues does anyone know what may cause it?
    mobile data was on,phone was running like usual without any additional tasks.
    I checked the battery drain indicator at 36% it was screen and android system on the first two places-but this is almost like always.
    Before I return the phone I greatly appreciate for any help.
    Brand new phones do that. The phone was syncing all your data, and once it was done it stopped heating up. Every phone does that at initial setup.

I wish people would stop freaking out so quickly over this 'overheat' saga.
    beh likes this.
    06-19-2015 06:14 PM
    Hi there, Just thought i would share my experience. My Note 4 was experiencing the same high drain and heat issues from the beginning. It turned out to be a problem with the SD card (or at least a problem between them!) When I took the SD card out of the phone it acted like a brand new phone, high battery life and long lasting. There is a scorch mark on the outside of the case where the SD card was heating up!
    07-10-2015 05:57 AM
    Sad thing about this is, I have had three or four devices..... All of which do the same thing, overheat after having it two or three weeks. Terrible. Goodbye Samsung technology.
    07-14-2015 05:13 PM
    Is it normal ??? My note 4 darins 1% in 5 mins . My all bloatware apps are disabled and phone is on power saving mode . I bought this phone on 28 june .
    Yestarday i was charging note 4 . I touch the phone its like burining hot i take off the battery and cool down . Now again i charged and not happen again overheating .
    Sorry for my bad english .

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Why is my Note 4 overheating?-screenshot_2015-07-15-14-28-24.jpg  
    07-15-2015 07:59 AM
    Let it run for a few hours and post back
    07-15-2015 11:18 AM
    Dpham00 , on 3:45 pm the battery was 87% after 2 hours of web browsing ,fb ,an 20 mins of playing furit ninja and rival the battery level was 62% on 5:45 pm . Is it ok ???

07-15-2015 12:20 PM
    Post a screen shot
    07-15-2015 04:51 PM
    Here is some screenshots .

Attached Thumbnails Why is my Note 4 overheating?-screenshot_2015-07-16-01-13-07.jpg   Why is my Note 4 overheating?-screenshot_2015-07-16-01-13-02.jpg  
    07-15-2015 06:14 PM
    My phone is overheating bad and is overheating so much it burned my arm! This phone gets to hot and it is causing problems on the device! My clock does not even work!
    None of that happened...

07-15-2015 07:49 PM
    Here is some screenshots .

What screen on time?
    07-15-2015 09:00 PM
    Again i charge my phone ,no over heating by fast charging ,fast charger take 30 mins to charger 45% . Here are some screenshot after recharge .

Attached Thumbnails Why is my Note 4 overheating?-screenshot_2015-07-16-03-56-13.jpg   Why is my Note 4 overheating?-screenshot_2015-07-16-04-02-16.jpg   Why is my Note 4 overheating?-screenshot_2015-07-16-04-06-04.jpg  
    07-15-2015 09:07 PM
    Screen on time

Attached Thumbnails Why is my Note 4 overheating?-screenshot_2015-07-16-12-32-34.jpg  
    07-16-2015 05:33 AM
    Hi All,

I bought Samsung note 4 few days back and it gets warm while using camera, in particular while using front camera. It gets warm around camera, display and at also at back. Is this normal ? i catched around 30 pics in 5 mins and this issue is reproducible.
    08-02-2015 07:34 PM
    Sad thing about this is, I have had three or four devices..... All of which do the same thing, overheat after having it two or three weeks. Terrible. Goodbye Samsung technology.
    Are you saying that you got your carrier or Samsung to give you 3 replacement Galaxy Note 4 phones when your original started reheating, and all of them have had the same problem?
    09-16-2015 01:27 PM
    Are you saying that you got your carrier or Samsung to give you 3 replacement Galaxy Note 4 phones when your original started reheating, and all of them have had the same problem?
    I offered some suggestions in the thread you started.
    godzillinois likes this.
    09-16-2015 03:15 PM
    i have had my note 4 for over a year never had a problem untill about 3 months ago when sending texts to my husband it kept freezing but only messages to him very odd. then it suddenly turned off after doing this for two weeks, when i turned it back on it said it had overheated, yet it never felt hot. switched it off for 24hours with battery out then factory reset it and i thought problem solved. however it has started again this time nothing i do fixes it after it being on for half an hour it says it is overheating and powers down the phone. if this is a common fault with the note 4 i may be going to buy a different phone in the morning.
    03-28-2016 04:18 PM
    i have had my note 4 for over a year never had a problem untill about 3 months ago when sending texts to my husband it kept freezing but only messages to him very odd. then it suddenly turned off after doing this for two weeks, when i turned it back on it said it had overheated, yet it never felt hot. switched it off for 24hours with battery out then factory reset it and i thought problem solved. however it has started again this time nothing i do fixes it after it being on for half an hour it says it is overheating and powers down the phone. if this is a common fault with the note 4 i may be going to buy a different phone in the morning.
    also my battery has not drained and is fine. i have just used the new update before the problem re occured.
    03-28-2016 04:23 PM
48 12