03-28-2016 03:23 PM
48 12
tools
    Hi.
    I have searched the forum for'overheat' and 'overheating'phares and couldn't find the solution.I got galaxy note 4 well today's afternoon just in one hour my phone got quite hot,by just keeping it in the pocket.
    my battery level dropped from 90 % to 36% the screen wasn't turned on in my pocket.
    Without using it I was checking it frequently for temperature,it's been hot for the next hour and completely drained out then.
    After plugin in and start to charge I turned it on and it became hot again,unlikely the previous times I was charging,now that I finished charging after couple of hours everything is fine,no overheat or sudden batter drain.
    are there any information regarding similar issues does anyone know what may cause it?
    mobile data was on,phone was running like usual without any additional tasks.
    I checked the battery drain indicator at 36% it was screen and android system on the first two places-but this is almost like always.
    Before I return the phone I greatly appreciate for any help.
    01-09-2015 03:34 PM
    Try the app Clean Master. It will warn you of overheating and fix it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-09-2015 03:55 PM
    Did you change something in your system?
    01-09-2015 04:05 PM
    Go to settings, battery, and look to see what app is sucking the battery.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    01-09-2015 06:54 PM
    Look like a rogue app to me. Do as worwig said maybe you'll see the app causing this.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    01-09-2015 11:52 PM
    Look over your recently installed apps. There may have been one that was keeping your phone awake. If it happens again I would suggest deleting your most recently installed apps. Also, rebooting the phone will close out any rogue apps.
    01-10-2015 03:17 PM
    Install wake lock detector from the play store

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    01-10-2015 05:46 PM
    Sadly, my note 4 overheated by just installing my old apps.Returned the phone. My note 3 never over heated. Seems to be problem with the note 4
    01-19-2015 06:47 AM
    Sadly, my note 4 overheated by just installing my old apps.Returned the phone. My note 3 never over heated. Seems to be problem with the note 4
    Of course it's your choice in what phone to use. But did you try any of the suggestions here?

I've got a Note 4, since release day. Only time it got hot was on set up, as it was syncing. This is normal.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    01-19-2015 07:40 AM
    I use the hell out of my Note 4 and it never gets hot.
    Barb d likes this.
    01-19-2015 12:18 PM
    Mine overheated when I had it in a Body Glove Case. Stopped using it and it stopped overheating

Sent from my beautiful white NOTE 4!!
    01-19-2015 12:48 PM
    i cracked my screen (Note 4) and got a replacement phone. the replacement started overheating and battery drain immediately. They included a new battery with the replacement that i did not use initially. i went through all the clean up and battery monitoring apps suggested here, but nothing helped.
    i changed the battery to the one that came with the replacement and boom, it worked. no more overheating. not saying it will work for everyone, but it worked for me.
    02-13-2015 09:21 AM
    go to settings > battery and see what is using the majority of your battery power. A few days ago I had this problem where my phone was warm and the battery was draining like crazy. Turns out my phone was stuck on "indexing" and it went on and on for days. I did several trouble shooting techniques and eventually it stopped. Now everything is fine again.
    02-13-2015 10:34 AM
    I use the hell out of my Note 4 and it never gets hot.
    hmm...tht's pretty interesting cuz I use mine for 5 minutes and I can feel like it's starting to heat up!

u have a case for your note 4?
    02-13-2015 11:11 AM
    Mine overheated when I had it in a Body Glove Case. Stopped using it and it stopped overheating

Sent from my beautiful white NOTE 4!!
    So you don't use any case cover for your note 4 now?
    02-13-2015 11:12 AM
    I use mine quite a bit and have never noticed it getting hot. Had it since release day also. Always use it in a case. Perhaps you received a faulty unit?
    02-13-2015 11:15 AM
    only time my phone really got hot was one night I plugged it in, left youtube running so listen to a podcast and stupidly put my phone under my pillow and then fell asleep like this. Needless to say this was horrendously dumb, but I didn't kill my phone, surprisingly!
    02-13-2015 12:50 PM
    Try the app Clean Master. It will warn you of overheating and fix it.

I don't believe that app is accurate. There are times when I haven;t used my phone in a few hours and I open an app. That clean Master app will warn me that my phone is over heating. Yeah. Sure it is. I ignore that notification and just keep using the phone. Nothing ever happens and the battery doesn't drain.
    02-13-2015 05:33 PM
    By Chance did you install an old SD card? I had the same problem with overheating and battery drain and the IndexServicing was non stop when I first got my phone. After removing my old SD card (had been used in 2 previous phones), and the phone recharging/resetting it has been Fantastic ever since. No overheating and no Battery drain! I have not put any kind of SD card back in.

Here is a link to the lengthy thread, but perhaps will help.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post4231006
    02-13-2015 05:54 PM
    hmm...tht's pretty interesting cuz I use mine for 5 minutes and I can feel like it's starting to heat up!

u have a case for your note 4?
    Spigen cases. Slim armor mostly.
    02-16-2015 05:33 AM
    Phone doesn't often overheat but when it does, the phone somehow became slower. Could be the cpu throttling.

It overheats easily when I used dark black cases. Use the counterfeit Verus case with card storage and it is easier to overheats indeed.

02-16-2015 07:41 AM
    What did you do to fix the "Indexing" problem?
    03-11-2015 10:16 PM
    go to settings > battery and see what is using the majority of your battery power. A few days ago I had this problem where my phone was warm and the battery was draining like crazy. Turns out my phone was stuck on "indexing" and it went on and on for days. I did several trouble shooting techniques and eventually it stopped. Now everything is fine again.
    What did u do to fix the "Indexing problem?"
    03-11-2015 10:17 PM
    Couldn't find settings /battery on my note 4.
    O2 uk

03-12-2015 01:53 AM
    My phone is overheating bad and is overheating so much it burned my arm! This phone gets to hot and it is causing problems on the device! My clock does not even work!
    04-08-2015 12:02 AM
48 12