Wifi password problem.

420benz

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
For some reason Wifi stoped working on my phone. It keeps asking me for the password. The password has 16 didgets. It works for about two days then the problem comes back. I reset the xfinity modum and the problem seems to by fixed. How can I change the original 16 diget password and and create my own.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
In the Xfinity? In the Wifi, wireless or WLAN section. In the phone? "Forget" the connection and create a new one.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
For some reason Wifi stoped working on my phone. It keeps asking me for the password. The password has 16 didgets. It works for about two days then the problem comes back. I reset the xfinity modum and the problem seems to by fixed. How can I change the original 16 diget password and and create my own.

Way I understand it, it is the wifi's preset login password. Best set by acessing the wifi through the router console in windows or Mac and changing the password there. I may well be wrong.....

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you be more specific?

If you are referring to my reply...

When you initially had your router setup up there would have been an option to change its (the router) default password that would be used by wifi devices to log on to the network to your own easy to remember password. If that is the case, you need to access the router settings from a pc to change. The access is through a Web browser by(usually) typing 10.0.0.2 in the address bar, then logging into the router administration console and changing the password. There are pitfalls. If you do not have the admin password (likely to be different from the 16 digit yiu referred to earlier) you can completely lock yourself out of the wifi.

420benz

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Tried all of the above and cannot log into wifi.Called comcast and they could not solve the problem either. They are sending a tech here on Wed.May need a new router.Thanks for all of your help guys.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Well if you need your old password in order to log into the router and change to a new password, that information is in the sticker under the Xfinity router. There you will find the name of the Network and the password.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma