04-29-2016 12:07 AM
39 12
tools
    I figured out a way to fix it.
    Open the Camera -----select Mode------ select Manage Mods--------- and Deselect all the Modes.
    After I did this my Tmobile Note 4 never had a focus problem.
    I believe it is a software problem.
    03-03-2015 11:04 PM
    Same problem, but it's a full minute, not more. Still that ruins any possibility of a quick shot. Came here to look for answers, saw your post, called tech at Samsung, problem solved after clearing data/cache in camera app from applications manager. Focuses instantly again, whoo hoo! Hope this helps yours!
    04-05-2015 11:16 PM
    Ive had a few times using the camera app slow to get in focus the first time I open the app but after that it works fine. Slow for me is if it takes longer then 15 seconds. I have noticed there is also a difference if I have the MicroSD as the save location. If I have the device as save location it seems faster.
    04-06-2015 08:02 PM
    Well for me this Camera focus problem is really annoying . All the solutions mentioned here (tapping on the top, shaking the phone, deselecting all the modes, reset settings or clearing cache) seem to be a temporary solution. If my phone is inactive for a long time say more than 2 hours or overnight, the problem continues to exist. My phone is 3 months old and right now in process of writing emails to Samsung and describing the problem. It seems they are not yet aware of this issue. I am doubt if the lollipop update or firmware update will resolve this issue. Please update if anyone has found a permanent fix for this problem other than replacing the phone .
    04-08-2015 10:19 AM
    Well for me this Camera focus problem is really annoying . All the solutions mentioned here (tapping on the top, shaking the phone, deselecting all the modes, reset settings or clearing cache) seem to be a temporary solution. If my phone is inactive for a long time say more than 2 hours or overnight, the problem continues to exist. My phone is 3 months old and right now in process of writing emails to Samsung and describing the problem. It seems they are not yet aware of this issue. I am doubt if the lollipop update or firmware update will resolve this issue. Please update if anyone has found a permanent fix for this problem other than replacing the phone .
    The only solution that I think works is to get the phone replaced. I did that immediately upon noticing the issue. I think all the other "solutions" are temporary, at best.

📐🍷from the sliQ side of womb with the n.Edge🍶📏
    04-08-2015 05:57 PM
    Well I gave my phone to the service center from where I purchased and I got it back after one week. They replaced the camera module and digital focus and the problem is now solved. So as mentioned earlier it was a hardware issue.
    04-18-2015 05:44 AM
    I came across this forum because I have had the same issue with my camera for a year! I cleared the cache in the application manager and it works perfectly now. Thank you!!
    12-02-2015 04:17 PM
    i was at the same boat with the Note 4 from new, nothing fix it, just i replaced the phone and the new one works perfect since day 1.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    12-06-2015 06:13 PM
    cleared the camera cache in the application manager and it works fine now. Remains to be seen if the problem comes back or not.
    New input, it is back and Samsung put the blaim on any app I might have downloaded (I only use Google play) that this app mess up my camera, I do not like Samsung response at all. Planning to leave Samsung for Nexus next time
    02-18-2016 02:02 AM
    Thank you!! Have had my note 4 for a year and the camera was so frustrating to use. I de- selected all the modes that I had downloaded and now my camera is perfection. Thrilled with my note again.
    02-18-2016 07:14 AM
    I am having the same issue
    04-18-2016 02:17 AM
    New input, it is back and Samsung put the blaim on any app I might have downloaded (I only use Google play) that this app mess up my camera, I do not like Samsung response at all. Planning to leave Samsung for Nexus next time
    04-24-2016 04:59 PM
    OMG I just turned my camera on, donked it with the palm of my hand and it snapped to focus straight away.
    04-26-2016 07:11 AM
    Thanks! To give it a donk seems to be the quickest way to focus the Samsung Note 4 camera. This must be a hardware issue Samsung should fix.
    04-29-2016 12:07 AM
39 12