04-28-2016 11:07 PM
39 12
tools
    Ok the film cover lense is off!
    I have tried auto mode, selective mode, HDR on, off, bright light, low light... the camera takes about 2 to 3 minutes until it selects focus!
    so basically when i hit on the camera icon, everything comes in blurry except for the objects that is placed very close to the camera.
    It's really weird but then after 2 3 minutes everything comes into focus and nothing is blurry anymore and I can switch my focus to different spots.
    01-12-2015 07:28 PM
    It might be a hardware issue. Mine focuses pretty fast.
    Niloo Navaei likes this.
    01-12-2015 07:58 PM
    Yeah, that's not even close to normal.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-12-2015 09:03 PM
    Your phone is broken. Last ditch try FV-5 camera app. If it does the same thing return your phone for a new one.
    01-12-2015 09:34 PM
    Some folks have bad hardware, but it also feels like a software bug. I can consistently get the focus to work quickly, for a short period of time, by resetting the camera settings or changing the default modes. But then it goes back to not wanting to focus on subsequent camera launches. I'm really, really hoping a software update fixes this.
    01-12-2015 09:49 PM
    Mine does the same thing.

Niloo Navaei likes this.
    01-12-2015 10:11 PM
    Have you guys done a factory reset?
    01-12-2015 10:17 PM
    Ok the film cover lense is off!
    I have tried auto mode, selective mode, HDR on, off, bright light, low light... the camera takes about 2 to 3 minutes until it selects focus!
    so basically when i hit on the camera icon, everything comes in blurry except for the objects that is placed very close to the camera.
    It's really weird but then after 2 3 minutes everything comes into focus and nothing is blurry anymore and I can switch my focus to different spots.
    Most likely a hardware issue. My lens was sticking on my wife's. Try hitting the top of the phone gently in the palm of your hand and see if it snaps to focus. If it does, you got one of the bad cameras. Time to exchange. Don't miss out on the camera it's one of the best features of the 4.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4
    Niloo Navaei and heathersimon like this.
    01-12-2015 10:51 PM
    A long shot I know but might it be worth exercising it from short to long focus repeatedly to see if it might free up anything that is causing it to Jam?

01-13-2015 04:03 AM
    The problem might be with hardware. I think you should contact with support team of Samsung or can also follow troubleshooting steps provided on the official site.
    Niloo Navaei likes this.
    01-13-2015 06:00 AM
    I contacted samsung about my camera issues. All they would do is tell me I have to send it to them for a fix which will take like a week. Can't be without my phone that long

Niloo Navaei likes this.
    01-13-2015 09:06 AM
    I contacted samsung about my camera issues. All they would do is tell me I have to send it to them for a fix which will take like a week. Can't be without my phone that long

If you have a carrier model then you can contact the carrier. For verizon, will send you a replacement first and hit send in your phone later

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
    01-13-2015 09:11 AM
    Most likely a hardware issue. My lens was sticking on my wife's. Try hitting the top of the phone gently in the palm of your hand and see if it snaps to focus. If it does, you got one of the bad cameras. Time to exchange. Don't miss out on the camera it's one of the best features of the 4.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4
    ... Ah. Dammit.

Thanks. I guess I get to try and find a good time to be without my phone for two weeks. Think I can put my SIM in my old 1020?
    01-13-2015 10:39 AM
    I had this issue on my first Note 4 and was very frustrated. So much that I started a thread questioning Samsung's QA process. Everyone seemed to think that out of the millions of phones sold it is par for the course to have this type of issue. I'm still not sure I agree on that.

I returned mine for a replacement from AT&T and the replacement unit is appropriately flawless.
    Niloo Navaei likes this.
    01-13-2015 11:20 AM
    camera takes about 2 to 3 minutes until it selects focus!
    Same problem, but it's a full minute, not more. Still that ruins any possibility of a quick shot. Came here to look for answers, saw your post, called tech at Samsung, problem solved after clearing data/cache in camera app from applications manager. Focuses instantly again, whoo hoo! Hope this helps yours!
    01-13-2015 07:01 PM
    try clearing data/cache in camera app under applications manager, worked perfect for me.
    01-13-2015 07:07 PM
    try clearing data/cache in camera app under applications manager, worked perfect for me.
    Very interesting. I hope this helps folks that are having this issue.
    Note.notions likes this.
    01-13-2015 07:42 PM
    Didn't help me!!

tarsins likes this.
    01-14-2015 01:53 PM
    It helps - sometimes - but not consistently. And lately, it hasn't been working the way it did the first few times I tried it.
    01-14-2015 02:07 PM
    You are awesome. I tapped the side of mine a few times on the palm of my hand and now it focuses. Thanks for the tip. And I guess I'll let them know I have a defective one. It's a work phone.
    01-29-2015 02:41 PM
    I know this might be an old post/thread, but I found I had these focusing issues with my s-view case on.
    02-13-2015 11:31 AM
    Both my Note 3 and Note 4 sometimes refuse to focus sometimes. Picture would be both dark and light areas at an acute angle to the main subject. Nothing helps except pulling out a real camera :>
    Does not happen often.
    02-13-2015 02:05 PM
    This is as per T-mobile!!

Reset the Camera settings and retest.
    From the Home screen, open the Apps tray.
    Tap Camera.
    Tap the Settings icon.
    Tap Reset settings.
    Reboot the device into Safe Mode and retest. If the camera is able to focus while in Safe mode, a 3rd party app has been installed and will need to be uninstalled.
    If the above steps do not work contact customer care.

It seems like it may be a hardware component, so an OTA may not present a fix, only a device exchange. If I end up with more information, I will be sure to share.

Otherwise, please follow the steps, I definitely understand it may not be related to third parties, but for now, those are the steps we have to try, and if they don't work, feel free to contact us directly so we can reference the IMEI and explore any needed exchange options!

If any new info comes up, I'll be back to share!

Hot off the presses

#note4nearsighted

#note4focusgate
    02-19-2015 03:33 PM
    I'm pretty sure it is an issue with the OIS on this phone. The 6 + is/was having similar issues, which also has OIS.
    02-20-2015 10:10 AM
    I actually had the same issue where my phone wouldn't focus. I bought it to the AT&T store and they set me up with a replacement. So now I'm waiting for the new one to arrive then I ship my old one out. Kind of annoyed but everything else on the phone is amazing. And I'm happy I don't have to give up my phone until I get the new one.
    02-20-2015 06:02 PM
39 12