Don't need a selfie stick.

With a tripod mount I can attach the phone to either a monopod or tripod.

Any recommendations?
    01-13-2015 09:07 AM
    I was looking for myself recently and ended up getting one of these for its versatility:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MAARLT6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works great both as a tripod mount and a standalone stabilizer. But Amazon has several varieties available, e.g.

Amazon.com: RetiCAM® Smartphone Tripod Mount XL - Metal Universal Smartphone Tripod Adapter - XL, Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
    01-13-2015 10:24 AM
    While I was waiting for a reply I came across this tripod mount on Amazon and I think it is just what I want, since I have a monopod and tripod, as well as a ball head.
    01-13-2015 10:40 AM
    My Square Jellyfish metal bracket arrived today

Here's how it looks holding my Note4 in the silicone jacket I got from Verizon when I bought it.

I have it mounted on a Manfrotto ballhead, which is screwed into my tripod. I really like it, the sides which hold the phone are spring mounted and close and fold down to a very compact size - easy to fit in a small bag.( I also have a Manfrotto quick release plate on the ballhead.) Neither the ballhead or the quick release plate are necessary, but for the photo gearheads who have them, they come in handy!

Not necessary to have a ballhead, but I had one mounted on my monopod.

Tripod Mount for Note 4?-square-jelly-fish-metal-bracket.jpg
    01-15-2015 05:26 PM
    Yea, I was going to modify one of my belt clips with a 1/4-20 threaded part to screw into the tripod. Probably will tap it for 1 size larger and use a helicoil for the threads to save the wear and tear on the plastic.

Anyone use a telephoto or wide angle lens adapter yet?
    01-15-2015 05:40 PM
    Thank you for posting your update. I was going to suggest this when I saw your post, but you already found it and ordered it. Glad to see it is a good choice that will work with our phone.
    01-16-2015 11:01 AM
    Always happy to pass on a great discovery!
    01-16-2015 12:27 PM
    I use this mount to hold my Note 4 and mount to my tripod. It is well made and opens wide enough to hold the Note 4 nude or with most cases.
    Amazon.com: Joby GripTight Smartphone Tripod Mount (XL): JOBY: Cell Phones & Accessories
    01-16-2015 03:23 PM
    How do you like it?
    05-11-2015 10:49 PM
    I was looking for myself recently and ended up getting one of these for its versatility:
    How do you like it?
    05-11-2015 10:50 PM
    How do you like it?
    I like it for the stability it provides in my hand and it works great on a tripod. It's useful as a handholder for when I'm taking a number of shots - if you're taking just a picture or two, it's not worth the effort of putting on, even however little that is.
    scooby d1 likes this.
    05-12-2015 09:54 AM
    I like it for the stability it provides in my hand and it works great on a tripod. It's useful as a handholder for when I'm taking a number of shots - if you're taking just a picture or two, it's not worth the effort of putting on, even however little that is.
    Should work quite well then for video.
    05-15-2015 07:47 AM
    Should work quite well then for video.
    It does. Another reason why I bought it - I learned that from using a short grip with my Hero 4 cam.
    05-15-2015 09:03 AM